Intro...97 Toyota Celsior

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-13, 10:23 AM
tsxnbp
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dranom
Folding mirrors work?
Yes, the oem mirrors do fold with a switch and they also have a weird snow shaking function as well. I am not sure if that came as a stock feature in North America?

I would eventually like to pick up some aftermarket LED turn signal / courtesy lights outer shells which would allow me to retain the stock functions while adding more current useful features
Old 11-11-13, 01:10 PM
E0FLK0PTR
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tsxnbp
Yes, the oem mirrors do fold with a switch and they also have a weird snow shaking function as well. I am not sure if that came as a stock feature in North America?

I would eventually like to pick up some aftermarket LED turn signal / courtesy lights outer shells which would allow me to retain the stock functions while adding more current useful features
try www.importmonster.com for winker mirror covers. go to yahoo auctions japan on the site. Power folding mirrors were standard on almost every vehicle in japan. also, the mirror shakey button also sprays 2 jets of air noticed as an ear piercing squeal to get rid of ice/frost, then heat up! its a good way to **** off your passenger. jdm cars get all the cool extras. I know it is mentioned in a thread here somewhere but hold down the climate button until you see a number on the lcd, set it from 0 to 3. that's your filtration setting. I didn't even think of the projector quality vs the Vulcan lights. maybe junction produce Vulcans are better?
Old 11-11-13, 01:26 PM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

shake feature, as in the mirror vibrates to rid of built up snow?! man now that is engineering!
Old 12-18-13, 09:43 AM
tsxnbp
Rookie

It has been a while since I updated this thread....

I thought I would share my latest purchase which just arrived at my door yesterday.....

Ever since I picked up my celsior a couple of month back the stock steering wheel felt so large compared to my last car (it was a TSX with S2000 OEM steering wheel swap done). Knowing how much my TSX felt better by simply switching to slightly smaller OEM S2000 steering wheel, I decided to give the 335mm Silkblaze Sports Steering Wheel a try. The great part is I can swap all the oem parts over including airbag/cruise control and it still blends in with the stock interior due to the wood / leather combo.

As it is not installed yet (hope to accomplish that over the Christmas holidays) I am not yet able to provide any review but I sure hope it will improve the handling feel...

Old 12-18-13, 10:51 AM
Greg5OH
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sweeet! The mirror shale thing sounds very cool! I want lol

Where about sin Ontario are you? I recently picked up Schnitzs 2000 LS400 from milton. Hope to see you at some Toronto meets next year!
Old 12-18-13, 11:37 AM
tsxnbp
Rookie

Originally Posted by Greg5OH
Where about sin Ontario are you? I recently picked up Schnitzs 2000 LS400 from milton. Hope to see you at some Toronto meets next year!
As I only got into the LS400/Celsior scene this past fall I don't really know the OG VIP guys from Toronto area but I have seen Schnitzs car in the past couple of times at random shows/meets.

You picked up a real nice ride!

I am in the west end of Toronto as well so if you are coming into Toronto for a big meet may be we will run into each other one day.
Old 12-23-13, 06:58 AM
E0FLK0PTR
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tsxnbp
It has been a while since I updated this thread....

I thought I would share my latest purchase which just arrived at my door yesterday.....

Ever since I picked up my celsior a couple of month back the stock steering wheel felt so large compared to my last car (it was a TSX with S2000 OEM steering wheel swap done). Knowing how much my TSX felt better by simply switching to slightly smaller OEM S2000 steering wheel, I decided to give the 335mm Silkblaze Sports Steering Wheel a try. The great part is I can swap all the oem parts over including airbag/cruise control and it still blends in with the stock interior due to the wood / leather combo.

As it is not installed yet (hope to accomplish that over the Christmas holidays) I am not yet able to provide any review but I sure hope it will improve the handling feel...

That thing looks badass. Could you shoot me silkblaze's company url. I may have to pick this thing up. I was thinking the same thing with my oem wheel. Feels huge
Old 12-28-13, 01:57 PM
SERIALNINE
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet !!!!! looks dope ! i just got my wood wheel in over the Christmas break also.
Old 12-28-13, 10:55 PM
Kingsoup
Pole Position

Those tail lights would look nice on mine as well.
Snow shake eh? I haven't seen that on mine, I do like the snow function in the transmission though, really good at super slippery situations.
Old 01-07-14, 09:02 PM
tsxnbp
Rookie

Originally Posted by E0FLK0PTR
That thing looks badass. Could you shoot me silkblaze's company url. I may have to pick this thing up. I was thinking the same thing with my oem wheel. Feels huge
Sorry for the late reply...

http://www.kspec.jp/silkblaze/catalo..._sd/index.html

Unfortunately my plan to install the steering wheel failed miserably over the holidays...we have had such bad in Toronto and my garage is just too cold to work in right now.

It was around minus 40 celsius with windchill today just to give you Cali guys an idea how it sucks to live in Canada...
Old 01-08-14, 12:47 AM
LScowboyLS
Lexus Champion

Received 81 Likes on 39 Posts

-40° Celsius = -40° Fahrenheit
Old 01-08-14, 05:17 AM
Yamae

Received 850 Likes on 643 Posts

Originally Posted by LScowboyLS
-40°C is the temperature for those most of electrolytes in electrolytic capacitors begin to freeze and do not work well. But capacitors that use a quaternary ammonium salt are still OK. Other than the ESR issue, that is the another reason why Toyota and Denso had to use those risky capacitors for ECUs in the late 80s and 90s without knowing the future problem now going on a lot.
Old 01-08-14, 09:59 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by LScowboyLS
* windchill =/= 'actual' temp.

It's typically -27c at most, but the added wind gusts make it "feel" like -40c on the body.

Same with the car, the panels are subject to wind gusts but the internal components are sitting at the -27c
Old 01-08-14, 03:46 PM
MR2turbo
Driver School Candidate

OP, congrats on the car. The condition looks unbelievable. Do you mind sharing which site you used to buy the car?
Old 01-08-14, 05:33 PM
Largefarva
Driver

Amazing looking car! Love the colour combo and it looks like its still brand new, IMO the tinted tails should be finished with tinted plate covers, clear covers should have untinted lenses. I really can't believe the condition of that car though, is there any specific reason you got that instead of an LS?

Quick Reply: Intro...97 Toyota Celsior