Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

emoFTW Build thread 1JZ/6766/272's/FIC 2150s/AEM/E85

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-13, 05:17 PM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how did i miss this thread..lol looking good!!!
Old 11-05-13, 07:34 PM
emoFTW
Driver

Originally Posted by Barry0525
Man that's sucks about the damage. But this built keeps getting better and better. Def keep us posted and let us know about the transmission build. I've thought about sending my tranny to them for the same build.
Yea it's a little heart breaking, but I figured it was going to break sooner or later. Aaron quoted me 1100.00 to get the tranny rebuilt, along with all the Marlin Crawler goodies and the DM 3-4 gear billet fork. I'm excited for it, but unfortunately I didn't have time to pull my transmission this weekend

Originally Posted by 94_soarer
how did i miss this thread..lol looking good!!!
Thanks!

I bought a few things but don't have pictures for them yet.

Goodridge steel braided brake lines. Installed already and they made a pretty noticeable difference in pedal pressure. My ls400 bbk had some dead pedal in it, but the majority of it was taken out.

Steering Rack bushings from DM. Not installed yet, probably do it while the trans is out.

1JZ billet timing belt tensioner. Saw a guy making some on the Supra parts for sale page on Facebook. Figured it would be some cheap insurance since I'm running bigger cams and the motor will be making more power
Old 11-08-13, 07:09 PM
emoFTW
Driver

emoFTW Build thread 1JZ/6766/272's/FIC 2150s/AEM/E85-image-21878330.jpg

emoFTW Build thread 1JZ/6766/272's/FIC 2150s/AEM/E85-image-1971215014.jpg

Just a few quick pics.
Old 11-08-13, 09:06 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Love the build! The exhaust sounds nasty so the cams are installed? I was trying to listen for the choppy idle, but didn't really hear it surprisingly...
Old 11-08-13, 11:17 PM
emoFTW
Driver

Originally Posted by stockhatch
Love the build! The exhaust sounds nasty so the cams are installed? I was trying to listen for the choppy idle, but didn't really hear it surprisingly...
Thanks!

Not installed yet. Since the car is going to be down, I might man up and install all the remaining parts!
Old 01-30-14, 09:04 PM
emoFTW
Driver

Well it's been awhile since I've updated this, the car is still down. Our business is at it's peak around this time of the year and I've just been super busy. My brother and I finally had a little free time tonight to get started on pulling then transmission. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll have it out.

I've made up my mind that I will be sending the R154 off to Jacks Transmissions to get their Stage 3 rebuild!!
Old 01-31-14, 06:48 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

how much is jacks going to charge?? and where are they located?? how many miles(if you know) was on that 154?? iam running a w58 and iam hoping I can ekk out some hp. I have a r154 just sitting around too.
Old 02-01-14, 09:10 PM
emoFTW
Driver

Originally Posted by megamax
how much is jacks going to charge?? and where are they located?? how many miles(if you know) was on that 154?? iam running a w58 and iam hoping I can ekk out some hp. I have a r154 just sitting around too.

Jacks is going to charge 1,699.99 for rebuilding the R154, the reason why I will be sending mine to them is the fact that they so quality work and They stand behind their product. Lots of V160's get sent to them. They also build DSMs, evo x, and GTR transmissions. Plus they offer a special synchro blue printing that nobody else does.

http://www.jackstransmissions.com/collections/supra-v160-rebuild-options/products/stage-3-supra-r154

I'm not sure on the mileage of the transmission, I can assure you there were a lot of miles. I knew the transmission was going to go soon, I could feel 3rd gear getting all rubbery.
Old 02-02-14, 10:18 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm with Nate on this one...how did I miss this? I'm slacking as well! lol. But seriously it's looking good bro, and congrats on the marriage, and you're friends are awesome! Rented out the track to have some fun...way cool!

steve
Old 02-02-14, 05:21 PM
emoFTW
Driver

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
I'm with Nate on this one...how did I miss this? I'm slacking as well! lol. But seriously it's looking good bro, and congrats on the marriage, and you're friends are awesome! Rented out the track to have some fun...way cool!

steve
Thanks a lot Steve! I will have to agree, I have the best friends/family anybody could ask for! Hopefully we can rent it out again this year!

Sorry guy's, I'm slacking on this build thread, whenever i start wrenching on the car I forgot to take pictures haha. I've taken a few along the way, but not much. I'll share the little that I have here soon.
Old 02-16-14, 08:25 PM
emoFTW
Driver

Phew! Finally got the transmission pulled the other night!

tonight the wife and I were pulling the fuel tank and trying to figure out how to run the fuel lines. Finally got some warm weather here so I figured I would take advantage of it!
Old 02-16-14, 08:43 PM
emoFTW
Driver

Heres Everything I have at the moment that is patiently waiting to go in. I think I may be missing a few things.

Amazing Quality, they took care of the "dead pedal" issue I was having with my ls400 bbk!

Fuel Lab FPR/gauge I got for Christmas from my brothers and sister!

Billet Tensioner made by Jordan Lynch, good quality!

BC Valve Springs and billet retainers!
Old 02-16-14, 09:04 PM
emoFTW
Driver

Now the fun begins....

Removed the whole exhaust system and down pipe, and also removed the rear diff to be replaced with a TT auto diff!

Tearing about the interior, which I don't really like doing.

Transmission dropped

Stock tank removed (very easy task)

Here's the sumped tank that is going in. -12 bung welded onto the bottom which will be gravity fed into the external pump. The other whole is the -6 return.

OEM Modified tank now back in!

-12 feed

Last edited by emoFTW; 02-16-14 at 09:08 PM.
Old 02-16-14, 09:10 PM
emoFTW
Driver

That's all the updates I have for today, sorry nothing good yet lol.

I'm a little motivated to get this thing done and tuned by TX2K... Not 100% sure if that's going to happen or not...

Thanks for Looking!

Lee
Old 02-16-14, 09:31 PM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I love the way this thread is going. Also does your wife have any sisters lol ?? thats awesome that your wife helps you out with your car.

Quick Reply: emoFTW Build thread 1JZ/6766/272's/FIC 2150s/AEM/E85