Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

Martins Stanced IS250 DD build thread.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-18, 08:46 AM
Martin220d
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Martins Stanced IS250 DD build thread.

Thought i might start my build thread seeing as things are now starting to shape up..

First off bought a Saphire Black IS220d (2.2 Turbo diesel) a little over a year ago in black and had nice plans for that...

..."HAD"..

These things are great when they're going good and have a huge amount of torque, but when they start giving trouble its almost time
to give in.. So far I've kinda self-diagnosed a faulty 5th injector as it won't start without a can of "easy start".. or a can of "start ya bastard"
as I like to call it haha.

That said, it's been parked for a good few months so decided to say F*** You to it and bought a Blue onyx pearl V6 IS250.

I'd already purchased some super rare AME Shallen WXs in a nice f19x9+25 / r19x10+25 fitment that was going on the 220d' but since
I'll probably take that into Lexus and get a proper diagnostic machine run on it to see it's fault, repair and sell - I'll be building on my IS250.

Old 01-14-18, 08:53 AM
Martin220d
Rookie

I'd also purchased a Wald replica spoiler for the rear and a Wald replica front splitter for the front. Fitment isnt bad at all,
Anything can be pretty much made to fit perfect with a little shaving here and there and like alot of people who know how much
Wald products are, who the f*** can justify paying well over a grand for a bit of plastic, unless your names Mr Baller and are a brand-*****, that you'll never see your money back on.

(not my pic as i dont have any pics of my wald stuff yet so grabbed these from teh 'net) I'll upload mine tomorow.

Old 01-14-18, 09:00 AM
Martin220d
Rookie

SO I ordered some BC Racing Coilovers yesterday with a custom spring rate of 14/12k to help with spring travel as I plan on running the car quite low..
Also opted for their extra low option with the shorter shock body in-case I decide to be adventurous. (and if I did my math correctly, my wheel fitment should have the
lips lined up right with the body/fender) so may have to Roll and/or mess around with the inner liner to minimalize rubbing.. possible camber adjustment? I don't know
until everything's installed.

(image from bcracing.. as mine havnt arrived yet).

I figure those extra low kits drop car at max height -2" from stock, and another 3" if needed.. should sit on top of the tyre at max height which should be fine for daily use and have
slightly stretched tyres to tuck a little. (215/35/19 front and 235/35/19 rears).. Preload probably set to 3mm all around I think?

Old 01-14-18, 09:05 AM
Martin220d
Rookie

Picked up some JRacing titanium lug nuts in neo chrome..

Thinking of doing something with the exhaust setup as stock system does nothing for that V6 there.. (neither does the intake).
Tempted to go for a K&N Typhoon intake kit and maybe a resonator delete with custom twin rear boxes and maybe slightly larger in diameter than stock oval tips at the rear... May do the exhaust next week with a trip to a custom exhaust manufacturer a few hours drive away..

Will take a few more photos of the 250 as I have none on the new phone but its a 2006 with one previous owner, full lexus/toyota service history and only 74k miles IIRC.
Old 01-14-18, 01:55 PM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

Looks like a great start. It will be a fast , total transformation. keep up the great work.
The following users liked this post:
Martin220d (01-14-18)
Old 01-14-18, 02:26 PM
Martin220d
Rookie

Few snaps of the wald spoiler and front lip which needed a small bit of adjustment and lines up 99% now. Aint nobody here paying a grand for a bit of polyurethane id rather do the trimming and save $$$...

Old 01-20-18, 04:29 PM
Martin220d
Rookie

Box of goodies came yesterday in the name of K&N.

Wanted to free up that nice V6 sound so opted for this K&N Typhoon cold air intake system to replace that quite restricted stock airbox.
Not fitted yet probably do that tomorow. Maybe exhaust and resonator delete next week I think and have the coilovers fitted once they arrive and in for paint after that.

Looking at the Kaaz sport grill but jesus its crazy money!

Last edited by Martin220d; 01-20-18 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-21-18, 03:05 PM
Martin220d
Rookie

Fitted the K&N today and Ooh lordy, it does free up a really nice tone to the car.. i felt like a child at christmas and suddenly my right foot has gone that bit heavier.. Fuel computer/mpg seems to have gone to ****e to All in the name of "performance" though LoL!

Must resist temptation and not boot it everywhere..
Old 01-22-18, 11:24 PM
Bempa
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin220d
Fitted the K&N today and Ooh lordy, it does free up a really nice tone to the car.. i felt like a child at christmas and suddenly my right foot has gone that bit heavier.. Fuel computer/mpg seems to have gone to ****e to All in the name of "performance" though LoL!

Must resist temptation and not boot it everywhere..
Can´t ..... resist..... need to ... floor it
Old 01-25-18, 06:45 AM
Martin220d
Rookie

UPS delivery guy came yesterday evening around half 7 with my order. Left it late enough!
Custom ordered BC Racing coilovers with shortend shock body and springs with a rate of 14k front / 12k rear.

Few more things to arrive and will get everything done at once rather than bit by bit. Then in for paint.

Old 01-25-18, 10:39 AM
Allan1
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking

You could not start the diesel, self diagnosed something and just bought petrol IS?
What about taking the faulty car to dealer or any other repair shop first?

Last edited by Allan1; 01-25-18 at 10:44 AM.
Old 01-25-18, 12:09 PM
Martin220d
Rookie

Originally Posted by Allan1
You could not start the diesel, self diagnosed something and just bought petrol IS?
What about taking the faulty car to dealer or any other repair shop first?
It's going into Lexus shortly to get problem sorted and be sold on afterwards. Was kinda an excuse to get myself a petrol V6 anyway. Lexus' didn't do well on there first attempt at Diesel.
Next on the list is probably an ISF. Toyota man at heart!
Old 02-28-18, 04:23 PM
Martin220d
Rookie

In the Garage, coilovers on, not fully setup yet, preload set to 4mm, don't know the exact drop at the min as we just fit and will adjust at a later time when it goes in to get the arches done but at the minute it's undrivable off the lift

Test fit of the wheels also to see what give there is... "not much" but a pretty much perfect fitment.

Sorry about the bad quality pics. Dark, Cold...err freezing garage environment Lol.

Back in garage tomorow to do a few adjustments with arch liner, metal bumper tab removal/relocate/cut down whatever is needed and wheels off until it goes up to Limerick to get the arches done and in for paint within a couple of weeks.
The following users liked this post:
DdotSdot (04-30-21)
Old 03-03-18, 03:50 AM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

Looks killer. Definitely post up some pics outside when its done.
Old 03-03-18, 05:09 AM
Aspect
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 122 Posts

Wish the pics were better, but from what I see you've made some great progress!

Quick Reply: Martins Stanced IS250 DD build thread.