Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

Revive 2003 Sport Design Boring Build

Old 04-10-14, 06:02 PM
Revive
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Dropped off my car to my friend's shop this afternoon to have the fenders painted. Going to utilize the facility while it's there to build a better trunk setup for my air ride. I also FINALLY got around to fixing my armrest as well.

I also said farewell to my E28 BMW this week. Such a fun little winter car! Sold for a steal of a price to a military family in need of some reliable wheels. It shall be missed!

Last edited by Revive; 12-30-15 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-11-14, 05:35 PM
Revive
Lead Lap

For those of you cutting holes in your front towers to gain upper ball joint clearance- Here's a picture I took today with my fender off:

Those metal tabs are sitting on top of the tire. I am running Nagisa Auto front upper arms, which have maybe a little more clearance than stock. Regardless I don't see any reason to cut holes when you're just going to make contact with a handful of other areas and not sit any lower... Just some food for thought!

(Not that anyone pays attention to my boring build anyway lol)

Last edited by Revive; 12-30-15 at 09:29 PM.
Old 04-12-14, 01:20 AM
vbieds
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Revive
For those of you cutting holes in your front towers to gain upper ball joint clearance- Here's a picture I took today with my fender off:

Those metal tabs are sitting on top of the tire. I am running Nagisa Auto front upper arms, which have maybe a little more clearance than stock. Regardless I don't see any reason to cut holes when you're just going to make contact with a handful of other areas and not sit any lower... Just some food for thought!

(Not that anyone pays attention to my boring build anyway lol)

Lol some of us are....
Old 04-12-14, 01:52 AM
clos430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Your car is coming out pretty damn clean! Would like to see some video when it's all done.
Old 04-12-14, 08:04 AM
tiger4life
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Fenders look good. I thought about buying those for the longest but never pulled the trigger. They look great with the lower cap molded.

Where did you get the armrest cover from?
Attached Thumbnails Revive 2003 Sport Design Boring Build-img2001a.jpg  
Old 04-12-14, 03:29 PM
Revive
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by clos430
Your car is coming out pretty damn clean! Would like to see some video when it's all done.
Thanks! My friend working at the shop where my car is does some pretty nice photog work on the side. I've always wanted him to do stills and some video just never felt the car was worthy.

Originally Posted by tiger4life
Fenders look good. I thought about buying those for the longest but never pulled the trigger. They look great with the lower cap molded.

Yea I went back and forth on getting them for probably a year til I just went for it! Depending on what aero kit I eventually go with I might have to mold the lower caps on. Not quite at that point yet though. Here's a link to the ebay seller I bought my cover from:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-GS-300...6a7b4d&vxp=mtr

I wanted a legitimate leather replacement. As far as I can tell it looks, feel, and definitely smells like real leather. With the Chemical Guys conditioner it's darkened up quite a bit to match the rest of the interior. Plus it smells awesome. Even use it on my couches and recliner!

Old 04-13-14, 05:24 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dude. Nice build not too many bagged GS's on boost.
Old 04-13-14, 06:25 PM
Revive
Lead Lap

Thanks! I never really felt like my car fit into any niche. It's no garage queen and I just do what I want. I like to enjoy the perspective from behind the wheel just as much as staring at it from the outside.
Old 04-13-14, 09:20 PM
vipXjunky
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Revive
Thanks! I never really felt like my car fit into any niche. It's no garage queen and I just do what I want. I like to enjoy the perspective from behind the wheel just as much as staring at it from the outside.
this quote right there says a thousand words man. I highly respect those who build for the love of the car. Doesn't have to be a show car, just have fun with your hard earned money!

BTW, the car is looking nice, I've probably said it before, but its the truth lol. as for your photoshopped kit, I like the second one you did (in the middle)
Old 04-14-14, 05:06 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

I agree the second pic is a win for me .
Old 04-14-14, 06:52 AM
Mrmartin
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was reading the Chemical Guys reviews. Everyone says the cleaner is great but the conditioner wasn't that great; i.e. wiped off very easy, doesn't really soak in well but has a great scent. How did it work for you? I want to re-clean my interior and the stuff from the auto parts store doesn't do a good job.
Old 04-14-14, 10:07 PM
Revive
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mrmartin
I was reading the Chemical Guys reviews. Everyone says the cleaner is great but the conditioner wasn't that great; i.e. wiped off very easy, doesn't really soak in well but has a great scent. How did it work for you? I want to re-clean my interior and the stuff from the auto parts store doesn't do a good job.
I love the stuff! I use a microfiber for cleaner and massage the conditioner in by hand.

Meanwhile at the shop...

Last edited by Revive; 12-30-15 at 09:41 PM.
Old 04-15-14, 01:46 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by tiger4life

what body kit is this?
Old 04-15-14, 06:00 AM
Revive
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tmf2004
what body kit is this?
Auto Couture or Version Select not sure. It's V8Aristo's car:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/6444516-post13.html

After hunting down more pictures of his beautiful car, I think I gotta pass on doing the same kit. I don't really want to replicate anyone's car, which is tough because there's not many body kits that I like!

Guess I'll just continue to "wing it".
Old 04-15-14, 07:32 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

i certainly remember those pics... So many options for body kits if your willing to put down the $$$.. there's always JOB design and many different Auto couture kits...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Revive 2003 Sport Design Boring Build