Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Projekt 400 Degreez ( 99 sc400 )

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-15, 01:32 PM
504SC
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Projekt 400 Degreez ( 99 sc400 )

Well I am starting a new thread for my new SC400, I sold my 98 SC300 1JZ a week ago. It was a blast but on to the next one as they say.

So the new car was bought from MAK89 here on the forums. I had been watching his ad for some time and always admired how clean the car was. So with cash in hand I decided to make it mine. For the record, Mark ( Mak89 ) was an awesome seller and the transaction was very smooth. He was very forthcoming with all the information on the car and was very quick to answer any question. When I hit him up, he sent me a mega email with 30 pics and 2 youtube video links. Pretty much all I needed.

I flew over to Tampa on 2/19/15 and Mark scooped me up and did the deal. I left there and went straight to the Sound shop to buy and install a nice double din for the ride home. So that's officially my first mod lol. Got an awesome deal on a Pioneer AVH-2700BS with a backup camera. Install is very clean, the guys at 5 star car audio are great. Check them out if you are in the Tampa / Clearwater area.

While I was waiting for the install to complete, I was browsing the local Craigslist and found some beautiful Polished Varrstoen Es2 Wheels for sale. 19x9.5f and 19x10r with 245/35 and 265/35 falken tires. I called the guy and to my luck he still had them. Left the Audio shop and headed there and scooped the wheels and headed home.

It was a nice 9 hour drive home back to New Orleans, but uneventful and very smooth. Mark had taken awesome care of the car and it showed in those 9 hours. Props again to Mark!

So as far as my plans for the future of the car......

The Engine and trans are great, I will be replacing water pump, timing belt, cam seals, spark plugs, very soon as part of the scheduled maintenance. I am not sure if I want to do a gte swap or do full bolt ons to the 1uz vvti with a R154 swap. Not sure right now, but I know if I do the manual swap the wifey wont be so happy lol.

The car will be going to the body shop late this week to get the front and rear bumpers repainted, the front lip is off color from some repairs Mark did. No biggie. The rear has a tow hitch mark right above the plate. Again no biggie.

I also am planning on a brake swap, as I am used to the TT brake setup and the stock SC brakes just don't compare. I have been researching the Z06 brake setup that LRD had done, am waiting on a reply to see if the brackets are still available. I think the ISF rotors with the Z06 calipers would look crucial behind the Polished ES2s....For the rear I will just go tt rears with drilled rotors to match the front.

Interior wise the car needs nothing. Mark did an excellent job doing the black conversion. Its def a highlight of the car. Bravo to Mark once again. I may add some white accents , nothing overboard, just small accents to create a little contrast on the inside.

All in all, the car is fine as it sits. I could do nothing and the car is still very well done. But whats the fun in that? So here is the mod list below....As of now. I will keep this post updated as things happen. Thanks for checking it out!

Exterior

Shine Auto Kit
Custom vented Fenders
Car was repainted a few years back. GS300 White pearl. Beautiful !

Suspension

Tein Flex Coilovers
Ikeya Adjsutable front and rear upper control arms
Rear Megan adjustable toe arms

Wheels
Varrstoen ES2 Polished 19x9.5 / 19x10 245-35 , 265-35 Falkens

Exhaust
Magnaflow mufflers

Interior
Black converted Interior, ( Mix of OEM and SEM pieces )
Fresh Tint
Reupholstered Front and rear seats. Beautiful
IS250 Floor Mats
ISF Shift ****
Pioneer Double Din, Appradio, Backup camera

Last edited by 504SC; 03-04-15 at 03:33 PM.
Old 02-23-15, 01:37 PM
504SC
Rookie

She had me at hello.......

Clean Bay....

Mark did an excellent job on the Black conversion as you can see

My first pic of her, she was enjoying the view. And so was I lol.

Thanks again to Dean at 5 star car audio in Clearwater for the fresh double din install

It was tight, but all 4 wheels fit in the car. Stopped and got some garbage bags to protect the interior.
Old 02-23-15, 01:39 PM
504SC
Rookie

My first fill up. Nothing but that Premium good stuff. Even on stock wheels she was breaking necks in Tallahassee
Old 02-23-15, 01:43 PM
504SC
Rookie

Rear Suspension setup.

Got the wheels on, took some trial and error in the rear due to the tire size. Kept rubbing on the pass rear. Love the easy adjustment on the Tein flexes.

My first wash and wax with her. Damn she cleaned up nice.

One more.....
Old 02-23-15, 01:49 PM
504SC
Rookie

Totally forgot to mention another huge highlight of the car....Mark kept a binder of all the service records and receipts for parts. Even have a receipt for the tint done! That was definitely a huge selling part for me. I will be keeping it up as well.

Old 02-23-15, 02:25 PM
mak89
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad it fell into the right hands, car was solid, spent +100 hrs on interior, happy you can take it to the next phase. The wheels looking amazing.

Old 02-23-15, 02:54 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

It does pay off to take care of the SC.

I am glad it went to a new owner, who will pay the SC the respect it deserves.
Old 02-23-15, 02:58 PM
504SC
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
It does pay off to take care of the SC.

I am glad it went to a new owner, who will pay the SC the respect it deserves.
Thanks man!
Old 02-23-15, 07:46 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

That looks clean as hell!!! Theres actually an SC that looks exactly like yours here in Cali.
Old 02-23-15, 07:54 PM
504SC
Rookie

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
That looks clean as hell!!! Theres actually an SC that looks exactly like yours here in Cali.
Thanks man, They have another one close to me as well that is pretty similar. I will have to set myself apart from them.
Old 02-24-15, 06:21 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

looks great. Love everything about it.
Old 02-24-15, 08:36 AM
504SC
Rookie

Thanks man
Old 02-24-15, 11:42 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats on your pickup...double din, wheels all in one trip-that's how you do it! Nice!
Old 02-26-15, 08:44 AM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice pickup, looking forward to watching this build go down.
Feel free to PM me about anything you have questions, as I have almost every bolt-on possible for 98+ 1UZ's and the car is a beast. I had the luxury of the previous owner doing a lot of the work ("bcsc400"), so check out some of his old threads if you want some details on the amazing exhaust my car has.

..few things I would reccomend for your car are the eBay BFI, 3.76 LSD (if you can get your hands on one), and PPE headers mated to a custome exhuast (again, bcsc400's threads have a lot of detail about this). With these mods this SC feels twice as fast as my previous '99 400 that was stock.

Finally, since it looks like I'm going to be keeping my car (no interest in it), I'll likely be doing an R154 swap at some point as well. I'd be interested in knowing how that works out for you if you decide to go that route. I'll be favouriting this thread. Good luck!
Old 02-26-15, 09:09 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Woooow even came with a book well done seller

Quick Reply: Projekt 400 Degreez ( 99 sc400 )