tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

spot on with that drop and fender / wheel flush ness
Old 08-17-14, 10:43 AM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome build! Car looks pretty damn nice. Quick question on the rolling/pulling of the fenders. Did you completely roll the lip flat before the pull? I know the lips are pretty thick and hard.

Last edited by soarer13oy; 08-17-14 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-17-14, 10:51 AM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Great color..... First "wrap job" I have seen that looks so appropriate with all of your choices.... Too bad your ride is stuck on an island and few of us will ever see it in real life.... You'd be a real crowd gatherer if could get the car to Cali and to all of the meets....

Keep the pics coming so we can all admire your work.....
Old 08-17-14, 11:03 AM
impact
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by soarer13oy
Awesome build! Car looks pretty damn nice. Quick question on the rolling/pulling of the fenders. Did you completely roll the lip flat before the pull? I know the lips are pretty thick and hard.
Yup roll the lips flat first then start the pull. Make sure you clean out the inside of the lip and get all the dirt and little rocks out. Also pull out the plastic inserts that the fender liner screws into
Old 08-17-14, 11:05 AM
impact
Driver

Thanks for all the kind words guys. It's still a work in progress but it's getting there. The interior should be a good one when its finished
Old 08-17-14, 01:50 PM
jimmymac30
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts

this car is gorgeous. I was never a big fan of wraps until now... if my paint wasn't so nice, i would consider this! GREAT JOB
Old 08-18-14, 12:14 AM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

great pics. beautiful car
Old 08-20-14, 11:50 AM
biturbo632
Pole Position

Awesome build man! I never saw a wrap done with the interiors of doors and fenders! Epic job! Look really nice!
Old 08-20-14, 01:23 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

great looking car, can you PM me tips on how you installed the tablet? i really wanna stick a nexus 7 in mine
Old 08-20-14, 11:03 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Impact....great work so far with this build. I am highly interested in the results of your tablet install in the interior once it is all finished. Would you be interested in making a few more of those custom trim kits? If you look in my signature I already have a carputer in my SC, but I am looking to eventually upgrade to running some kind of tablet in the stock radio location such as a iPad mini since the technology is so good now in these tablets. I would definitely be a buyer and use it when I am ready to re do my audio some time in the near future. Definitely let me know.
Old 08-21-14, 03:17 AM
daSC4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Love everything about the exterior and that screen looks super clean. Nice wheel choice too
Old 08-21-14, 09:26 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
Impact....great work so far with this build. I am highly interested in the results of your tablet install in the interior once it is all finished. Would you be interested in making a few more of those custom trim kits? If you look in my signature I already have a carputer in my SC, but I am looking to eventually upgrade to running some kind of tablet in the stock radio location such as a iPad mini since the technology is so good now in these tablets. I would definitely be a buyer and use it when I am ready to re do my audio some time in the near future. Definitely let me know.
reconsider the ipad mini, check out android tablets, they cost almost nothing and have processors with double if not triple the power.

for example nexus 7, made by almost any company, i'll be trying to get an ASUS which is 170 on amazon. and ipad mini is 400?! also android is much easier to root so you could run multiple operating systems, and customize the entire thing for just your car. i'm pretty sure there's even themes for android that are dedicated for car use.
Old 09-01-14, 06:24 PM
PR0PH37
Rookie

Originally Posted by impact
I actually just ditched the stock mufflers and had a friend of mine make new piping to replace them. Bought some pretty long tips and just went mufflerless
how does it sound? I have a friend running with no mufflers on his Mustang and it makes everybody cringe! Do you have a video clip of the sound?
Old 09-03-14, 02:12 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by oldManTan
reconsider the ipad mini, check out android tablets, they cost almost nothing and have processors with double if not triple the power.

for example nexus 7, made by almost any company, i'll be trying to get an ASUS which is 170 on amazon. and ipad mini is 400?! also android is much easier to root so you could run multiple operating systems, and customize the entire thing for just your car. i'm pretty sure there's even themes for android that are dedicated for car use.
I like your thinking oldManTan I will definitely look into Android tablets for my next infotainment system in the SC. It will be awhile from now but I definitely think it is the way to go on these older cars these days then running a traditional carputer setup.
Old 09-09-14, 01:21 AM
impact
Driver

Originally Posted by PR0PH37
how does it sound? I have a friend running with no mufflers on his Mustang and it makes everybody cringe! Do you have a video clip of the sound?
I really like it. It's not super loud and has a really nice tone. I still have the stock cats and resonator on . I haven't taken any vids of the car yet. The 2j is just an all around really nice sounding motor

Quick Reply: SC stance/ show build