Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

AdamWhy's VIP GS Build from standard. (UK)

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-13, 02:26 PM
AdamWhy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AdamWhy's VIP GS Build from standard. (UK)

Hey guys, a quick post to introduce my new project. My name is Adam and i live in Wales in Great Britain. The VIP scene isn't that big over here, which is one of the reasons why I chose a GS project. (Parts are scarce in the UK so will be ordering parts from the US and Japan)

Major plans for a Junction Produce themed VIP GS which is long over due! (wanted to start this project for over 4 years)

I currently have a Black on Black 1998 GS300. which was purchased several weekends ago for a bargain price.

The car is immaculate both inside and out, and currently sitting on expensive coilovers (came with the car) which is a massive advantage to the project! (hoping to run air eventually)

Here's a couple of quick snaps i took last night (sorry for the poor quality, Apple really need to install better cameras on their devices!)

Ive added some minor comforts i.e. cushions to motivate me to get this project done!

I am getting the rear fogs on boot smoothed out in the next few months as I think they ruin the look of the car for me, So i just blew them over in Black Onyx for the time being.

I'm in a massive conundrum in wheel size, Ive heard mixed reviews on 18's vs19's (20s are not my scene)

I have been offered a set of Stitch Fabulous 18s similar to the SSR and WALD wheels, but they are 18s. I don't want to be wasting my money on 18s if going to be ending up buying 19s.

I have several other parts on a shopping list, Chrome trunk bar, Rear LED taillights and i have already ordered JP curtains for the front and rear.

Anyway, I thought I'd get the thread started and ill keep you all up to date with my progress! I welcome all advice and criticism.
Old 10-10-13, 05:59 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My advice? Do all your routine maint first, then work on suspension mods, then wheels, then the kit. Neck pads, curtains etc.. Waste of money and do not make you 'VIP'. That word is tossed around way to much nowadays and hardly means anything. Take it from someone who's been there and done that. Don't waste your money and save it to spend on the real mods.

Like go get a retro done, upgraded tail lights, a nice 01+ grill, a nice exhaust and maybe an LED interior light setup. These are all smaller cheaper modifications you could do to a stock GS to make a huge difference in looks and have it looking 100x better.
Old 10-10-13, 11:10 AM
SprtDesign
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LuxuryGS3
My advice? Do all your routine maint first, then work on suspension mods, then wheels, then the kit. Neck pads, curtains etc.. Waste of money and do not make you 'VIP'. That word is tossed around way to much nowadays and hardly means anything. Take it from someone who's been there and done that. Don't waste your money and save it to spend on the real mods.

Like go get a retro done, upgraded tail lights, a nice 01+ grill, a nice exhaust and maybe an LED interior light setup. These are all smaller cheaper modifications you could do to a stock GS to make a huge difference in looks and have it looking 100x better.
This should be quoted for truth.
Old 10-10-13, 01:35 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Nice. You guys in the UK always doing good stuff...
Old 10-10-13, 01:59 PM
Revive
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome! The JP stuffs look kinda funky.
Old 10-10-13, 02:24 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with LuxuryGS3 also! Important to have a car that performs as is should before doing modification ^_^
Old 10-10-13, 02:27 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

nice. black on black. interior looks clean
Old 10-10-13, 03:37 PM
AdamWhy
Driver School Candidate

I appreciate the fact the JP accessories don't make the vehicle 'VIP'

I had all the stuff already from a previous vehicle (I had a VIP Honda SMX Lowdown with Fabulous kit) which is why i put them to use on the GS.

They are not classed as mods just items i already had laying around.

I will be fitting the TTE front lip this weekend so will post some pics when that's done.
Old 10-11-13, 01:35 AM
Riksgs808
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Black on black, RHD....... so cool. Lol. Welcome and GL with vip build.
Old 10-12-13, 09:47 AM
hatteroo
Driver

Good to see another guy from the UK here! You're right I don't see anything VIP or close to it. Only a bunch of kids with cartoonish hatchbacks really. My car is enroute and should have it in a week or two...also trying to find a decent place that can pull fenders and do minor work in the East Anglia area.
Old 10-15-13, 05:29 AM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by hatteroo
Good to see another guy from the UK here! You're right I don't see anything VIP or close to it. Only a bunch of kids with cartoonish hatchbacks really. My car is enroute and should have it in a week or two...also trying to find a decent place that can pull fenders and do minor work in the East Anglia area.
Hatteroo bro, I'm not sure if you saw my reply on Club Aristo but you should checkout Top Coat in Nowrich as that's where my 430 is getting worked on currently. Hopefully it'll be done next week and you can come take a look-see at the work they do.
Old 10-15-13, 11:46 AM
hatteroo
Driver

Originally Posted by NorthStyle
Hatteroo bro, I'm not sure if you saw my reply on Club Aristo but you should checkout Top Coat in Nowrich as that's where my 430 is getting worked on currently. Hopefully it'll be done next week and you can come take a look-see at the work they do.
Weird I don't have any Pms from you on there. Anyways yah I'll have to check them out then. I'm having my JP grill repainted there (bought it in japan and the previous owner sprayed the outer edge a champagne color) and depending on how they do then also my mirror covers too.
What are you getting done there?
Old 10-15-13, 12:21 PM
AdamWhy
Driver School Candidate

OK to get back on track with the build thread, I machine polished and waxed the whole car this weekend to see which panels are going to require painting.

I'm very happy with the results and there is a lot less work than I assumed would be required.

(The dirt is actually on the ground, not the paintwork!)

Shortly after the paint reconditioning, It decided to rain (typical UK weather) so I did not get a chance to fit my TTE front lip.

This will be affixed to the vehicle this weekend, and some progress pictures posted to help you guys.
Old 10-15-13, 12:24 PM
AdamWhy
Driver School Candidate

I forgot to mention, I also added a US size rear plate, which I think looks much better.

LED rear taillights and number plate lights are also ordered and awaiting deliver from the States!
Old 10-15-13, 12:57 PM
hatteroo
Driver

Yeah I do prefer the US sized plates better as well. nice shine job.

Quick Reply: AdamWhy's VIP GS Build from standard. (UK)