Search this Thread

Old 09-30-14, 03:09 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
now you tell me lol
Sure just PM me if you find some stuff you want

Had word back from wheel re-conditioners today, going ahead with gold bolts. I tried to buy some new ones from WEDS but they won't sell them Only if they do the whole job themselves which obviously isn't going to work..

Could go with the universal type ones but then it wouldn't say WEDS on it and it's all about the detail! So I've found out that gold plating some of the silver ones that I have from other sets is not too expensive; will do that for the other 2 wheel's worth.
Old 10-06-14, 02:17 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

So our aero container arrived over the weekend and inside it was a new rear wing I don't have a good photo of this yet as the other one is still on the car.. but I did manage to win these on the weekend..

Aimgain mufflers! I've needed these ever since I got the Aimgain bumper as they're the correct size for the space in the bumper. They also look as though they could bolt up to OEM mid pipe which would make it super easy because I like bolt on stuff

Fenders should be here in the next week or so hopefully as well.
Old 10-14-14, 02:52 AM
mlracing
Intermediate

Decided to have a look what the new wing would look like.. it needs to be properly fixed on of course but I think it looks pretty sweet.

Took off the roof wing as well as it was starting to come up at the edges again and will fly off shortly if I didn't remove it. Tends to do that as the wing is slightly warped at the edges.. deciding if I should go for a smaller roof wing and large rear wing this time..
Old 10-26-14, 04:46 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

So yesterday embarked on a mega mission..

The good news is...

Ricer vent fenders are mounted! They're not quite as wide as the flared ones I had on there so I will probably need to get the Megan Racing upper arms to pull the wheel in when I have the new wheels on there.. Otherwise looks ok. Little bit of damage around one of the corners and needs more work to be a better fit but I just put them on for now so I can drive around without having a smashed in fender. Painter can complete the job.

What you would notice is I still have the OEM bumper.. well that other bumper I got turned out to be not even close to fitting even with quite a lot of trimming there were big gaps all over the place and it just wasn't working out. So new plan, I have lip kits in stock so will get a different bumper (or fill in the washer holes on this one) and mount one of those lips on. That will do for now as I don't have time / too cheap to pay for air freight on a different bumper before show times.

Also annoyingly it seems one of my headlights has gained a condensation problem.. for no particular reason >_< Looking at getting some Vertex edition HID lights instead.. will see if it resolves itself first hah, maybe it will dry out.
Old 10-27-14, 08:00 AM
boostedsi
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks really good man, gotta love yahoo auctions
Old 11-11-14, 05:46 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by boostedsi
looks really good man, gotta love yahoo auctions
Oh yes, it's kind of a blessing and a curse using it on a daily basis for customers haha..

Some things are happening

Old 11-13-14, 12:18 AM
Gskis
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Favorite GS thread ever whats the name of your new exhaust?
Old 11-13-14, 04:42 AM
Lutkis
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Kränze's look goooood.
Especially with those gold bolts.
Old 11-13-14, 12:37 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Gskis
Favorite GS thread ever whats the name of your new exhaust?
Thanks! New mufflers are Aimgain; same as the rear bumper so it will fit in the gap properly.

Originally Posted by Lutkis
Kränze's look goooood.
Especially with those gold bolts.
Cheers, I agree; needed something to break up the silver. And those are just the fronts
Old 11-15-14, 07:35 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Had a bit of spare time today..

So the front will need some camber; will order some Megan Racing camber arms for that this week. Not too much though; probably will be similar to the rear which will be a good look.

Both front mocked up so I can get an idea of the look. Not bad.. you'll notice the wings are missing.. they'll be reinstalled don't worry. Definitely needs some wing action for sure.

Couple of comparison shots

I'm 19x10 all around but you can see the difference in offset.. rear on the left.

Left is the chromed, right is the polished. Have to say I'm pretty chuffed with the outcome of the wheels, chrome look basically which is what I was going for

Now the hard part... what colour wheel nuts? T_T. I think gold as well.. I tried with chrome/silver ones but it just looks a bit average.
Old 11-16-14, 11:27 PM
Lutkis
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mlracing
Now the hard part... what colour wheel nuts? T_T. I think gold as well.. I tried with chrome/silver ones but it just looks a bit average.
Go with gold.

I'm going with gold bolts too next summer.
Old 11-17-14, 12:46 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

I think gold will be the way to go.. just wondering will it clash with the bolts already haha
Old 11-17-14, 03:46 PM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From both of your pictures, Lutkis' bolts look like a pretty good match to the bolts you're using on the Weds... although if they're a shade or two off I doubt it'd be a severe clash.
Old 11-17-14, 11:27 PM
Lutkis
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NorthStyle
although if they're a shade or two off I doubt it'd be a severe clash.
That's true. There's pretty much two options to go with. Either with anodized aluminum lug nuts or painted/powder coated steel lug nuts.
There comes the difference in color too.
Old 11-18-14, 01:36 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Lutkis
That's true. There's pretty much two options to go with. Either with anodized aluminum lug nuts or painted/powder coated steel lug nuts.
There comes the difference in color too.
Yeah will definitely be the anodised options as we have a supplier that does them for a good price Would be much cheaper than getting some powder coated over here

Quick Reply: 1999 Lexus GS300 from New Zealand!