Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

Been a while... Back in the 2GS game...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-14, 11:38 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by SADDLE
I've got a black chrome "L" that I'm going to put on the deck lid after I have the spoiler holes filled and then get it re-sprayed.
did u get quoted to repaint the trunk lid?
Old 01-12-14, 07:31 AM
SADDLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tmf2004
did u get quoted to repaint the trunk lid?
Not yet. Need to get my PDR guy to come over and address some issues. Going to also have them quote me on front & rear bumpers and the hood.
Old 01-14-14, 07:21 PM
SADDLE
Lexus Test Driver

We have finally had some decent weather here in the Midwest so I got a chance to get the car cleaned up. I had my tint guy over this past weekend and he stripped the old purple tint and put on new 20% all around.

I'm trying to figure out what to do next... I have the stock 16" wheels with snow tires installed now... I'm growing very tired of them though... I found a set of 18" g35 wheels for sale locally for $600 and they allegedly have new tires installed. These are tempting... However, I really want to get a set of the 19" rays g35 wheels and have them powdercoated matte gunmetal. I just can't find a set for sale locally...

Suspension wise I'm debating between tanabe DF springs or a set of the cheaper coilovers. I'm trying to work within a budget on this build. It'd be easy to just get a set of Tien CS and some nice Work wheels, but then I've got more into the suspension & wheels than the cost of the car itself and I just can't justify that.

Last edited by SADDLE; 01-14-14 at 07:44 PM.
Old 01-15-14, 01:42 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Here are a few suggestions for mods on a budget

TTE REP
DF springs
paint calipers
LED interior lights
clear side markers
exhaust tips. found some in classifieds
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/2ge...ps-80-obo.html
19'' G35 wheels- plasti dipped or powdercoated your color choice.

maybe those ideas will help
Old 01-15-14, 07:57 AM
SADDLE
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Here are a few suggestions for mods on a budget

TTE REP
DF springs
paint calipers
LED interior lights
clear side markers
exhaust tips. found some in classifieds
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/2ge...ps-80-obo.html
19'' G35 wheels- plasti dipped or powdercoated your color choice.

maybe those ideas will help
I appreciate the ideas. All of them seem do-able. I just checked earlier today and saw that the local pick and pull has a 96 LS400 in the lot. I'm going to go by there and see if I can pull the calipers off that car and do the LS400 BBK (I need new rotors anyways).

I'm definitely going to do the LED interior lights and license plate lights. I'm also planning on wrapping the interior wood pieces with the 3m dinoc "carbon fiber". I'll probably call it good on the interior after that, unless I can find a good deal on a double din h/u.

I found a member selling a set of DF springs, so I'm hoping to work something out for those.

I'm still going to hold out for a set of the 19" rays wheels. I know I wouldnt be satisfied if I went with the 18"s that just came for sale locally.
Old 01-15-14, 12:43 PM
egs21
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saddle, please post some pics after you wrap the interior wood with the 3M stuff. I'm really interested in doing that and am curious as to the difficulty and results. Thanks!
Old 01-15-14, 01:17 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quite a journey you took. Welcome back. The new GS is coming along nicely. Props to you for your junkyard haul. Quite a steal.
Old 01-15-14, 02:47 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Dam what a resume!!! I would've kept the blue Cobra... That engine pic looked SCARY (Cobra)!!!! That first SD GS300 was GORGEOUS... How can you give up that sexy interior man...???? ... Any how, WELCOME BACK TO CL!!! Post pics of anything you do new to that badboy. Great pickup btw man. Loving the color with the rims on that badboy!!
Old 01-18-14, 04:12 PM
SADDLE
Lexus Test Driver

I worked on the car a bit today. I set out with the intentions of replacing all 4 door locks. I got zero of them done... I purchased the wrong mabuchi motors off of eBay. I got a set of them with the coupler already attached thinking that this would save me a step, but it didn't and they're essentially useless. So I just re-ordered 4 more without the couplers... While I had the driver's door off I decided to remove the "wood" trim piece and wrap it in some CF overlay that I found at Advanced Auto Parts. I've never wrapped anything before so there was a bit of a learning curve. I expect the other 3 doors to come out better. I'm leaving the center console until last...

Tomorrow I'm going to go buy the 18" g35 wheels that are for sale. I went today to the pick and pull to get a set of calipers off a '96 LS400 that they had listed on their site, but they had already been taken.

Will have some more photos of progress tomorrow.
Old 01-18-14, 05:03 PM
SureShot
Rookie

Originally Posted by aneidiaz
Dam what a resume!!! I would've kept the blue Cobra... That engine pic looked SCARY (Cobra)!!!! That first SD GS300 was GORGEOUS... How can you give up that sexy interior man...???? ... Any how, WELCOME BACK TO CL!!! Post pics of anything you do new to that badboy. Great pickup btw man. Loving the color with the rims on that badboy!!
yes, his first SD is gorgeous (its mine, now).
Old 01-18-14, 06:57 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

the CF wrap flows well with the black interior
Old 01-18-14, 07:01 PM
SADDLE
Lexus Test Driver

Just purchased the SD headlights that recently came up for sale in the classifieds... Can't wait to get them... Now I just have to figure out how to get them to sync up with my non HID headlights...
Old 01-19-14, 05:54 AM
SureShot
Rookie

Originally Posted by SADDLE
Just purchased the SD headlights that recently came up for sale in the classifieds... Can't wait to get them... Now I just have to figure out how to get them to sync up with my non HID headlights...
all you need are adapter harnesses. i did this conversion on a 2001 2GS. easy and straight forward. you won't have the leveling system, though
Old 01-19-14, 07:36 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by SureShot

yes, his first SD is gorgeous (its mine, now).
Great pickup then man!!!! Take care of that SD. I can't express how much I love that peanut butter interior. Wish my 430 had that interior.
Old 01-19-14, 02:22 PM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by SureShot
all you need are adapter harnesses. i did this conversion on a 2001 2GS. easy and straight forward. you won't have the leveling system, though
Do you have any pics of this?

Quick Reply: Been a while... Back in the 2GS game...