Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

-Black and Clean/The 4th Revision-

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-14, 12:43 PM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default -Black and Clean/The 4th Revision-

Hey Guys It's been a while, figured I'd update again.

Well After having two Jade cars in a row (Base jade 300/Loaded Jade 400) I finally got a black one that is really nice, More miles than my 92k car I had last, but much nicer!

This is the only picture I have of it now.

#1The plan is to go back to My DIY roots.

Fabrication will make up this build, and I'm going to show you guys exactly how I'm doing it step by step

Doing things in an OEM fashion proves to be fairly costly even when you are resourceful. (2jzgte head and sensors, Soarer TRD LSD, Supra Auto Shifter, Supra TT Fuel pump, etc)

The first order of business will be to get the car running stock, locating any rust or problem areas and attack them first.

If your bushings are shot and ball-joints are loose, there is no point in making the car go any faster, period.

Then, these very common areas of concern will be addressed firstly.

#2Every new SC owner should do these things:

-Front suspension rebuild. (Bushings, bearings, and ball-joints)

-Window regulators. Fix them one way or another. Replacement possibly.

-Windshield Seals/Door seals. Leaks or noise at best, rust at worst.

-Tuneup including fuel filter, and plugs. O-rings and seals.

#3Street Modifications.

-JZS147 2jzGTE ECU

-2ZZ Toyota Smart Coil COP Conversion

-AEM FI/C & AEM UEGO Wideband O2

-Russian Cartester 8000 Datalogger

-Fuel system Upgrade

-Aluminum coolers (Radiator/Trans cooler)

-2jzgte FFIM Conversion

-Turbo

-Exhaust

Stay tuned!
Old 04-15-14, 03:21 PM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Build part 1

Hey guys! It's been awhile. Now that I have a laptop, I can stop being a "Smart" phone poster.

I'm doing a street oriented progressive build. So for now I can asses what parts I currently have to utilize, and what needs to be done to the car in general.

General Impression
I started the car shortly after receiving it. With every upper O-ring, and seal leaking like crazy, the wires were flooded with oil in the spark plug valley. It didn't run that well, so I assesed a tuneup needed to be done.

Instead of that I decided to go with the world famous, Ali SC3 2jzgte ECU modification, since $70 on a tuneup is dumb, when I have a row of coilpacks and a gte computer!

Ali SC3 ECU Modification

I used:
-JZS147 ECU
-AEM FIC 6
-AEM Wideband
-2zz Coil Packs
-Stock 330cc Hi impedance Injectors
-USDM 2jzgte Upper Forward Facing Intake Manifold
-USDM 2jzgte Throttle and TPS

2jzgte ECU Conversion Configured for Natural Aspiration

The 2jzgte Intake manifold fit pretty well with small modification on the ge lower, and certainly good enough for N/A

Since I have the AEM FIC, the stock injectors can be scaled for N/A use making their removal unnecessary.

I deleted TRAC, depinned a few of the smaller wires that will pin into the ECU plug for the coils.
Also I used the thick solid color stepper motor wires to trigger the coils, thus only requiring simple soldering, and repinning, all while leaving the OEM harness uncut, but already run and weather sealed from the factory as well. Double bonus!

The Stock power steering res is not baffled, and is easily shortened to fit under the GTE FFIM, without buying the Toyota piece or another res. Bonus City!

With the Stepper wires located under the harness covers, I intercepted them and built a coil pack harness. The 2zz Coils were had 8 for $50 with the pigtails at a local pick a pull yard.

I have no IACV so I took the one out of the GE Throttle and plugged the hole in the intake. It won't work, but it plugs the gaping hole, and allows me to set the idle static which I have done before in Maine winters, and it doesn't bother me.

Next is the MAP sensor wiring which I use the old MAF housing so you can plug both the MAP and IAT in one neat factory plug.

Last edited by spoolxexo; 04-15-14 at 03:47 PM.
Old 04-15-14, 10:59 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

subscribed, this looks like a cool rebuild. most of the time it's perfect condition cars that get pimped out but this is somewhere in the area of what my SC400 is in. trying to get it running like new and then build from that.
Old 04-16-14, 05:13 AM
QWIKSTRIKE
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What mod did you do to get that intake to work. It doesn't look touched from these angles.
Old 04-16-14, 08:28 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by oldManTan
subscribed, this looks like a cool rebuild. most of the time it's perfect condition cars that get pimped out but this is somewhere in the area of what my SC400 is in. trying to get it running like new and then build from that.
Thanks. Yeah too much excess usually. I'm doing more a TRD OEM style.

Originally Posted by QWIKSTRIKE
What mod did you do to get that intake to work. It doesn't look touched from these angles.
Honestly? Just a little slotting of the outer stud holes of the GTE intake. Just make sure you use the lower bolts that already line up on the GE lower as a guide. This mod only allows 5 out of the 7 bolts to be fastened, but It's good for light duty boosted setups. I am also stacking the GE and GTE Intake gaskets to cover as much flange surface area as possible.
Old 04-16-14, 09:08 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Interested setup....Hit those valve covers with some paint
Old 04-16-14, 09:16 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

You gotta build before you paint!
Old 04-16-14, 09:41 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

looks like its coming along pretty well. good to see you making use of the mod again with the 2ZZ coils, that should be fun.
Old 04-16-14, 10:00 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks man, couldn't have done it without ya. Hopefully I can get it to standard function today by finishing up the MAP wiring.
Old 04-21-14, 12:03 PM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Very basic, rough first start with a leak on the intake like last time. I will fix this and some other things this week to make it idle and run nice.

Old 04-21-14, 06:57 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I am subscribed. I want to see and read all the details down to the bolts.

Next time don't stay gone so long.
Old 04-22-14, 12:01 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm still perplexed by the GTE FFIM bolting to the GE lower. I thought the bolts didn't line up at all and it required some major work. Did you take any photos of the GE lower right next to the GTE upper? Maybe a close up shot of the two slightly cracked or barely opened to see the hole alignment. If I knew this, I wouldn't have bought a used $400 GE aftermarket FFIM made from thin aluminum and no vac ports.
Old 06-23-14, 09:11 PM
babowc
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any updates on this? Interested to see the FFIM mating.. Are you seeing any leaks from the intake?
Old 06-24-14, 03:46 PM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Oh yeah totally leaking. I am using this intake to mock for now the wiring mods to install my built gte thats about to go into this thing in a while. It sucks for GE, it should only be used for instance my intended purpose and not to run it bolted and misaligned like I am. **** will go lean and you'll say "spoolxexo is a bleepy bleep bleep" when in fact, I am the man and I do not blow up engines.
Old 06-24-14, 03:54 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lol ^^ Interesting build Ive always wondered about running a ffim while na

Quick Reply: -Black and Clean/The 4th Revision-