Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

1999 Lexus GS300 from New Zealand!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-13, 10:34 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Switched the black painted grill with chrome one on the weekend.. that's about it this weekend!
Old 10-01-13, 02:37 AM
mlracing
Intermediate

Righto so after doing a good lot of guard bashing I've set it to the height that I will be getting it certed at. 340mm all around from centre of the wheel to guard.

I'm going to the track this weekend so dropping the car off to get some panel work done and rust removed from previous poor repair work on the guards as well as (if there's time) fitting up the kit in preparation for paint.
Old 10-05-13, 08:45 AM
VisiSC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car looks really good. Nice job.
Old 10-07-13, 02:18 AM
mlracing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by VisiSC
Car looks really good. Nice job.
Thanks Still much to do before I'm happy with first stage.

So over the weekend I managed to win a FGK exhaust on Yahoo which is pretty sweet, also spied an Aimgain rear bumper today which I'm going to keep my eyes on.. also this happened:

It's mostly steel pulled out and widened then filled etc

Going in again this weekend for finishing up and fitting some body kit pieces
Old 10-15-13, 10:34 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Another weekend another bit done.

Guards are finished now aside from paint. Had to just properly primer them up and make some small adjustments. Side skirt is mocked up as well as you can see. We need to mock up front lip and fix front bumper (has some small bump in it causing a difficulty in lip fitting), fit rear lip and paint.

Also need to figure out which parts to trim for the sides, as you can see there are a couple of bits missing. It fouls on the side skirt to will probably end up cutting back the bottom of the plastic car trim.. not quite sure yet.
Old 10-16-13, 02:41 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

looking good

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Old 10-19-13, 10:47 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tmf2004
looking good

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Thanks! Some of the things are common in the GS world, but not in NZ. There is no VIP scene in NZ so we're trying to create it

Awesome weather today so instead of being sociable I decided to do some more work on the Lexus.

Fitting back the trim on the guard area. This is what I'll end up doing. Just need to cut the bottom bits off the doors and it'll look good. I don't want to remove that bottom trim altogether as it leaves a groove which looks average unless it was filled in; and that costs more money.

Using a highly technical combination of JIF (it's bathroom cleaner with a bit of grit in it for the overseas folk), Silvo (didn't have any Brasso on hand), Scratch X and rags I polished the headlights. Short of sanding and pissing about with that I think they turned out ok.. other side is not as good but way nicer than before. It's amazing what nice clean headlights can do to the front of the car.

Looks like I have an oil leak, possibly rocker cover seal as it seems like a bit of oil hanging around there; any ideas? I can change that seal no worries.. hopefully it's just something easy like that. It's not a major leak though.

Also spent a couple hours fitting up the TTE rep front lip. Using another highly technical combo of D1NZ official body kit install system (cable ties), race tape and some averagely applied silicon goo it's about where I want it to be. Fit is not perfect but I used a heat gun to try and mould it a little bit better. Race tape will be removed tomorrow so hopefully it doesn't fall off. Also it pays to note obviously this is being removed and painted so it's more of a mock up than anything else.

So from here just need to get rear lip back from panel shop and finishing up some of the other trim bits we're good to send to final paint!
Old 10-19-13, 11:11 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

coming along nicely..
Old 10-20-13, 04:36 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

nice progress. lookin good
Old 11-08-13, 10:10 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Mother of god I can't get over how high that looks >_< Sideskirts and rear make such a huge difference! Oh well.. last pics before paint; meeting painter tomorrow hopefully and look to get it painted/lips fitted early Dec.
Old 11-09-13, 08:29 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

not bad... can't remember but can you run spacers to get the wheels more flush?
Old 11-09-13, 10:36 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tmf2004
not bad... can't remember but can you run spacers to get the wheels more flush?
Yeah I can, I'll do that for shows and stuff but for daily drive will keep it like this so the wheels don't hit the guard too much.

Did manage to pop a bead off today though; had the car loaded up with people and went over a big dip, rear left hit the guard and seemed like it's popped off. Also need to get lower arms for the rear asap.. darn thing is all over the place!
Old 11-10-13, 05:13 PM
Ava92
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good. love that NZ scenery. you should post up some photos from a nice scenic location. Here we are swamped with snow ;_;
Old 11-11-13, 03:09 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ava92
Looking good. love that NZ scenery. you should post up some photos from a nice scenic location. Here we are swamped with snow ;_;
Snow already? It's early is it? That is just a local lake around my area; nothing too fancy ;o
Old 12-23-13, 02:34 AM
mlracing
Intermediate

So it's been a little while mainly because just been waiting for painter to become available but now it's done, just in time for Christmas/summer cruising.

So good to have the roof wing back after it flew off ceremoniously on the motorway almost hitting Nathan's car hahaha

I'm really happy with how the paint turned out and how it's all one colour now is a bonus. Still a couple touch up bits to complete early in 2014. This will be all that is done this year but next year things will change again!

Plans so far for 2014:
Fit Megan Racing rear LCAs that we have in stock and complete wheel alignment
Fit Aimgain front bumper that's on the way
Fit Fujitsubo (I think it was Fujitsubo) exhaust that's on the way
Looking for new rear bumper
Refurbish wheels
Tint
General touch ups

This year is just the start

Last edited by mlracing; 12-23-13 at 02:39 AM.

Quick Reply: 1999 Lexus GS300 from New Zealand!