Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Plans for my 1993 SC300

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-13, 03:01 PM
krurenn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plans for my 1993 SC300

Hey everyone. So I recently picked up a 93' SC300 in great condition. I was originally looking for a OEM 5 speed manual but settled with buying the SC300 in automatic. The interior, exterior, and motor condition is what had me sold on the automatic. The price was also right so I couldn't pass it up. It's really a nice car that looks surprisingly only a few years old for it's year. My only problem is it's an auto tranny

I figure that I'll just drive the car in auto for a while and save up some money to do a 1Jz swap with either the 5 speed or a 6 speed supra transmission. I will probably end up selling the 2Jzge motor 165K with the automatic transmission on craigslist or something.

Right now I'm trying to put a parts list together to complete the swap. How much $$$ do you guys think I'm looking at to complete a 1jz swap with the manual transmission? If you guys have any links you can post to help me out that would be great! All help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I obviously still have a lot of research to do!

Last edited by krurenn; 10-30-13 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10-30-13, 10:37 PM
krurenn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nvm. I found a lot of info about this already. But please help if I'm wrong. So basically now that I've done more research...especially about part costs and availablity, I plan on sticking with buying a w58 5 speed transmission to swap out the current auto tranny and building her up from there. I might be better off finding another stock SC in 5 speed and stripping it. Or vice versa. We'll see I guess.

The parts I have down so far is the Clutch, Driveshaft, Flywheel, Shifter and accesories, Bezel, Clutch Pedal, Clutch Lines, Master Cylinder, Guage Cluster, Brake Pedal,...pretty sure missing things here and there so I plan on getting a parts diagram from somewhere? Dealership maybe? Also when it comes to the ECU I've read that I don't need a new one and it's compatible plug/play.

Still doing research on which lsd dif I should use with the w58 tranny.

I will probably just sell the 2Jzge motor and get 1JZ and good turbo.

I really want to make my SC300 look and drive like a Soarer! Looking to make this car my daily driver so not trying for to much hp. The W58 can only handle so much anyways. Hopefully I can accomplish this at a reasonable price. Haha! That's what I said when I built my s14.

Last edited by krurenn; 10-30-13 at 10:43 PM.