99White
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking great mate!
Old 01-18-14, 07:59 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This weekend I was going to work on the Honda but then figured I really need to give this car a nice clean interior and exterior so ended up doing that instead!

Before I started cleaning I thought I would remove the Lexus and GS300 badges from the rear and just leave the middle Lexus logo.. look at the **** underneath!

Problem is.. after some time removing the gunk and **** buildup it has pulled some of the paint off as well which is annoying..

Looks sweet from far away..

Then you get closer.. T_T Those outlines are where the paint has gone.. I have touch up paint on the way.. but the plan in the next couple months is to respray the boot anyway because it's pretty scratched up !

Also had a quick hoon at polishing the lips, worked a bit but the wheels aren't the best condition anyway so really need a refinish.
Old 01-18-14, 08:08 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

you can get those lines removed from the emblems with some rubbing compound..
Old 01-19-14, 03:34 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tmf2004
you can get those lines removed from the emblems with some rubbing compound..
I've tried it already but the lines are actually where the paint is no longer there, it has been removed and you can see layers below.
Old 01-20-14, 02:39 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

yeah, unfortunately, without wetsanding then buffing (and even then you are cutting through layers of paint) you still see where the emblem was. its been there for like 14 years so its tuff to make it disappear
Old 01-20-14, 03:39 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sevenevez
yeah, unfortunately, without wetsanding then buffing (and even then you are cutting through layers of paint) you still see where the emblem was. its been there for like 14 years so its tuff to make it disappear
Yeah and it looks like the boot was never painted again in the past so I guess that's something.. hasn't been damaged to the point it needed a repainted boot

No problem, touch up until respray; that'll do. Don't notice when the car is wet haha
Old 02-06-14, 08:57 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Ok well I got the new hub rings and put them on, maybe makes marginal difference but not much so the next step is install the lower control arms in the rear and have it aligned properly then see what happens.

Also took the car to a mate on the weekend for him to have a squiz at the rear badge stuff but yeah it's respray material. Tried some touch up I got but it was way different haha.. China paint ftl; oh well respray was always on the cards anyway.

On the plus side container is landing this month so new exhaust and front bumper in there.. and also I just won the bid on this Aimgain rear

Planning to put some LEDs in the vents above exhaust I think. Anyway that's still 5-6 months away until the next container gets here.
Old 02-06-14, 10:22 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

nice looking rear bumper... What else is coming in the container lol
Old 02-08-14, 03:09 AM
mlracing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tmf2004
nice looking rear bumper... What else is coming in the container lol
Of my personal parts just the exhaust and front bumper but we arrange parts to ship in container for our customers Although there are some Kranze Bazreia in a good size in there which the customer hasn't paid for yet..

In the next container for personal so far just that bumper... for now..
Old 02-20-14, 02:58 AM
mlracing
Intermediate

So the container is landed now and have had my personal parts collected.. seems like one muffler went missing somewhere in transit (probably still at NZ depot, just need to find it) and the front bumper Aimgain half cut part won't realistically work.. but that was a cheap gamble so I'm not too cut up about it. On the plus side.. Weds Bazreias also arrived

19x9 / 19x10 +32 or similar, can't recall they're in the storage. Wider pair is chrome face but unfortunately one of them has some big chip out of it which is a real shame as the other one is pretty good. Thinking probably have all refinished anyway and make them all chrome face or polished lip and front brushed silver.

This is the Aimgain bumper part.. the seller actually didn't even know what car it was for and it's not wide enough to be for GS/Aristo as it turns out! Also the side has been cut off so it doesn't wrap around at all. No matter, will keep looking for a new front bumper. Pretty set on Aimgain and one will turn up if I'm patient.

Fujitsubo exhaust sans one muffler.. where is it.. we will find out! Decent kink in a bit of the pipe which I was aware of before buying but it was a steal and I can't really see it having a major effect on the overall performance so not fussed there.

So now it's a little bit more waiting to find out that muffler where it's gone then fit that up. Then hmm.. need to repaint the boot but otherwise.. it's going ok for now. Still need to fit the Megan Racing rear lower arms too and give it a bit of a service.
Old 02-26-14, 01:34 AM
mlracing
Intermediate

OK, found the other muffler it's at the depot still. That's all good will get it shipped to me.

Weds as they sit on the car no spacers nothing. Front is actually about right, could maybe go for another 5-10mm but not hugely fussed about that. Rear definitely needs new outer lips to bring that closer to the edge maybe about 20mm more.

Artist impression of aired out.. I don't have air but it's really the only way it could be like that haha. I'd say it would actually be on the ground at this height.
Old 02-26-14, 01:24 PM
Ava92
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good, those are my fav wheels on the 2gs. And i vote for the silver face with polished lip
Old 02-26-14, 02:56 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ava92
Looking good, those are my fav wheels on the 2gs. And i vote for the silver face with polished lip
Thank you. I think polished lip and silver face will be the way to go as well. Full chrome does look good but maybe a bit much in this instance.

Quick Reply: 1999 Lexus GS300 from New Zealand!