Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS400 owner vehicles

Intro...97 Toyota Celsior

Old 08-11-14, 09:41 AM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

new wheels look great, and yes go with your instinct to make them brushed or silver! white on white doesn't flow well in my eyes, but that's just me .
Old 08-11-14, 05:13 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

those look awesome - as is!

They're a little bit darker, more like an eggshell, to me [from those pics] its blends the two-tone nicely and completes the car as a package... IMO
Old 08-11-14, 09:07 PM
Shmee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Diamond Cut the faces, best look possible.
PM me for details as my guy out here did an amazing job on my Ordens.
Old 09-23-14, 05:57 AM
tsxnbp
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default yay or nay?

Up in Canada (at least where I live) we are quickly approaching the end of mod season as winter tire ads are already starting to flood the local market...but I am still trying to squeeze in a few more projects for 2014 season.

I recently picked up some trunk & roof spoilers and trying to decide whether to install just the roof, just the trunk, both or none at all.

My original plan was to just install the roof spoiler...but my friends are telling I should install both to balance it out. As I am still undecided which route to go I would love to get some more feedback from actual LS400/Celsior owners. Here are some pics of the spoilers...they are not secured to the car so please don't mind the gap.

Old 10-01-14, 11:04 AM
timmy0tool

since you already have both, i would run both!
Old 10-05-14, 10:13 AM
tsxnbp
Rookie

Just Picked up a couple of JDM goodies...kind of borderline ricer mods at my age (mid-40's) but couldn't resist.

I have never been a fan of JP neck pillows as so many people have them but I thought this was kind of different / unique...

Also scored a set of illuminating stainless steel door sill overlay...they are very clean/subtle OEM looking during the day but really pops when illuminated at night!

Old 10-05-14, 11:04 AM
RugbyDad
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tsxnbp
Just Picked up a couple of JDM goodies...kind of borderline ricer mods at my age (mid-40's) but couldn't resist.

wow, me likey... I love light mods.. Would definitely prefer if they said Lexus and lit up or even LS400 and lit up but if they said UCF-20 and lit up pure white?? I would spend mucho dinero on that.. Man if I could get that and some puddle lights for the underside of the door sills? Thats the stuff dreams are made of...

But I have to admit just having the door sills light up is a huge improvement.. especially if one were to compare these to those lexus logo lights that some guys have put into their footwell lights.. << a bit too gimmicky.. nothing any well respected manufacturer would install from the factory.. But I could easily see this in any number of modern cars.

And concerning your trunk and roof spoilers.. Use them both. They compliment each other very well. Although either works by itself.

And one more thing.. after going through this thread I have yet to find where you mention your completely custom LED tails.. not the rcr's or smoked rcr's.. What gives??!!

Last edited by RugbyDad; 10-05-14 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-05-14, 03:33 PM
chrispy

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

Nice parts! Where did you get those neckpads?
Old 10-10-14, 05:48 PM
tsxnbp
Rookie

Originally Posted by RugbyDad
wow, me likey... I love light mods.. Would definitely prefer if they said Lexus and lit up or even LS400 and lit up but if they said UCF-20 and lit up pure white??
For me "Celsior" sills naturally made sense but I agree with you totally for folks with Lexus LS400. Seeing that you are super handy with custom work what you can probably do is find a set of donor "Lexus" illuminating door sills and retrofit them on your stock door sills. There are a ton of Lexus illuminating door sills on ebay from different Lexus models.

And one more thing.. after going through this thread I have yet to find where you mention your completely custom LED tails.. not the rcr's or smoked rcr's.. What gives??!!
Yes I do have a set of retrofitted LED tails with dancing demo feature...I rarely ever use the demo mode but I do turn it on once in a while if I am at a night meet and someone requests to see it.

It's a good conversation starter!

Originally Posted by chrispy
Nice parts! Where did you get those neckpads?
Thanks! They were purchased from Japan through the car dealer that imported my car for me originally.
Old 10-10-14, 06:18 PM
tsxnbp
Rookie

I have been meaning to show you guys a couple of JDM OEM parts I picked up while back....most of you will think I am a total dork for getting excited over them but I really love these old fogie parts. Perhaps it is only natural due to my age.

First up, OEM option celsior trunk storage box....it fits perfectly in the left cavity as you can see. It's a great box to keep my emergency air suspension parts & tools as it holds a ton of stuff and keep them from flying around the trunk:

The second item is the OEM leather Celsior key holder...it is designed to stick to the steering column while driving to keep it from dangling.

Old 10-11-14, 07:45 PM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

wow, me likey... I love light mods.. Would definitely prefer if they said Lexus and lit up or even LS400 and lit up but if they said UCF-20 and lit up pure white?? I would spend mucho dinero on that.. Man if I could get that and some puddle lights for the underside of the door sills? Thats the stuff dreams are made of...

But I have to admit just having the door sills light up is a huge improvement.. especially if one were to compare these to those lexus logo lights that some guys have put into their footwell lights.. << a bit too gimmicky.. nothing any well respected manufacturer would install from the factory.. But I could easily see this in any number of modern cars.

And concerning your trunk and roof spoilers.. Use them both. They compliment each other very well. Although either works by itself.

What I would do is take your standard sill, take measurements, and have an "LS400" or "LEXUS" piece cut out using a laser cutter. Then go back from the underside with some electroluminescent tape, and you should be good to go.
Old 02-22-15, 09:42 PM
tsxnbp
Rookie

Been a while since my last update...

Up here in Canada we are still under extremely nasty winter weather (been around -10 to -20 celsius daily for the last couple of weeks) but it has not kept me from sourcing rare parts for my celsior...

I picked up a JDM "clean box" which is basically a small garbage box that attaches to the center console. Since it's grey I am going to dye it black to match my interior.

I also picked up some OEM celsior window visors...

Fabulous Profound wheels (I like period correct parts!)

LED clear corners

DAD Garson rear console

Aimgain grille

I can't wait for the warmer weather...been itching to install these parts along with finishing my retrofit with LS430 projectors but it's just too damn cold to work on cars!

Last edited by tsxnbp; 02-23-15 at 06:42 AM.
Old 03-04-15, 05:50 PM
timmy0tool

^ DANG that is some good parts right there ken. spring cannot come soon enough!
Old 03-05-15, 06:05 AM
tsxnbp
Rookie

Originally Posted by timmy0tool
^ DANG that is some good parts right there ken. spring cannot come soon enough!
Thanks Tim.

Unfortunately still -15 celsius as I type this post....
Old 03-20-15, 05:54 PM
Toyofhate
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice looks like your having fun. Really contemplating the rear wings.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Intro...97 Toyota Celsior