**Project "Black Pearl" 1 of 120 97 5speed**

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-13, 05:28 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by geauxsimon
Man you have some serious ***** to do that! Lol
lmaol , same thing with the cars.. every time she gets to know I picked up another car and starts bitc???? about it , I simply say , "I am picking up another one in the next two weeks " and she stops. Reverse Psychology man . You allow them , they will keep on doing it. At times it's our fault , we love our wives so much that we always want to please them but at the end they try to strangle us and wanted us to do only what they want . Just like you said , when you get something for yourself.. allow them to get something for themselves . It's a give and take process. But you have met my wife , she is as nice as one can be. And am sure your wife too .

Went to bed early last night so didn't read your text message but this morning. I can help you out on a weekday but not weekend. I spend more time in the South on weekends now.
Old 12-26-13, 01:30 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm hunting and bored so I figured I'd update hall on my progress. So gerrb came over and he helped me put the head gasket on and I got those ARP's torqued. I also put the arp rod bolts in and torqued those. Now I've got to get a tap and die set and tap my oil return so I can put the oil pan and lower parts back on. I guess I'll try and get the oil pump, front main seal, waterpump, done in the meantime. I also got the 264's in place and checked valve lash clearances and found that I will need some shims but just a few not bad. My south bend clutch came in today. I'll take some pics and post them later.
Old 12-26-13, 02:56 PM
2JTsc300
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good build so far man, I bet u r getting excited to get this thing goin. I just finished na-t build on my sc and love it even more. keep up the work post more pics and good luck
Old 12-26-13, 06:46 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

I'm hunting and bored so I figured I'd update hall on my progress. So gerrb came over and he helped me put the head gasket on and I got those ARP's torqued. I also put the arp rod bolts in and torqued those. Now I've got to get a tap and die set and tap my oil return so I can put the oil pan and lower parts back on. I guess I'll try and get the oil pump, front main seal, waterpump, done in the meantime. I also got the 264's in place and checked valve lash clearances and found that I will need some shims but just a few not bad. My south bend clutch came in today. I'll take some pics and post them later.
Brain Crower 264's
[IMG][/IMG]

AEM Boost Control/ AEM Serial Gauge/ AEM A/F Gauges
[IMG][/IMG]

South Bend Clutch
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-26-13, 09:36 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

So tonight I was going to order my down pipe and midpipe, but I had a hesitation on what size to get. They had two that I was looking at. One had a 3" Vband connection that went to 4" pipe all the way back and the other was 3"Vband connection that went 3" pipe all the way back. Not sure if 4" would be to big for routing or if I even need 4" piping. Will 3" all the way be plenty for my setup? What do yall think?
Old 12-26-13, 09:37 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Somebody find me a good deal on a AEM V2 (30-6100)!!!
Old 12-26-13, 10:49 PM
IanWatson
Pole Position

You have some very nice items going in this build , keep it up
Old 12-27-13, 06:27 AM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Somebody find me a good deal on a AEM V2 (30-6100)!!!
Get the 6101. Ask quickgs or google it. You can use it on your sc with a 2jzgte motor. Calibration are base start up maps. You can upload the supra Tt map into your standalone and because the pins are the same output is the same. My Na-t motor is the same as a supra 2jz gte. It has coilpacks crank and cam sensor and my harness is wired the same as a gte motor. Pm me if you have more questions.
Old 12-27-13, 06:30 AM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

I used a 97 sc300 wiring harness and added the extra pins needed for coilpack and cam signal. If you pull up the manual for both 6100 and 6101 you will see that almost all the pins are in the same location. It only differs from the aem v1 box which you need to move if came from a aem v1 box.
Old 12-27-13, 11:53 AM
geauxsimon
Driver

Originally Posted by jwin
I used a 97 sc300 wiring harness and added the extra pins needed for coilpack and cam signal. If you pull up the manual for both 6100 and 6101 you will see that almost all the pins are in the same location. It only differs from the aem v1 box which you need to move if came from a aem v1 box.
I appreciate the information on the 6101 and I probably wouldve got a 6101 if I had that concrete information a few days ago. However I got a really good deal on a 6100 today and I pulled the trigger, so it should be here shortly. I do appreciate the insight though!
Old 12-27-13, 11:54 AM
geauxsimon
Driver

So tonight I was going to order my down pipe and midpipe, but I had a hesitation on what size to get. They had two that I was looking at. One had a 3" Vband connection that went to 4" pipe all the way back and the other was 3"Vband connection that went 3" pipe all the way back. Not sure if 4" would be to big for routing or if I even need 4" piping. Will 3" all the way be plenty for my setup? What do yall think?
Anybody have any suggestions on this???
Old 12-27-13, 12:20 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

So tonight I was going to order my down pipe and midpipe, but I had a hesitation on what size to get. They had two that I was looking at. One had a 3" Vband connection that went to 4" pipe all the way back and the other was 3"Vband connection that went 3" pipe all the way back. Not sure if 4" would be to big for routing or if I even need 4" piping.
Will 3" all the way be plenty for my setup? What do yall think?
Will 3" all the way be plenty for your setup of 500rwhp ? I believe it will. Though if I were you , I will take the 3" vband and 4" pipe all the way. It won't do you any harm. Once you decide to go higher HP which am sure you will , since it is a desease , then your exhaust is more than capable and don't have to spend again for it and throw your old one or sell it for nothing
Old 12-28-13, 06:28 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

So, I decided to go dual 3" Greddy Evo Style Mufflers on the Black Pearl. Had Greddy Evo exhaust on my 1st Civic Si and loved it. Had The Evo Style OBX on my last two cars (Integra Turbo, Maxima) and the quality has been great and sounds just as good with the same deep hollow tone. So, I went with them here/ They came in today. People should give OBX a chance. I have had alot of their products and they have all been great and look top notch. Had exhaust and headers etc..
Here they are-[IMG][/IMG]

I got bored today and figured I would paint the block and head tonight while I have nothing else to do. 2000'F paint primer. Cant decide if I want the block black or silver yet..HMMM the head will be silver like stock though.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-28-13, 06:31 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Originally Posted by gerrb
Will 3" all the way be plenty for your setup of 500rwhp ? I believe it will. Though if I were you , I will take the 3" vband and 4" pipe all the way. It won't do you any harm. Once you decide to go higher HP which am sure you will , since it is a desease , then your exhaust is more than capable and don't have to spend again for it and throw your old one or sell it for nothing
You are right wise one...I went ahead and ordered the 4" last night. Look Gerrb. This is what we are going to do. You and your wife can move into the man cave for the next 3-4months and you can park you 50 cars in the back. You can live here for free that way you dont have to keep answering my text messages and calls and drive over so much. Heck, we could have this thing running in a few days. I pretty much have all the parts here already!!! LOL
Old 12-29-13, 07:23 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

lmaol... just let me know when you are ready to drop that engine into the bay, I will be there to help. Post a picture of your megan mounts. If you have the TRD like mounts, you can't use the old SC300 engine brackets neither those Aristo brackets. You will need the 93-96 Supra MKIV brackets.

At this point , I will suggest you really go over the harness over and over just to check all your work against the diagrams I gave you. Drop that engine into the bay when you are dead sure that everything on the harness is good. Incorporate all the wires you need for your gauges or other sensors.Easier to work on it while its out.

Quick Reply: **Project "Black Pearl" 1 of 120 97 5speed**