Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

RayG IS350 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-13, 10:50 AM
07awdis250
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you , when you install the coils and drop it that thing will look dope .
Old 12-30-13, 02:36 PM
SGIS14
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any update on suspension ?
Old 12-31-13, 08:49 AM
RayG
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default suspension is here !!!!!!

Update: just received my j5 suspension finally !! will be installing over the weekend =)))
Attached Thumbnails RayG IS350 Build Thread-j5-coil-overs-.jpg  
Old 12-31-13, 09:13 AM
jaznraz
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RayG
Update: just received my j5 suspension finally !! will be installing over the weekend =)))
Woohoo.....I've been waiting to see how your 19's fit at the lowered ride height. Any chance you could give us a measurement for the amount of drop when it's all said and done? I'm planning a similar setup and you are my guinea pig.

What are your thoughts about the Falken's? I can't find a good review for them - sure wish Tire Rack carried them since their reviews and surveys are super helpful.

Your 265's don't appear to be stretched at all on your 10.5's (from what I can tell from the current pics). I'm surprised, but happy, because I hate the look of stretched tires.
Old 12-31-13, 09:47 AM
RayG
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jaznraz
Woohoo.....I've been waiting to see how your 19's fit at the lowered ride height. Any chance you could give us a measurement for the amount of drop when it's all said and done? I'm planning a similar setup and you are my guinea pig.

What are your thoughts about the Falken's? I can't find a good review for them - sure wish Tire Rack carried them since their reviews and surveys are super helpful.

Your 265's don't appear to be stretched at all on your 10.5's (from what I can tell from the current pics). I'm surprised, but happy, because I hate the look of stretched tires.
haha thanks man. Yea this set up i didn't want to do stretch either. depends brand of tire these falkens don't strech which is good . the ride is very nice much quieter than my stocks . i also think the offsets are perfect seen people here buying lower offsets. i don't want to pull the rear fender out at all so i am happy can't wait to install , and i will measure form the floor to fender before and after
Old 01-09-14, 01:28 PM
RayG
Pole Position

UPDATE: weekend was a bit crazy but installing tonight cant wait here are some pics of the coils close up. will post pics tonight after install =)
Attached Thumbnails RayG IS350 Build Thread-1photo.jpg   RayG IS350 Build Thread-2photo.jpg  
Old 01-09-14, 02:49 PM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait to see these on bro
Old 01-10-14, 07:18 AM
RayG
Pole Position

Need a few adjustments, however no rubbing and no fender rolling drive PERFECT.
More pictures coming soon.
Attached Thumbnails RayG IS350 Build Thread-1-3is.jpg   RayG IS350 Build Thread-2-3is.jpg  
Old 01-10-14, 07:34 AM
jaznraz
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks great and even better.....no rubbing and not much stretch on the tires. I think 19's are by far the best option for the 3is.

Any idea yet on how much you dropped it? Did you do any camber adjustment in the rear?

Last edited by jaznraz; 01-10-14 at 07:44 AM.
Old 01-10-14, 08:11 AM
RayG
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jaznraz
Looks great and even better.....no rubbing and not much stretch on the tires. I think 19's are by far the best option for the 3is.

Any idea yet on how much you dropped it? Did you do any camber adjustment in the rear?
no camber adjustment yet going to align it monday
Old 01-10-14, 12:16 PM
TheShaddix
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The wheels look really good! I like how they match the color of the car. If it were me, I'd raise the rear about half or a quarter of an inch and add 10mm spacers all around. I think generally cars tend to look more aggressive when they have a raked setup (rear a bit higher than front). Depends on what you're going for of course. Also, and I could be wrong, but the car gets more downforce too when it's slanted. And another detail, when you sit in the car, the rear is always softer so it actually rides even lower than normal which makes it look like the car is squatting, especially when accelerating. Just my opinion though, the car already looks great as is.

Last edited by TheShaddix; 01-10-14 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-10-14, 12:56 PM
Paul@howeyindustries.com
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RayG
Need a few adjustments, however no rubbing and no fender rolling drive PERFECT.
More pictures coming soon.

Looks amazing!!! 19's are definitely the way to go on the IS350
Old 01-10-14, 03:40 PM
RayG
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TheShaddix
The wheels look really good! I like how they match the color of the car. If it were me, I'd raise the rear about half or a quarter of an inch and add 10mm spacers all around. I think generally cars tend to look more aggressive when they have a raked setup (rear a bit higher than front). Depends on what you're going for of course. Also, and I could be wrong, but the car gets more downforce too when it's slanted. And another detail, when you sit in the car, the rear is always softer so it actually rides even lower than normal which makes it look like the car is squatting, especially when accelerating. Just my opinion though, the car already looks great as is.
thanks man yea i get you, I'm adjusting height still and stiffness front started rubbing a bit on big dip but just the inner plastic car is pretty low and these falken run pretty fat
Old 01-10-14, 03:58 PM
TheShaddix
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

What I did on mine for the front was: I removed the liner clips on top (2 on each side), also cut the liner near the front where it rubbed, bent/rolled straight edges in areas where they aren't rolled (one of the wheels actually caught it and bent the fender a bit), and I tucked the liner on the inside of the fender vs. it sitting on it with the clips like before, and flattened the fender inner lip edge even more so it acts as a clip for the liner. That fixed all the rubbing for the front! Now i have to deal with the rear...But not till i get new wheels
Old 01-10-14, 04:52 PM
crazych42
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Very nice!

Quick Reply: RayG IS350 Build Thread