Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

**Project "Black Pearl" 1 of 120 97 5speed**

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-13, 06:22 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gerrb
lmaol... just let me know when you are ready to drop that engine into the bay, I will be there to help. Post a picture of your megan mounts. If you have the TRD like mounts, you can't use the old SC300 engine brackets neither those Aristo brackets. You will need the 93-96 Supra MKIV brackets.

At this point , I will suggest you really go over the harness over and over just to check all your work against the diagrams I gave you. Drop that engine into the bay when you are dead sure that everything on the harness is good. Incorporate all the wires you need for your gauges or other sensors.Easier to work on it while its out.
I was just thinking about that harness come to think of it. I have done tons of electrical work and worked on PLC's and built phone punch panels.But.. This harness makes me scared for some reason, I know it will probably be fine but I havent spared a penny so far and I am honestly thinking about getting a custom harness for reassurance reasons.
Yea here is the Megan Mounts
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by geauxsimon; 12-29-13 at 09:16 PM.
Old 12-29-13, 06:28 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

I got to cleaning out my garage and thought that some other things need to be painted. So i took the oven cleaner to the parts and brushed them off and got all the grease and grim off and went to painting. I used the 2000'F Rustoleum Primer then the Satin Silver and Black. I am please with how it turned out. I painted the oil pan unit and the tranny.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-29-13, 06:32 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

It saddens me to see all these parts just waiting to be installed!!...Its hard with kids and a wife though. The trunk has been tested to the max and all those cardboard boxes in the garage are parts for the Pearl as well..Forgot to take a pic of all the boxes in the back seat LOL
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-30-13, 04:37 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Parts collection is the fun part of the build ! Eventually , it will all be done....slow but sure . I know having small kids aint a joke.

Aaron , with those Megan mounts you will need the 1993-1996 Supra MKIV engine mount brackets. Those pictured below in the center. The SC300 or the 97-98 MKIV engine / mount brackets pictured on each side wont work.

Old 12-30-13, 08:27 AM
geauxsimon
Driver

Parts collection is the fun part of the build ! Eventually , it will all be done....slow but sure . I know having small kids aint a joke.

Aaron , with those Megan mounts you will need the 1993-1996 Supra MKIV engine mount brackets. Those pictured below in the center. The SC300 or the 97-98 MKIV engine / mount brackets pictured on each side wont work.

Go ahead and hand them over and no one gets hurt... Do you have some I can buy from ya?
Old 12-30-13, 08:35 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

nah .. I use to have an extra set but jimmy (jwin) bought them probably 6-8 months ago.
Old 12-30-13, 08:05 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Brain Crower 264's installed and shimmed out. Will need some shims added to be within spec but only on 4 valves. Figured it would be more. [IMG][/IMG]

Got the block and head painting finished. Looks a ton cleaner than it did. Not perfect but it looks presentable anyhow..
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-30-13, 08:10 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Tomorrow is my birthday so I will see if my wife let another part slide without too much arguement...
Cant figure out what should be next to order though. Maybe a bunch of hoses. Those dont look really expensive when they come in so that may be the way to go..hahaha the things we do to hide parts and the cost of them when you are married.
Old 12-30-13, 08:15 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

I think after looking for what it seems like a year for that perfect wheel, I think I have my eyes set on these. What do yall think? 8.5"-Front 10"-Rear

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-31-13, 12:28 AM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What are they?
Old 12-31-13, 11:36 AM
geauxsimon
Driver

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
What are they?
Vertini Drift's- Have never seen them on a sc before but have seen them on 350/370z's. Look amazing
Old 01-01-14, 07:22 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Happy New Year ! I am sure you had a good day on your birthday and what a way to close 2013 . Damn , that was a great deal you freaking had on that 1997 Black SC300 and on the last day of the year , you pickup a freaking MKIV Auto LSD for nothing just because someone didn't know what he had. Thanks to me huh ??? lmaol .... And since your SC300 has one installed already , I am coming over to pick it up . It will come handy for me even if I don't need it for now since my current project is a 6 speed .

Originally Posted by geauxsimon
I was just thinking about that harness come to think of it. I have done tons of electrical work and worked on PLC's and built phone punch panels.But.. This harness makes me scared for some reason, I know it will probably be fine but I havent spared a penny so far and I am honestly thinking about getting a custom harness for reassurance reasons.
I am pretty sure you could do it , you are just kinda hesitant and scared am sure since you never did it before. I will come by and pick up the stuff and will work on that harness same time with mine since I need to work on another one for the 6 speed Red Mamba 2.
Old 01-04-14, 08:41 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Happy New Year ! I am sure you had a good day on your birthday and what a way to close 2013 . Damn , that was a great deal you freaking had on that 1997 Black SC300 and on the last day of the year , you pickup a freaking MKIV Auto LSD for nothing just because someone didn't know what he had. Thanks to me huh ??? lmaol .... And since your SC300 has one installed already , I am coming over to pick it up . It will come handy for me even if I don't need it for now since my current project is a 6 speed .

I am pretty sure you could do it , you are just kinda hesitant and scared am sure since you never did it before. I will come by and pick up the stuff and will work on that harness same time with mine since I need to work on another one for the 6 speed Red Mamba 2.
You the man!! I appreciate it!!
Old 01-17-14, 01:27 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Now you are back from Timbuktu where I can't reach you , lmaol, and I know Santa came to town , post all those goodies you got from him . IF you forgot to take pictures of all of those AEM gauges and sensors you left in my place this morning, I will take pictures for you, just let me know. Your car would look like the cockpit of a plane with all those gauges. I had 7 on my Red Mamba 1 . I think you have 12 .. lmaol , and are all AEM .. damn those gauges alone should have cost you at least least $1500.

Questions for you.. I need to know where you are installing the following so I can incorporate the AEM plugs for the following sensors ... just give me an idea so I can extend the wires accordingly.

a) AIT Sensor .. do you already have your IC pipings ? Are you getting a bung for your AIT ?

b) Map sensor .. any idea where you are installing it ?

c) Fuel pressure sensor ... in what area are you installing that Fuel Pressure Regulator ?

d) Oil pressure sensor ... are you getting a lexus union bolt or oil relocation unit ?

e) Boost solenoid ...install it near the passenger strut tower ...got that wiring already .

Your AEM v2 which you got will be plug and play ....we would probably need to use a fields harness to connect some of your stuff .. like you would like to control your dual Denso pump with relays so they are not both running always. ...one comes on once you reach a certain boost. We will see , depending on how much stuff we need to connect.

Damn , I bet MVP had been very happy with you lately ..with all the stuff you got from them. While you are in town , go and work on your car . I want to make sure of everything you are planning to install so we can incorporate whatever you want in your harness and your engine bay will look clean.

I will let you know tomorrow of the connectors you need on the harness so you can order them , definitely coil plugs need replacing .. many of the other plugs I can get from the harnesses I have around...no worries.

Last edited by gerrb; 01-17-14 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-17-14, 04:41 PM
babowc
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question... what are you doing about the OBD2 testing in GA?
or do you live in a county with no emissions...

Quick Reply: **Project "Black Pearl" 1 of 120 97 5speed**