Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ohh new goodies?! Decided to keep it?
Old 10-30-15, 10:36 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hayce
Ohh new goodies?! Decided to keep it?
Yeah I've got a bumper in the next Origin shipment due around early December so see if that looks any good.. Decided it's not really worth selling so yeah, keep it. Need something semi reliable lol
Old 11-01-15, 03:59 PM
nelson09
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mlracing
Yeah I've got a bumper in the next Origin shipment due around early December so see if that looks any good.. Decided it's not really worth selling so yeah, keep it. Need something semi reliable lol
I've been so close to dumping mine - especially during the suspension revamp, but after looking around at different cars ucf20, ucf30, 3rd gen GS, LS460, w211 e classes and w220 s classes, and now having this 2nd gen GS as my reference point I've decided the same. It's a good all around car and having it in hand, nothing else (right now) seems like a good move. These cars are great! Love yours, can't wait to see the new bumper!!!
Old 11-02-15, 09:57 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nelson09
I've been so close to dumping mine - especially during the suspension revamp, but after looking around at different cars ucf20, ucf30, 3rd gen GS, LS460, w211 e classes and w220 s classes, and now having this 2nd gen GS as my reference point I've decided the same. It's a good all around car and having it in hand, nothing else (right now) seems like a good move. These cars are great! Love yours, can't wait to see the new bumper!!!
Yeah pretty much, even if I sold this would still need to replace it so might as well just keep it.

Even though I have two other rather old cars floating around one still does need to ensure the most reliable form of transport is taken care of..

When I had my last basic alignment done a little while ago the tech said that the rear toe couldn't be completely perfect because one of the arms was bent! No idea how that happened but figured may as well upgrade them while I was in there!

Now just need to get those installed and get another alignment.. oh and find some more daily wheels!
Old 11-21-15, 01:19 AM
mlracing
Intermediate

So recently I sold my Auto Couture wheels that I had and almost sold the tyres that were with them but I picked up these today so I can get a wof.

Hyperion (some Japanese made wheel) 19x8.5 / 19x9.5 with very good tyres on. I'll get some 25mm spacers all around as well because it's going to look super sunk in.

Also, as part of a deal I snagged some new front vented fenders that actually fit properly and a different boot wing. Pictures coming soon of those.
Old 11-21-15, 09:10 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Installed today!

I could get spacers or maybe I won't because.. money and don't really care haha
Old 11-26-15, 11:20 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

So previously I mentioned about front fenders and different wing as part of the deal with the wheels.. I had a hunch they were but..

Bingo! Stoked as. They have some red coloured mesh in them which is weird so I'll probably paint over that at some stage. And the previous owner painted some of the vent area black which I don't actually mind that much.

Fitted them up, not 100% happy with the fit around the bottom vent, need to somehow get it another couple mm closer to close the door gap to match above. Otherwise the fit is very good. I did have to do quite a bit of trimming at the bottom for the extra vent bits to fit with the side skirts though.

The other part was the wing, Silk Blaze to be precise! Look at all the gunk under the old one. Pulling off the tape was a mission and wrecked the vinyl haha. Oh well it'll be covered by the other wing and/or changed in the future at some stage.
Old 11-26-15, 11:30 PM
Zoolander
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Loving it.
Old 12-16-15, 09:26 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Decided to fit up the Silk Blaze wing I got a little while back as had a bit of spare time this afternoon. On the way up the driveway one of the front little guard liner things ejecto seated so I took them both off. Figured it'd happen at some stage.

This tape is the **** for sticking stuff like wings on.

Washed the car and went for a drip dry drive because I'm lazy. Couple pictures of it fitted up. Little hard to do with only one person and due to that the left side is not quite sitting exactly where it should be but it's not going to go anywhere and you'd only notice if you looked close up for ages so it's good enough for now.

Dat wheel fitment
Old 12-17-15, 02:27 PM
Revive
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Profile shot is playing tricks on me and it looks like 18f/19r stagger lol.
Old 12-18-15, 02:43 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Revive
Profile shot is playing tricks on me and it looks like 18f/19r stagger lol.
Haha definitely 19" all round, maybe a little rake to the front that makes it look like that
Old 12-18-15, 08:16 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Needed to do an oil change on the car, and as I have no flat ground/can't be bothered these days I take it down to my mates shop (YSM Workshop for those in NZ). Also while I was there I had some Megan Racing rear toe arms installed to resolve a problem with rear toe on the right side. The car had been in an accident prior and the adjustment for the toe arm was damaged. There is clear evidence under the car of the accident too so perhaps the repair was quick/average. That means it was crashed in on both sides.. >_<

After the arms installed, had it aligned at another friend's shop. At least the steering wheel is pretty much straight now, car is back to doing some odd vibrations and feeling like the wheels are not round so I give up! Probably part of that due to me always buying cheap wheels/tyres haha.. but I'll just use the excuse the car isn't straight due to crashes which could also be a bit true..
Old 12-20-15, 03:09 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

she's looking great!
Old 01-02-16, 09:50 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

While not an update to the car I had my Skyline out and parked it in just the right spot.. self squad photo haha

The following users liked this post:
SamsonLow (10-12-17)

Quick Reply: 1999 Lexus GS300 from New Zealand!