Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Fanatic's '95 Sc400

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-14, 11:08 AM
Fanatic95
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fanatic's '95 Sc400

Hello everyone. I recently acquired a '95 Sc400. Nothing special about it... yet. It's mostly stock other than rims and an intake. I got it in a trade for my '75 Toyota Hilux. I'm a old school Toyota guy, so playing with something over a '89 is new territory for me. I currently have a '82 Toyota truck, and a few old school Supras. This car is missing a bit of interior, and is having some transmission trouble. Sometimes it goes into gear, sometimes it takes forever for it to, sometimes not at all. Took it out last night, and it slipped and wouldn't go back into gear. Luckily it was a downhill coast back home. The shifter is currently hung in park, and will not move. I just bought one and it's on its way. Anyway, this will be more of a resto-mod thread. Just planning some beefier rims, maybe a little drop, power adders, we'll see.

Thanks again for having me!

-Cody
Old 02-02-14, 12:09 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

You are having difficulty changing gears because you have no shift **** installed. There is some plastic pin that's inside the shift **** that needs to be inserted into the shifter assembly for it to change gears, otherwise it will not move from N-D or get stuck on other gears aswell.

You can't even see this plastic pin because it's underneath the plastic button on the shifter that you push to change gears....it's actually a part of that button. But you need that to change through gears.
Old 02-02-14, 12:43 PM
Fanatic95
Driver School Candidate

Yeah I'm currently looking for a ****. It was changing into gears easily for quite a while now just pressing down on the button. I was going to change the entire shifter setup anyway, this one has a lot of slop in the bottom. I've found a few shifter ***** on ebay, but they're a little too pricey. I'm going to see if the local yard has any SCs this coming weekend.
Old 02-02-14, 01:40 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow..why did some neglect that SC so bad.....

Cant wait to see you bring it back from the grave
Old 02-02-14, 02:46 PM
Fanatic95
Driver School Candidate

Yeah it's definitely a victim of abuse. I have no idea why that much interior was removed. I think the best thing about it is the engine, I couldn't expect a better running engine from a car in such shape. I definitely plan to bring her back though. I'm going to search for a possibly wrecked SC to use for parts. Wouldn't mind finding one with good (Or atleast complete) interior.

I know for sure I'll be needing both door panels, all trunk panels/carpet, and most of the console. I also hope that I can find new floor pan carpet for it. I'm sure it'll be needing a transmission too. 2 cluster needles aren't lighting up, and my climate control screen looks like it's displaying a game of Tetris or something. I have a friend who has a A340 trans, but it's from a 2jz. I don't know if the plugs are the same, but I'm guessing the bells would interchange. I have to find out if it'll work or not, and if so he's going to give it to me for the cause.
Old 02-03-14, 08:05 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow, you've definitely got some work ahead? But the beauty of it all, is you can bring her back from the dead!
Hey check out the classified threads, and the D.I.Y. section-this will save you some cash flow. Also, RGW LLC and Aliga are well known parts connections here, they might be able to hook you up with some parts? I see you're in GA? I think Gerrb is in GA as well...awesome dude, might have the parts you're looking for? GL, and welcome to CL.

steve
Old 02-03-14, 12:13 PM
Fanatic95
Driver School Candidate

Oh yeah, I definitely have my work cut out for me. It'll be worth it though, it took me 4 years of searching to find one. I don't mind the work, I just love the car. And thanks, I'll check those members for some parts.
Old 02-03-14, 04:48 PM
Fanatic95
Driver School Candidate

Found a local transmission for $250.00, I'm going to go get it this weekend hopefully. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPOcH...ature=youtu.be