Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My '95 SC4 build

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-13, 10:14 PM
KayGeeCee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My '95 SC4 build

FINALLY got coilovers (got tein basis). Just got them installed today and I have to say it's pretty soft and very similar to the stock. Overall I'm happy with the height adjustment though.

Hard to see pic, but you can see dem green teins

Old stuff:

Result(will post full car tomorrow):

Anyways, after getting them installed I decided to plastidip my emblems and see how they turned out. I guess I can say I'm OKAY with them. Tell me what you guys think!

I'm more into the looks right now. So next on my list are new wheels.. so any suggestions? I've been going to so many sites for wheels and I think I may end up buying from tirerack. (Looking at enkeis at the moment) So I want bigger wheels and I'm wondering if 17's would look good or if 18's would be better. and if I DO get 18's how would fitment be?(regarding pulling fenders and all that good stuff)

Also looking into getting a tint but I gotta fix a crack on my front windshield and there's a small coolant leak that I have to fix as well.
Old 10-16-13, 01:11 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

looks like you picked up a clean sc, looks stealthy, have fun with the car!
Old 10-20-13, 10:45 PM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

good start, buy the rims used with tires mounted you'll get a better deal. as for rolling fenders you wont have to unless the offset is10.5 or 11. theres a specific size tire for each rim size on this car. they have the specs listed on tirerack.

Last edited by SC4ME; 10-22-13 at 06:19 AM.
Old 10-20-13, 10:53 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Lol I needed to roll my fenders and I wasn't in 20's care to explain?
Old 10-20-13, 10:56 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

What's your plan for wheels and looks Ie. track, VIP, etc. and how much is your budget?
Old 10-21-13, 12:14 AM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SC4Paulo
Lol I needed to roll my fenders and I wasn't in 20's care to explain?
What's your plan for wheels and looks Ie. track, VIP, etc. and how much is your budget?
well stretching your tires will help avoid rolling, if your going to drop the car then its inevitable.

mine are 245 40 18.8.5 3 fingers from the fender and im quite happy
Old 10-21-13, 07:46 AM
KayGeeCee
Driver School Candidate

Yesterday I actually just picked up a set of 18" staggered IS 350 rims with tires mounted.
Hopefully today I'll have a neighbor bolt em on for me. Also, I think I got too excited with them
sitting in my trunk and rear seat because I got caught speeding yesterday on the highway. Caught going 81 on the freeway

Pretty sure the ticket is going to cost 200-400, so it'll set me back quite a bit. But at least I got to do what I really wanted to do for my car so far.
Old 10-21-13, 08:51 AM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

You'll love your car with the new IS wheels! and wut going 81?! What's your speed limit there?!

And as for you ghassan you clearly stated that rolling fenders was only needed for 20's. clearly not true, you even told me yourself that you had no clear understanding of why we roll fenders. To educate you I'll explain right now, rolling fenders is needed so our tires don't get cut up by the fender lip. it does not matter whether 20's,18's or whatever if you have a lower offset wheel with stretched tires or a thicker tire "traction/launch guys" you'll need your fenders rolled to help reduce sidewall damage.
Even with a stretched tire we still till fenders, and a 245/35 vs a 245/25 will have no clearance gains when fitting a 10.5 0et, you're just changing sidewall height, not tire width. you told me you worked at a tire shop
Old 10-21-13, 09:36 AM
KayGeeCee
Driver School Candidate

Do you think i'll have to get my fenders rolled
once i get my wheels on?

And the speed limit on the freeway i was on is 65
Its always an empty freeway so i tend to go in the 80s
Old 10-21-13, 09:53 AM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

if you have the ability to roll your fenders I always recommend doing so but I don't think it would be needed in your case, what size tires are on the IS wheels? And on hwy I always average 80-90 :/
Old 10-21-13, 10:01 AM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

You'll love your car with the new IS wheels! and wut going 81?! What's your speed limit there?!

And as for you ghassan you clearly stated that rolling fenders was only needed for 20's. clearly not true, you even told me yourself that you had no clear understanding of why we roll fenders. To educate you I'll explain right now, rolling fenders is needed so our tires don't get cut up by the fender lip. it does not matter whether 20's,18's or whatever if you have a lower offset wheel with stretched tires or a thicker tire "traction/launch guys" you'll need your fenders rolled to help reduce sidewall damage.
Even with a stretched tire we still till fenders, and a 245/35 vs a 245/25 will have no clearance gains when fitting a 10.5 0et, you're just changing sidewall height, not tire width. you told me you worked at a tire shop
if you have the ability to roll your fenders I always recommend doing so but I don't think it would be needed in your case, what size tires are on the IS wheels? And on hwy I always average 80-90 :/
i dont care what people think, your really embarassing yourself. i wasnt talking about offset, im talking about a stock wheel. reread my post dumbo!
Old 10-21-13, 10:03 AM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KayGeeCee
Do you think i'll have to get my fenders rolled
once i get my wheels on?

And the speed limit on the freeway i was on is 65
Its always an empty freeway so i tend to go in the 80s
whats the specs on the is wheels? if their low profile tires you might not need to roll.
Old 10-21-13, 10:49 AM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Regarding fenders being rolled or pulled it all depends on the offset of the wheels. With the IS wheels you shouldn't have to worry to much about rolling your fenders.
Old 10-21-13, 08:37 PM
KERNALKLIN
Driver School Candidate

Man..clean sc. I cant wait to get my coilovers..
Old 10-22-13, 12:38 AM
FAT HEAD
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SC4o0 please stop giving faulty info and then going back on it, I've seen you do this before in other threads. You said the only time you have to roll fenders is with 20s, it's right there in your post and it's not true. Don't lead newbies astray.

To the op, you may not have to roll with this set, but if you go more aggressive, you definitely will, so it's best to just get it out of the way. Your car is coming along nicely!

Quick Reply: My '95 SC4 build