Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Widebody gte build

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-15, 02:42 PM
PaCowboy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

weld rts 15X10 and a 28 inch tall MT ET Pro....
Old 02-14-15, 03:35 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

Nice set... are those 325/50R15 at 28" tall ?
Old 02-14-15, 03:38 PM
PaCowboy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gerrb
Nice set... are those 325/50R15 at 28" tall ?
275/60/15 i think they are actuallu 28.20
Old 02-14-15, 03:41 PM
PaCowboy
Pole Position

with the Vertex widebody kit they just about tuck, which i dont know if i like and will lower the rear end down some... or get a spacer to fill out the rear wheel well for now until i go to a wider tire..
Old 02-14-15, 03:50 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

got you....how far from stock did the widebody bring out the quarter panel ? an inch ?

325/50R15 will bring them out another inch (inside and out ) at 27.80" tall. Since you got those tires now, a 1" spacer probably will get them just a little behind quarter panel.
Old 02-14-15, 03:54 PM
PaCowboy
Pole Position

ya id say about an inch maybe an inch and some change

Originally Posted by gerrb
got you....how far from stock did the widebody bring out the quarter panel ? an inch ?

325/50R15 will bring them out another inch (inside and out ) at 27.80" tall. Since you got those tires now, a 1" spacer probably will get them just a little behind quarter panel.
Old 02-16-15, 01:21 PM
Funnyman
Rookie

Nice car man! I'm going pretty much the same route with my car did you install the widebody or have a shop do it? Im debating on weather to tackle this on my own or just pay a shop to however mine will be a bit more grungy looking with exposed rivits ts on the quarters and matte paint im aiming for 500-550 wheel on a semi built engine and possibly a 6spd of I can't find anyone to buy mine.
Keep up the good work
Old 02-16-15, 01:27 PM
PaCowboy
Pole Position

I bought the car with the body kit on it. If I had a choice I wouldn't put the vertex kit on the car. It's pretty but too much fiberglass. I'm getting stress cracks from the torque that will have to be fixed eventually. If ya have a choice and ain't drag racing all the time go 6 spd. Actually either way go 6 spd. I've been thinking about still not sure if I wanna go getrag or th400

Originally Posted by Funnyman
Nice car man! I'm going pretty much the same route with my car did you install the widebody or have a shop do it? Im debating on weather to tackle this on my own or just pay a shop to however mine will be a bit more grungy looking with exposed rivits ts on the quarters and matte paint im aiming for 500-550 wheel on a semi built engine and possibly a 6spd of I can't find anyone to buy mine.
Keep up the good work
Old 02-16-15, 01:42 PM
Funnyman
Rookie

Well I already have the kit and a v161 at the shop I might however build a cage mainly for the durability aspect of it plus like I said it won't be fiber glassed on its going to be riveted so if it does crack I can just take it off and fix/replace it. And yeah I'm not going to race the car just building it for weekend fun
Old 02-16-15, 01:45 PM
Funnyman
Rookie

My buddy has a built TH400 on a single turbo 2jz in his AE86 it's a beast great trans but he only drags the car I couldn't imagine driving it on the street
Old 02-16-15, 01:45 PM
PaCowboy
Pole Position

That's cool. Where my stress cracks are, it's not at the molded body seams it's actually the kit itself. My cage should be going in the next month or so hopefully that will help

Well I already have the kit and a v161 at the shop I might however build a cage mainly for the durability aspect of it plus like I said it won't be fiber glassed on its going to be riveted so if it does crack I can just take it off and fix/replace it. And yeah I'm not going to race the car just building it for weekend fun
Old 02-16-15, 01:46 PM
PaCowboy
Pole Position

With a 3.26 rear on the th400 it will be a little more streetable. But I hear ya it will be tough as a daily driver.

My buddy has a built TH400 on a single turbo 2jz in his AE86 it's a beast great trans but he only drags the car I couldn't imagine driving it on the street
Old 02-16-15, 01:51 PM
Funnyman
Rookie

Ahh I see yeah the cage should help my buddy specifically built a cage for his FD cause of the widebody he put on hasn't had any issues yet however he doesn't deive the car anymore lol
Now I'm kinda concerned about this kit are your quarters cut off or is it just layed over the fender? I imagine their cut off for you wheel fitment
Old 02-16-15, 01:54 PM
PaCowboy
Pole Position

My fronts are cut off. My rears are still on but I'm cutting them off as much as I can to fit some bigger slicks on the rear end. Only the front are cracking as of now. It's gonna happen with the twist of the chassis and fiberglass. It's something we gotta deal with ya know

Ahh I see yeah the cage should help my buddy specifically built a cage for his FD cause of the widebody he put on hasn't had any issues yet however he doesn't deive the car anymore lol
Now I'm kinda concerned about this kit are your quarters cut off or is it just layed over the fender? I imagine their cut off for you wheel fitment
Old 02-16-15, 02:09 PM
Funnyman
Rookie

True that I'm not looking forward to it.. I'd figure it would have been the rears to crack first

Quick Reply: Widebody gte build