Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

atomic350 build thread

Old 02-03-14, 07:36 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by atomic350
Thanks man. I already hear couple of people complaining about how subtle the exhaust is. But IMO it suits the Lexus perfect. Not too loud not too quiet
If it's subtle then count me in.. though i love the sound of a good car, i can't be driving a modded car with a loud exhaust into a corporate building. you start getting stares like crazy and its not the kind where people are impressed by your car. as a 30 year old professional worker, loud and annoying exhausts are done and over with for me.
Old 02-03-14, 07:48 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

btw, nice pradas lol, i have the ps 56ms. love them like crazy..stepped out the car to have a cigarette one day, didn't want to be a douche standing next to a car with glasses and a cig, so i set the glasses down on my seat and figured, i'll see it when i open the door and will pick it up--another part of me said don't be an idiot just put it somewhere else, do it, do it now! nope, i'm an idiot, came in sat down realized what i did and my *** popped up like a popcorn exploding... bent the insides a little.. i was literally crying lol. now i just hope i can do a swop at the store without them finding out some how.
Old 02-03-14, 08:17 AM
atomic350
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
If it's subtle then count me in.. though i love the sound of a good car, i can't be driving a modded car with a loud exhaust into a corporate building. you start getting stares like crazy and its not the kind where people are impressed by your car. as a 30 year old professional worker, loud and annoying exhausts are done and over with for me.
Yea as a working 30 year old professional myself too i think im over the loud exhaust unless i truly have a fast car. I love my lexus for being lexus. I really enjoy the sound of exhaust like Meisterschaft from GTHaus but seeing that one video of GS350 (all loud and going nowhere fast)turned me down. just my .02

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
btw, nice pradas lol, i have the ps 56ms. love them like crazy..stepped out the car to have a cigarette one day, didn't want to be a douche standing next to a car with glasses and a cig, so i set the glasses down on my seat and figured, i'll see it when i open the door and will pick it up--another part of me said don't be an idiot just put it somewhere else, do it, do it now! nope, i'm an idiot, came in sat down realized what i did and my *** popped up like a popcorn exploding... bent the insides a little.. i was literally crying lol. now i just hope i can do a swop at the store without them finding out some how.
Hahaha at first i didnt know which picture you were referring to. but man that sucks what happened to your shades and i know that feeling!
Old 02-03-14, 08:43 AM
Whteknight
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds great! Where in VA are you located? I would love to hear it in person.
Old 02-03-14, 09:20 AM
atomic350
Driver

Another high qaulity video of the f-sport exhaust i put on this past week.

This is under full acceleration. I did few runs so you guys can check it out.

Old 02-03-14, 09:20 AM
atomic350
Driver

Originally Posted by Whteknight
Sounds great! Where in VA are you located? I would love to hear it in person.
Check out my latest video. If you still want to hear it person shoot me a message. Im in NOVA
Old 02-03-14, 10:19 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yno0hIm688g
Sounds nice! Do you have intake also?
Old 02-03-14, 11:30 AM
Jaydemm
Pole Position

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yno0hIm688g
Exactly what i wanted to hear! This made up my mind on ordering it. thanks!
Old 02-03-14, 11:43 AM
Gonaddz88
Rookie

correct me if i'm wrong but, if you want louder can't we just wait for a mid-pipe to come out and install it later down the road?
Old 02-03-14, 12:41 PM
TheShaddix
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

That really sounds great! My only wish would be the exhaust didn't look so close to factory. I guess that's the idea behind it as not to stand out, but still. The tips should be a bit bigger. Also, I would personally paint the mufflers black so you don't see the chrome from behind, I did that on my old car and it looked really good, just the tips were visible.
Old 02-03-14, 01:39 PM
atomic350
Driver

Originally Posted by dojoman
Sounds nice! Do you have intake also?
Yes I have the Takeda air intake installed. But I'm thinking about removing it and going back to the stock intake with the 'sound generator.' I dont like the tin rattle noise it creates when the rpm reaches redline or so. Plus i want to hear more of the exhaust now lol

Originally Posted by Jaydemm
Exactly what i wanted to hear! This made up my mind on ordering it. thanks!
I'm glad the video helped make up your mind now hurry up and ge it!
Old 02-03-14, 01:43 PM
atomic350
Driver

Originally Posted by Gonaddz88
correct me if i'm wrong but, if you want louder can't we just wait for a mid-pipe to come out and install it later down the road?
Of course! Anything is possible. But with AWD models, theres that supply and demand issue so you might have to get one custom built.
Old 02-03-14, 04:23 PM
FyaIS350
Rookie

sounds good bro! now i dont know if i should get f-sport or joe z exhaust!!! argggg guess its a good problem to have tho! lol
Old 02-03-14, 09:01 PM
atomic350
Driver

Originally Posted by TheShaddix
That really sounds great! My only wish would be the exhaust didn't look so close to factory. I guess that's the idea behind it as not to stand out, but still. The tips should be a bit bigger. Also, I would personally paint the mufflers black so you don't see the chrome from behind, I did that on my old car and it looked really good, just the tips were visible.
Thanks! Hmm i don't think the mufflers look anything close to factory and why would you paint it black to hide this beautiful work of precision welding? Everyone has their preference i suppose. If you want to stand out, go with meisterschaft for sound or even aimgains twisted mufflers! (they look SICK)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hyper_sloth/12281250894/http://www.flickr.com/photos/hyper_sloth/12281250894/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/hyper_sloth/, on Flickr
Old 02-03-14, 09:03 PM
atomic350
Driver

Originally Posted by FyaIS350
sounds good bro! now i dont know if i should get f-sport or joe z exhaust!!! argggg guess its a good problem to have tho! lol
Hahaha good problems indeed. Thanks on the compliment

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: atomic350 build thread