1999 Lexus GS300 from New Zealand!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-14, 04:17 AM
mlracing
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
thought you had these wheels already?
I have 6 of them now, was waiting for this more aggressive pair to arrive before refurbing the other pair I will use on the front
Old 07-20-14, 12:45 AM
mlracing
Intermediate

I wasn't really going to work on the car this weekend because of the weather/couldn't be bothered but I didn't have anything to do today so I thought I'd have a go fitting up the Aimgain rear bumper. It's even more pain in the *** than I remembered from taking the bumper off previously.. things like this need a lift !

Couple of shots fitted.

The mufflers will now become a bit of a problem. As you can see the bumper sits on top of the muffler now as they're the wrong shape for the space in the bumper. I will need to find some oval shape ones to fill better.

There are a few parts where the fitting is not quite up to where I'd like it to be. I suspect some of this is due to my amateur fitting skill and not mounting all of the mounts properly.. also on the right side there are a couple of mounts which are a bit broken.

Left side near tail light.

Strangely, the gap under the right tail light is larger than the left.. maybe due to the broken mounts on this side not too sure.

Left side again, bit further along. There are some mounts which are not attached from the OEM bumper as well on this one. Panelbeater will need to switch those from OEM part to this one.

Overall not too bad, I was never really a big fan of how pronounced the lip was on the other bumper and always had the plan to have a full bumper replacement at some stage.. next the front.. or maybe a new battery; seems like having the boot open most of the day runs the battery out haha
Old 07-20-14, 01:31 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

i like that bumper.. goes well with the GS...
Old 08-22-14, 01:05 AM
mlracing
Intermediate

i like that bumper.. goes well with the GS...
Yeah has definitely grown on me now!

So on Monday the car started acting a bit strange, power steering dropping intermittently, charge light came on and off and the aircon would turn off by itself sometimes. Google research suggested I have cancer and also that it could be either a tensioner, belt or crank pulley. Crank pulley being the worst possible scenario but also the one that it ended up being..

This is the aftermath of crank pulley. Basically the accessories are run off the same serpentine belt which runs around the smaller bit that has come apart. So when the crank spins the belt does not, causing the problems.

Also..

Had Toyota fit up my Megan Racing lower arms and align it all, I think they raised the car because it doesn't scrape on my drive so bad..better drop it down again and wreck the alignment hahah! Toe is much much better now, happy with that!

Additionally had cambelt changed and a leaky cam seal/pulley which was changed at the same time. Oh, and had it serviced.. car better not complain for the next year now !
Old 08-23-14, 07:41 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Old 08-24-14, 10:32 AM
Ava92
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it just doesn't stop huh Love both the bumpers
Old 08-24-14, 02:48 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ava92
it just doesn't stop huh Love both the bumpers
Haha always gotta have something on the go !
Old 08-25-14, 01:26 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

luv that front bumper...
Old 09-08-14, 03:55 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Time to do some out sourcing! Shipping the faces of two fronts that I will use and the outer lips to wheel refinishers.

They gave me some rough pricing via email and it seems the most cost effective will be to polish the centres and the lips rather than chrome the centres which is notoriously expensive. Also asking them pricing of anodising the outer bolts gold as one pair of wheels already had gold bolts so either do that or have them chromed/silver anodised..

Once I have an idea of the pricing on the front pair will remove tyres from the rear pair and send them the faces/outer lips also. Those ones are chromed so will need to be stripped as well first to match the polished.
Old 09-26-14, 10:54 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

So..

Someone decided at some stage last night they didn't like my fenders so crashed into it. Hit and run, suspect it did not happen during the day or we would've heard it as the car is not so far from the house but currently parked on the road.

Oh well, just ordered these
Old 09-27-14, 08:13 PM
Ava92
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those look very cool That sucks about the hit and run but better the front fender than the rear ones I guess!
Old 09-28-14, 03:20 AM
mlracing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ava92
Those look very cool That sucks about the hit and run but better the front fender than the rear ones I guess!
Eck if it were the rear one we'd be in a bit more trouble that's for sure !
Old 09-28-14, 10:45 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

ML , you get all the good and rare parts lol
Old 09-28-14, 03:25 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

ML , you get all the good and rare parts lol
Perks of doing what I do.. can ship stuff from Japan to anywhere in the world as well if anyone is interested in getting stuff from Yahoo
Old 09-30-14, 02:38 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by mlracing
Perks of doing what I do.. can ship stuff from Japan to anywhere in the world as well if anyone is interested in getting stuff from Yahoo
now you tell me lol

Quick Reply: 1999 Lexus GS300 from New Zealand!