Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS430 owner vehicles

nDrew's '04 LS430 Progress Thread

Old 11-27-13, 07:22 AM
nDrew
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bmore430
Never would have pictured those wheels on an LS but they look sick! I love it. Nice progress. I ordered those same jp neck pads and awaiting arrival. Let me know how they feel as I've heard they are hard as a rock so I may just order the luxury abstract ones instead
A lot of people on my IG were telling me how I should have went Vip Modular, Avant Garde, blah blah blah! I'm not the norm and I tend to just do my own style. I love a lot of the "vip" wheels with the deep dish and crazy offsets but it's just expected to do that to an LS430. I just wanted a sporty and classy look.

As far as the neck pillows go they are hard as a rock . I'm still trying to figure out the best position as they fit awkwardly under my neck and I'm not even that tall. Ive repositioned it a few times and can't get the perfect fit. Might just be more for looks. I did see on eBay awhile back some suede ones that were memory foam... that probably would have been a better choice. I got suckered into brand loyalty.
Old 11-27-13, 08:17 AM
ultm8mind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Are you in the military? Just curious.
Old 11-27-13, 08:48 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts

I love the way the Volks look on the LS. There was another guy who ran the same wheels on his LS and it really gives the car a sporty look.

My Junction Produce neck pillows are hard as a rock too. They're so uncomfortable.
Old 11-27-13, 09:18 AM
bmore430
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just cancelled my order for the junction neck pads lol thanks for the honest answers guys. Gonna order the lux abstract ones instead like I should have done first
Old 11-27-13, 10:10 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Just cancelled my order for the junction neck pads lol thanks for the honest answers guys. Gonna order the lux abstract ones instead like I should have done first
That's a good call you made. The neck pads are terrible.
Old 11-27-13, 03:07 PM
nDrew
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ultm8mind
Are you in the military? Just curious.
I am not. I'm just a realtor in Atlanta.
Old 11-27-13, 03:08 PM
nDrew
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kira X
I love the way the Volks look on the LS. There was another guy who ran the same wheels on his LS and it really gives the car a sporty look. My Junction Produce neck pillows are hard as a rock too. They're so uncomfortable.
I've seen a couple online and a couple with Varrstoens. I've always felt the TEs would look good on any car. It's probably my favorite wheel of all time. I never thought I would own a set.
Old 11-27-13, 03:09 PM
nDrew
Pole Position

Good call. I honestly should have asked around. I think unless you're a certain height and fit in the seat a certain way regardless of what brand the neck pillows are awkward lol.
Old 11-27-13, 03:40 PM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

You are paying top dollar for the letters J & P being sewn into cheap leather. Even from the pictures they don't look comfortable. I'm also in Atlanta nDrew. We should meet up one of these days.

Last edited by Lavrishevo; 11-27-13 at 04:09 PM.
Old 11-27-13, 06:56 PM
SQuester
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JP pillows are synthetic leather, vinyl.

And they are absolutely awkward unless you're a good height, and sit a certain way. They happen to fit me nicely, and I can tell you that they do soften up over time. The back seat is a whole other issue, I don't know if anyone can sit with them comfortably, the seat backs are too upright. The pads are very large.

I was thinking of substituting memory foam into mine to make them even softer.
Old 11-27-13, 07:18 PM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

Yeah, too bad they did not design the JP to be more like this:

Amazon.com - Car Neck Pillow (Soft Version)- Neck Pillow; Car Pillow; Memory Foam Neck Pillow; Neck Rest Pillow; Car Neck Pillow (Color: Black) - Travel Pillows Amazon.com - Car Neck Pillow (Soft Version)- Neck Pillow; Car Pillow; Memory Foam Neck Pillow; Neck Rest Pillow; Car Neck Pillow (Color: Black) - Travel Pillows

Or this one

Fleece Car Neck Support Pillow, 18 in., With Headrest Strap : Amazon.com : Automotive Fleece Car Neck Support Pillow, 18 in., With Headrest Strap : Amazon.com : Automotive

Last edited by Lavrishevo; 11-27-13 at 07:25 PM.
Old 11-28-13, 11:26 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by nDrew
I've seen a couple online and a couple with Varrstoens. I've always felt the TEs would look good on any car. It's probably my favorite wheel of all time. I never thought I would own a set.
The TE's really do look good on any car. I wish they weren't so expensive otherwise I would get a set for my SC300.

Originally Posted by nDrew
Good call. I honestly should have asked around. I think unless you're a certain height and fit in the seat a certain way regardless of what brand the neck pillows are awkward lol.
They do seem really awkward, especially if you try them in the back seat.

Originally Posted by Lavrishevo
You are paying top dollar for the letters J & P being sewn into cheap leather. Even from the pictures they don't look comfortable. I'm also in Atlanta nDrew. We should meet up one of these days.
That pretty much sums up Junction Produce. I've got some pillows too and I wasn't too impressed by them either. It's like cheap eBay crap with a nice logo on it and a massive price tag.
Old 11-28-13, 01:20 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks good so far!

Did the LEDs come as a kit or did u have to order individually?
Old 11-28-13, 08:59 PM
nDrew
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lavrishevo
Will you be at Caffeine and Octane next week? I will be there if you want to link up. Shoot me a PM with your contact and I'll make sure I hit you up when I'm out and about at meets and stuff. I'm always lookin forward to meeting other ClubLexus Members.
Old 11-28-13, 09:05 PM
nDrew
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kira X
The TE's really do look good on any car. I wish they weren't so expensive otherwise I would get a set for my SC300.

They do seem really awkward, especially if you try them in the back seat.

That pretty much sums up Junction Produce. I've got some pillows too and I wasn't too impressed by them either. It's like cheap eBay crap with a nice logo on it and a massive price tag.
I got a really really really good price on the TEs...

Regarding the JP neck pillows L-Tuned had them for $25 a piece which is right around what non-name brand ones go for. Who knows maybe i'll put weights on top to flatten them out or swap out the insides for memory foam.

They are awkward though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: nDrew's '04 LS430 Progress Thread