Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Official 2GS Rocket Bunny style wide body build thread GS400

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-14, 06:52 PM
MIKE2JZGTE
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it looks like huge fender flares

it just lunges from the body of the car there is no form to it in my eyes its way to aggressive most wide body kits use the stock body and panels and just add on aka use factory lines and contours this just looks like a giant fender flare with some add reinforcement on the bottom to and from side skirt to much...(im not trying to harsh on your masterpiece its just my thought) I love they idea not my cup of tea though

but wheels are awesome and something I cant afford in my lifetime

wait r u planning on shaving some meat out for the rear door cause I cant see it opening

Last edited by MIKE2JZGTE; 03-17-14 at 06:54 PM. Reason: just saw the door
Old 03-17-14, 07:07 PM
tiger4life
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by MIKE2JZGTE
it looks like huge fender flares

it just lunges from the body of the car there is no form to it in my eyes its way to aggressive most wide body kits use the stock body and panels and just add on aka use factory lines and contours this just looks like a giant fender flare with some add reinforcement on the bottom to and from side skirt to much...(im not trying to harsh on your masterpiece its just my thought) I love they idea not my cup of tea though

but wheels are awesome and something I cant afford in my lifetime

wait r u planning on shaving some meat out for the rear door cause I cant see it opening
It's going to be very hard to integrate flares into the gs body and have it look right. There are only a couple widebody gs' I like. One was the platinum vip one with the 21x14 wheels and a member on here (garbage I think) has a nice widebody. Both of those are custom metal though ($$$$$) so not in my budget. I have the kit below but haven't installed yet. It tries to keep the stock lines. Not trying to discourage the OP though. I want to see it drift though.
Attached Thumbnails Official 2GS Rocket Bunny style wide body build thread GS400-photo-1_0.jpg  
Old 03-18-14, 07:36 AM
entryspeed
Lead Lap

No way will there ever be a purposeful drifting of this car ^^^^^^^ This is simply not the car for that if I wanted to do that which I have I would build another cheap a$$ 240 and go have a blast tearing it up this car is going to hug the turns, and was chosen to do simply because it had the v8 it was cheap and well most people just dont do it to 4 door cars, ALSO why in the hell would you go though adding over fenders as above ^^^^^^ just to retain stock body lines who is going to notice that if its for functionality of adding bigger wider tires for grip then yeah okay I get it other wise for the "wow" look at that that's different aspect of it why bother its a waste of money cause it looks like every other GS out there, again that's not for me, I want to be bold look different feel different and go fast around turns not slide sideways in this case (however fun that is I agree just not for this car). Let alone be able to say you cant buy this kit off ebay or off anyone's shelf because it doesn't exist that's why we are doing this simple as that. We thought about making the molds for reproduction but the body work and age of the car just doesn't make good business prospects so its one-off you cant get it unless you hand make it.

Northstyle you are right I thought I put that in a previous post that due to limited forward spacing on front fender we could not do a gradual flare such as the rocket bunny and liberty walk cars and went with more of a arch.

MIKE2J The doors open just fine now the rears have not been adjusted yet but the front doors open easily with no adjustments from how we mounted the flares.

We are ordering a second set of track wheels will be less "blingy" then the HREs. Although the concave look is being played to heavy right now I'm going to find a mixture of some lip and some concave rim face to fit the car with next.

As far as it not flowing yet to be expected (Not Painted) but keep in mind I'm not driving this for function on the street we widened the back stance of the car 7 inches and the front 6 inches for track grip, and I actually like the GTR/DTM bmw's from the mid late 90's so that's fine this is going to be a competitive car by any means it will how ever be extremely fun and will be less then 15k to build being a v8 6spd wide body lexus why not then!

Last edited by entryspeed; 03-18-14 at 08:49 AM.
Old 03-18-14, 10:27 AM
tiger4life
Instructor

Originally Posted by entryspeed
ALSO why in the hell would you go though adding over fenders as above ^^^^^^ just to retain stock body lines who is going to notice
I like the stock lines of the car. I don't care if anyone notices I have a widebody, I bought it because I like it not because I want to get noticed.

if its for functionality of adding bigger wider tires for grip then yeah okay I get it other wise for the "wow" look at that that's different aspect of it why bother its a waste of money cause it looks like every other GS out there
I'm running a 19X11 with some camber/stretch and can't clear my fender. I would rather run 19x13.5 with less camber/stretch and clear my fender.

It's not that serious man. Some people will like your car and some won't. Some people don't like my rear diffuser but I do. No need to get so defensive. Everyone doesn't mod there car to say "hey!hey! look over here... look at me!" Seems to be your goal, nothing wrong with that but I wasn't trying to attack your car. Like I said, I look forward to seeing it completed.
Old 03-18-14, 10:36 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

tiger . when is the reveal?
Old 03-18-14, 11:43 AM
tiger4life
Instructor

Originally Posted by tmf2004
tiger . when is the reveal?
No time soon unfortunately. I'm house shopping right now, so I can't see myself touching the kit until the end of the year maybe? The car modding is pretty much on hold right now.
Old 03-18-14, 06:15 PM
MIKE2JZGTE
Rookie

Originally Posted by tiger4life
It's going to be very hard to integrate flares into the gs body and have it look right. There are only a couple widebody gs' I like. One was the platinum vip one with the 21x14 wheels and a member on here (garbage I think) has a nice widebody. Both of those are custom metal though ($$$$$) so not in my budget. I have the kit below but haven't installed yet. It tries to keep the stock lines. Not trying to discourage the OP though. I want to see it drift though.
this right here is absolute sex

im trying to build my gs for a weekend drift car

so far its working out just the w58 doesnt like to be abused hahahaha

but if you want to be different it costs alot of monies and time to get threw the critics and failures

but more power to you cant wait to see the finished product
Old 03-18-14, 07:04 PM
entryspeed
Lead Lap

Tiger how come a 19x11 wont clear those over fenders are you referring to the rims pictured if so then I see the low offset is the reason who makes those that are on the car what are the spec's I could run those and I like that all four are the same very track worthy. I will say I have a lot of go-pros ready for this car and just maybe well most likely I will have a fun day sliding with the rear suspension on hard setting and so throw away tires but I seriously want that I'm on a rail feeling for this car My FD used to hug turns nicely and its time for that feeling again but with v8 torqe instead of the rev'y rotary.
Old 03-19-14, 12:50 AM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tiger how come a 19x11 wont clear those over fenders are you referring to the rims pictured if so then I see the low offset is the reason who makes those that are on the car what are the spec's I could run those and I like that all four are the same very track worthy. I will say I have a lot of go-pros ready for this car and just maybe well most likely I will have a fun day sliding with the rear suspension on hard setting and so throw away tires but I seriously want that I'm on a rail feeling for this car My FD used to hug turns nicely and its time for that feeling again but with v8 torqe instead of the rev'y rotary.
He was referring to his current setup where the 19x11 barely clears. For the Breed kit (the one posted above), you can fit some serious widths under those depending on what offset/tire size you want to run. As for the exact specs, you'd have to ask SerialNine as it's one of their cars but the wheels are Work M1R.
Old 03-19-14, 05:10 AM
tiger4life
Instructor

As the other poster said I was referencing my 19x11 (with 4.5 inch lips) not fitting the stock body exactly the way I want. I will run an 18 or 19x13.5 with the kit. I see you keep talking about grip. Fender flares are not necessary to achieve that. You could run a 295/35/18 r-comp in the rear on an 18x10.5 on a shaved fender and have all the grip you want, just need to pick the correct offset. But I know already, you want to be noticed. I'm just explaining to others that 6 or 7 inches of extra track width is not necessary to achieve grip.
Old 03-19-14, 08:53 AM
Mrmartin
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This looks like a sarona bumper with veilside widebody style 350z fenders cut to fit, correct?

Last edited by Mrmartin; 03-19-14 at 09:06 AM.
Old 03-19-14, 07:27 PM
SuperiorSC
Lexus Test Driver

^^^^^^^^^^

The kit is a win racing kit. Sorona is just a knockoff. Not sure what the OP is using.

Like tiger4life I will be going with the breed fenders on my gs which I just ordered but to each their own.

OP will you be using some type of sideskirt, rear bumper and wing? I think that would bring everything together a lot better. Keep up the great work! Can't wait to see the finished product

Last edited by SuperiorSC; 03-19-14 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-20-14, 09:48 AM
Mrmartin
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They're all knock offs now, and that bumper was originally called the "Black Widow". This kit was released 14-15 years ago right around the same time F&F came out. Now-a-days every body kit manufacturer makes this copy. After that the black widow 2, then was the release of the BW2 widebody for the CRX. Who all is old enough to remember that!?

For those who don't...
Throwback Thursday!

Old 03-20-14, 03:13 PM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Mrmartin
They're all knock offs now, and that bumper was originally called the "Black Widow". This kit was released 14-15 years ago right around the same time F&F came out. Now-a-days every body kit manufacturer makes this copy. After that the black widow 2, then was the release of the BW2 widebody for the CRX. Who all is old enough to remember that!?

For those who don't...
Throwback Thursday!

LOL!! Black Widow, Blitz (and not the JDM company)... hell, who remembers Wings West bodykits?? Throw backs for real...

My bad OP, back on topic...
Old 03-20-14, 07:27 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

I remember Wings West lol.

Quick Reply: Official 2GS Rocket Bunny style wide body build thread GS400