Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

my 98 GS400 in vegas

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-15, 12:17 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

so hopefully toe arms will be ordered this evening, excited hopefully itll go through online, found some arms for dirt.

Now that i do have a little bit of a savings and that the car is mechanically maintained and caught up I can now slowly actually start to buy modifications again. I plan to get new wheels, a kit, and some more suspension goodies and headlights in the near future. Slowly but surely, my schooling is a priority first though.

welp my silkroad toe arms didn't go through, someone kept putting a higher bid on top of mine so oh whales, might just settle for megans for now so i can buy new rear tires and get my wheels refinished.

Last edited by SC4Paulo; 04-27-15 at 12:27 AM.
Old 05-05-15, 07:19 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

My foglights have arrived from japan, now i don't have broken fogs, megan toe arms will be here shortly enough, I am just over going through tires every two weeks.
Old 05-05-15, 07:23 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Old 05-09-15, 07:52 PM
krdp2GS
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking great! I can't wait to start pouring more money into my white GS.
Old 05-10-15, 04:40 AM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Finally, Megan's were back ordered all the way to
Megan themselves so I got a refund and put that towards battle versions for now until I can buy some Serial 9 stuff! Service was great and shipping was quick. Ordered Thursday, arrived Saturday!

Last edited by SC4Paulo; 05-10-15 at 04:45 AM.
Old 05-21-15, 01:10 PM
imjohnnyle
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SC4Paulo
Finally, Megan's were back ordered all the way to
Megan themselves so I got a refund and put that towards battle versions for now until I can buy some Serial 9 stuff! Service was great and shipping was quick. Ordered Thursday, arrived Saturday!
+1 on battle version service! i got mine within a day. had mine chillin for a few days... so lazy to put them on.. my toe is sittin at 1 degrees right now LOL T_T
Old 06-09-15, 10:53 AM
retsehc79
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cutting strut tower holes for fuca

When you cut the holes for the fuca how much more of a drop did it give you? is it a noticable difference or just subtle? i am running megan fuca and the top where the ball joint is...its a square compared to stock is a circle, so id have to cut a huge hole for the top to pop through thats whats kinda holding me back from doing this mod. Just wondering getting all the facts lined up before actually doing it.

so i decided to goof and try and spray paint my black dented fender, used duplicolor 040 and clear, matched decent for rattle can and no pearl, careful with the clear though it does have a orange hue to it. I had also replaced my thermostat, radiator fan switch/sensor, did a coolant flush (of course) and detailed the engine bay a tad.

Old 06-16-15, 11:56 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

well small update, after owning the car for almost two years now, I had finally replaced my motor mount today as it was the first thing i had said the car needed as soon as i stepped into it for a test drive. Also did my third oil pan today :/ hopefully no more leaks for a good while, im really over doing my oil pans.
Old 06-16-15, 11:58 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by retsehc79
When you cut the holes for the fuca how much more of a drop did it give you? is it a noticable difference or just subtle? i am running megan fuca and the top where the ball joint is...its a square compared to stock is a circle, so id have to cut a huge hole for the top to pop through thats whats kinda holding me back from doing this mod. Just wondering getting all the facts lined up before actually doing it.
well considering my upper control arm balljoints rest inside my engine bay now instead of the fender well it made a noticable difference in ride height and ride quality as well.
When i was on 19s i maxed out on top of the rim, no lower at all, but now after cutting i can tuck 18's no problem. When i get extra money ill be purchasing my battle version upper control arms as my stock UCA ball joints are shot.
Old 06-16-15, 11:59 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Old 06-17-15, 02:39 AM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

well considering my upper control arm balljoints rest inside my engine bay now instead of the fender well it made a noticable difference in ride height and ride quality as well.
When i was on 19s i maxed out on top of the rim, no lower at all, but now after cutting i can tuck 18's no problem. When i get extra money ill be purchasing my battle version upper control arms as my stock UCA ball joints are shot.
Where are you finding the BV UCA's? Last time I checked (about 6 months ago or so) they were sold out and discontinued...
Old 06-23-15, 02:13 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

serial 9 i meant but message alex and ask if hell make some for the GS
Old 06-23-15, 10:24 PM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Ahhh gotcha. No worries bro, I was going to go with the SerialNine F/RUCA as well
Old 08-31-15, 11:28 AM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Haven't had the Time to update, sold the Garson ryugis, bought a 240sx, bought aristo fenders, and just working on getting the car cleaner and driving better. up next maintenance wise will be my rack bushings after a year of finally saying I was gonna do them , new Outer tie rods , new transmission mount and engine mounts, again.... them save money for
Painted, kit, and body work, upgrading to 19's soon.
Old 03-23-16, 12:05 AM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

I guess ill give this thread an update.
since August 31, 2015:
-Both Upper control arm ball joints broke( Have been replaced the night before I left for Irwindale for formula drift)
-Starter went out(bushing was seizing, Has been replaced)
-New Polyurethane steering rack spacers
-New outer tie rods (did inners months ago)
-Ordered some kit from Yahoo Japan Auctions
-Picked up a set of 19" VS-XX
-Did the oil pan, busted it again
soo as of right now I need to:
1. Do oil pan
2. Order O2 Sensors
3. Get exhaust done
4. Finish rebuilding VS-XX
5. Repair and Install kit upon arrival
6. Fix rear quarters.
And whats a build thread without pictures?

How its been sitting the passed few months
Untitled by Paulo Jurisprudencia, on Flickr

Starter replacement, intake manifold was the easy part, the stupid trans fluid overflow kept getting in the way of my pulling the bolts off for the starter, ended up dropping the whole driveline in order to get it,
did the oil pan that same day,

New wheel project:
19" Work VS-XX
Untitled by Paulo Jurisprudencia, on FlickrUntitled by Paulo Jurisprudencia, on Flickr
Wheel Projects by Paulo Jurisprudencia, on Flickr

and I threw my MB Battles from my 240sx on it for a little bit until i sold them.

Last edited by SC4Paulo; 03-23-16 at 12:51 AM.

Quick Reply: my 98 GS400 in vegas