Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

1999 Lexus GS300 from New Zealand!

Old 12-01-14, 08:52 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A couple things arrived today!

Megan Racing front upper arms to adjust for mad cambers

Also some gold Blackworks Racing wheel nuts.. was planning to use them but I don't think they're a good match now.

Now I'm wondering what to do.. probably will end up getting some new silver/OEM spec type wheel nuts. They seem to look the best without causing too much clash of colour.
Old 12-02-14, 02:19 AM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think they'll look fine once on the car. The reason they stand out so much now is because of their size (they attract the eye more when compared to the wheel bolts) and also because you're only looking at the wheels themselves, as opposed to when you're viewing the wheels in relation to the car, for example.

Try this: Test mount them on the car like you did previously, then stand back a few feet and view the overall picture.
Old 12-02-14, 01:30 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NorthStyle
I think they'll look fine once on the car. The reason they stand out so much now is because of their size (they attract the eye more when compared to the wheel bolts) and also because you're only looking at the wheels themselves, as opposed to when you're viewing the wheels in relation to the car, for example.

Try this: Test mount them on the car like you did previously, then stand back a few feet and view the overall picture.
You could be right. Once the rears are done and I have tyres on them I will fit it to the car and see..
Old 12-19-14, 03:45 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Haven't done much on the car at the moment just driving it around and waiting on other stuff to be done. I've decided to re-use some tyres I have in storage as the paint bill will probably be larger than I anticipate so need to save the cash! So the 10" front will get 235/35. Should help with fitting then in once I get the camber arms installed as well. The rear doesn't matter so much about stretch etc but I have some Advan A048 tyres to go on those haha.

Was hoping to get the rear wheels back yesterday but not quite completed yet.. mufflers not yet arrived.. waiting for stuff sucks T_T
Old 12-21-14, 03:23 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Washed the car yesterday (wooo big news right?) But then I still had a little bit of time to kill in the afternoon so I Installed (poorly) the new front lip that I will be using..

Helps to bring the side skirt in line with the front now as before the front was higher. Accentuates the empty space between front lip and ground though.. lol

Oh, heres's the under side of the old lip which was not as low as this one..almost worn through

Just need to get the fog lights back in there, bit of a tricky job as the lip goes into the space where the lights go but I can just trim that off.
Old 12-21-14, 04:06 PM
Ava92
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't wait to see it painted

What brand are those front fenders?
Are they wider than stock? Are they fiberglass? Is the vent functional? (mainly just worried if road gravel will fly out and chip the paint)
Old 12-22-14, 05:49 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ava92
Can't wait to see it painted

What brand are those front fenders?
Are they wider than stock? Are they fiberglass? Is the vent functional? (mainly just worried if road gravel will fly out and chip the paint)
Yes I'm waiting for my painter to get back to me with the big price T_T

Not sure on the fenders; were used on Yahoo but seller did not have any info. No branding so unsure. I think they maybe only 10-15mm wider if anything; it's a tight fit. The vents help to ventilate my tyre hahah
Old 12-22-14, 06:06 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Not even lowered much and lol.. coming out of my driveway

Also great news, rear wheels are completed; I just need to collect them
Old 01-06-15, 03:09 AM
mlracing
Intermediate

So fun things happened! I picked up the other pair of wheels which was being refinished and had some tyres fitted.

They're full polish with gold dipped hardware. Rear tyres for this day were Advan AD08 255-35.

For the front originally I was going to get camber arms for the top; when I installed the wheels and dropped it right down though they tuck in perfectly! Pictured is pretty much full low without taking out spring perches and stuff but I raised it about 15mm to drive; no issue.

The rear however.. when I lowered it down quite far and took it off the jack the tyre hits the guard haha. So for that day I raised it up but I have some 225-35 tyres which I will put on there. That should resolve that.

You can see rear is raking quite a bit.. last photo just for fun; I saw it in my neighbourhood so decided to take a comparison!

Also; I've decided to wrap the car as my painter is unable to paint the car any time soon. Satin pearl white 3M wrap; quite excited !
Old 01-06-15, 03:47 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

looking forward to the wrap...
Old 01-06-15, 04:01 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tmf2004
looking forward to the wrap...
Likewise, dropping it in this weekend
Old 01-06-15, 10:58 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Was starting to get worried about if these would arrive in time but I had a nice surprise arrive this afternoon!

Aimgain BF-Class mufflers to match the rear bumper! I was super happy to find these and purchased without hesitation.

They must use different tips for the same mufflers or perhaps they have these adjustments so you can angle it depending on how you have setup the bumper.. not sure. Nifty though.

As they're muffler only they simply bolt onto the factory system Fujitsubo system out, factory + Aimgain in!

This will happen on Saturday, along with changing my tyres. I have arranged to take the car to the wrap shop on Sunday so sometime before that I just need to take off the front lip and get it fitting exactly right as well as get the front foglights fitting as well.

It's all go, just in the nick of time !
Old 01-06-15, 11:34 PM
nelson09
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice parts and I dig the gold hardware - nice touch!!!
Old 01-07-15, 02:57 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nelson09
Nice parts and I dig the gold hardware - nice touch!!!
Thanks! I'm getting excited about everything now !
Old 01-08-15, 02:00 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

nice exhaust.. These look like a much better fit for your rear bumper....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1999 Lexus GS300 from New Zealand!