Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS400 owner vehicles

Intro...97 Toyota Celsior

Old 06-20-14, 05:45 AM
fred81
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tsxnbp
Hi Fred,

The harness was a simple plug & play so I have no idea how it works technically. Sorry!
Thanks, where then was the harness from? If Lexus/Toyota, do you have a part number? Regards
Old 07-27-14, 12:17 PM
tsxnbp
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It has been a while since I updated the thread...been working hard to get the ride ready for the Import Alliance Summer meet in Kentucky which I attended last weekend.

Unfortunately I didn't get to finish everything in time for the meet but here's a few current pics:

From IA:

I am happy with the rear drop but still need to adjust the front bag set up to go lower...simply ran out of time as I finished the car literally a couple of hours before we left for IA.

I also need to try out different size spacers and my other set of wheels to see what would look better/works without doing any fender mods. As you can see it's pretty hella sunk right now.

Old 07-27-14, 12:26 PM
Boxcuta
Rookie

It has been a while since I updated the thread...been working hard to get the ride ready for the Import Alliance Summer meet in Kentucky which I attended last weekend.

Unfortunately I didn't get to finish everything in time for the meet but here's a few current pics:

From IA:

I am happy with the rear drop but still need to adjust the front bag set up to go lower...simply ran out of time as I finished the car literally a couple of hours before we left for IA.

I also need to try out different size spacers and my other set of wheels to see what would look better/works without doing any fender mods. As you can see it's pretty hella sunk right now.

What body kit is this?
Old 07-27-14, 12:43 PM
ma61
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I liked the car at this stage:

Old 07-27-14, 05:23 PM
Shmee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I like the front lip but the sides and rear are a bit unusual for the stance and wheels.
a bit too 90s Yakuza on the side and the rear with a euro front and stance/wheel combo...

imho, you need a different wheel, not spacers to make the look work. Something like SuicideS13's wheels or some Waffes with bigg lips and a flush fitment would pull it all together!

how was the air install?
Old 07-27-14, 06:45 PM
tsxnbp
Rookie

Originally Posted by Shmee
I like the front lip but the sides and rear are a bit unusual for the stance and wheels.
a bit too 90s Yakuza on the side and the rear with a euro front and stance/wheel combo...

imho, you need a different wheel, not spacers to make the look work. Something like SuicideS13's wheels or some Waffes with bigg lips and a flush fitment would pull it all together!

how was the air install?
I totally agree with your comments.

The rear bumper and sides are actually extremely rare TOM'S kit. Because of the rarity I wanted to give them a try but they are very hard to pull off especially without the front to go with it.

I am not a fan of crazy fender pulling hellapoke style / super wide wheels...so will be selling the TOM'S kit I think.

The front is silkblaze lip and I will be switching the sides and rear to wald once I pick them up from the painter which should flow much better as they are more simple/subtle. I didn't have enough time to try the wald set up before the meet unfortunately.

The air install was a very good learning experience let's just say. ...next time I won't plan it so close to the meet.....hahaha
Old 07-27-14, 06:54 PM
tsxnbp
Rookie

Originally Posted by Boxcuta
What body kit is this?
The sides and rear bumper are authentic rare TOM'S kit.

The front lip is silkblaze.

Old 07-29-14, 01:20 AM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

First you had my attention, and now you have my erection.

But in all seriousness, I never even knew TOM's made aero for the LS/Celsior, let alone a UCF20... How hard was this to find?
Old 07-30-14, 09:54 AM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

looking good ken! love the LED tails!
Old 08-05-14, 05:47 AM
tsxnbp
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sc0pe
First you had my attention, and now you have my erection.

But in all seriousness, I never even knew TOM's made aero for the LS/Celsior, let alone a UCF20... How hard was this to find?
I came across it by a fluke really...I actually didn't even see what they looked like before I purchased it but it said TOM's/UCF20 Kouki so I jumped on it. I saw what they looked like for the first time when they were finally delivered. I was surprised to see how aggressive they were considering their UCF30 line is much more subtle.

I wish I can find the front to go with it though...I can't even find a pic on the internet showing what the front looks like (actually can't even find pics of sides/rear either).

I now have to decide whether to stay with the old school period correct kit & old school wheels or get something else that's more modern looking / current style wheels.

Originally Posted by timmy0tool
looking good ken! love the LED tails!
Thanks Tim. I just had to have the dancing tails...I love lighting mods. Now I just need to go finish my LS430 projector retrofit!
Old 08-05-14, 07:52 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Tom's made a rash of UCF20 parts. They had everything from full coilover suspension to multi-point underbody braces to full exhausts, etc....

OP if you ever decide to sell the tom's pieces, PM me.
Old 08-05-14, 09:38 AM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

I came across it by a fluke really...I actually didn't even see what they looked like before I purchased it but it said TOM's/UCF20 Kouki so I jumped on it. I saw what they looked like for the first time when they were finally delivered. I was surprised to see how aggressive they were considering their UCF30 line is much more subtle.

I wish I can find the front to go with it though...I can't even find a pic on the internet showing what the front looks like (actually can't even find pics of sides/rear either).

I now have to decide whether to stay with the old school period correct kit & old school wheels or get something else that's more modern looking / current style wheels.
Ah, I see. Well, either way, that's a REALLY nice find! What I think you should do as far as styling goes, is just pick up a set of (period correct?) 5-spoke/mesh wheels that work better with the aggressive styling.
Old 08-10-14, 11:12 PM
tsxnbp
Rookie

I am still hoping to source some old school period correct VIP wheels eventually but I had already purchased these while back so decided to try them out.

My plan was to powder coat the faces silver or may be brushed if I liked them enough...definitely not crazy about the white faces as they get dirty so quickly but I kind of do like the overall design/how they look on the car..

I will keep them as is for now and may be take them apart to get the faces redone over the winter.
Old 08-11-14, 01:08 AM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

I am digging those new rims!
Old 08-11-14, 06:42 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 334 Likes on 288 Posts

The wheels do look nice on the car

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Intro...97 Toyota Celsior