Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

2014 is250 vs 350 - carbon build up Q & 0-60 times

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-14, 05:01 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Ang89
Thanks so much!! I'm still debating -_-. I know I'm a girl, but I'm very OCD and baby everything I own--and I love to research things in depth before I start talking/making decisions. When you say short driving, are you talking about non-freeway driving? This car (and future cars, hah) will be used to commute (20-40 mins 2x a day), mostly freeway. So happy to hear you haven't had any issues with your '08!!
Nice to see some rare female presence in this male dominated topic of cars. I'm very thorough as well when it comes to making any purchase but in the end when it comes to cars, I keep sticking to Lexus as they are the best on reliability (among other things nowadays like styling and performance) . Don't let the internet scare you on carbon buildup as it's not as common a problem as it appears, especially on newer cars (and more so Lexus). Have you ever searched the web for a headache with results saying you have a tumor, infection, you're dying? Remember, it's the exception.

Short trips that I refer to would be like driving a mile to your corner store with a cold engine, repeated several times per day. If you would use this car as a taxi for instance, well that's where the constant idling, on/off, short trips, and stresses and strains would increase the risk of sludge and carbon buildup in a DI engine-equipped car. If you're putting (I'm guesstimating) 40-50 miles per day mostly highway, that's practically ideal. Good luck and keep us posted on your choice!
Old 01-18-14, 02:54 PM
Ang89
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Nice to see some rare female presence in this male dominated topic of cars. I'm very thorough as well when it comes to making any purchase but in the end when it comes to cars, I keep sticking to Lexus as they are the best on reliability (among other things nowadays like styling and performance) . Don't let the internet scare you on carbon buildup as it's not as common a problem as it appears, especially on newer cars (and more so Lexus). Have you ever searched the web for a headache with results saying you have a tumor, infection, you're dying? Remember, it's the exception.

Short trips that I refer to would be like driving a mile to your corner store with a cold engine, repeated several times per day. If you would use this car as a taxi for instance, well that's where the constant idling, on/off, short trips, and stresses and strains would increase the risk of sludge and carbon buildup in a DI engine-equipped car. If you're putting (I'm guesstimating) 40-50 miles per day mostly highway, that's practically ideal. Good luck and keep us posted on your choice!
Thanks for not biting my head off, despite being a new female member. Well, I live in SF By Area, and sometimes it's usually stop-and-go in the city. But I do drive on the freeway daily.

UPDATE: I just got back from a Lexus dealership and they are ordering me a 2014 Lexus IS250!!!!!
It's being built in Japan RIGHT NOW, and it should arrive sometime around Valentine's Day

I'm so excited!!! I spoke to a technical guy at the dealership and he said 2014's IS 250 has been completely redesigned, including the engine, so the components causing the "carbon" issue were apparently addressed. Either way, I won't be fronting ANY bill if the carbon issue does happen to arise.

I'll start a new thread once I pick up the car and make sure to snap some photos! I chose the Starlight Pearl Exterior with Flaxen Interior.
Old 01-19-14, 03:17 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Congrats Ang89! You made a great choice. Looking forward to seeing you post in this forum and of course pics of your new IS.
Old 02-17-14, 02:57 PM
richng
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ang89
Thanks for not biting my head off, despite being a new female member. Well, I live in SF By Area, and sometimes it's usually stop-and-go in the city. But I do drive on the freeway daily.

UPDATE: I just got back from a Lexus dealership and they are ordering me a 2014 Lexus IS250!!!!!
It's being built in Japan RIGHT NOW, and it should arrive sometime around Valentine's Day

I'm so excited!!! I spoke to a technical guy at the dealership and he said 2014's IS 250 has been completely redesigned, including the engine, so the components causing the "carbon" issue were apparently addressed. Either way, I won't be fronting ANY bill if the carbon issue does happen to arise.

I'll start a new thread once I pick up the car and make sure to snap some photos! I chose the Starlight Pearl Exterior with Flaxen Interior.
Hi there, which dealership did you ended up going to? Any updates on the Carbon build issue?
I heard any engine with direct injection will have some carbon build issue.
Old 08-01-14, 01:09 PM
lexicanto
Driver School Candidate

Are these IS 250 vs IS 200t 0-60 times predicted by Torque News realistic?

Our Final Predictions: IS 200t Rear-Wheel Drive 6.5 seconds 0-60 MPH IS 200t All-Weather Drive 7.0 Seconds 0-60 MPH
http://www.torquenews.com/1083/upcom...-faster-60-mph
Old 11-03-14, 09:18 PM
AniMinas
Driver School Candidate

Default Done to Death, I Know.

Hey guys, brand new to CL and brand new Lesee of a 2014 Lexus IS250 F-Sport. This topic has been done to death, I know but I'd appreciate your guys' input.

Back in February, I leased an obsidian black 2014 lexus IS250 F-Sport with Rioja interior. There are some very minor cosmetic issues with the F-Sport steering wheel badge, but I've realized that nothing is perfect.

I'm having a hell of a time deciding whether I should keep the car when the lease is up in a year and a half or opt for an IS350. I love my car, no questions asked and there are so many things I want to do to it like powder coat the stock rims black, paint the calipers red, install front bumper splitter spoilers, a trunk spoiler, a roof spoiler, F-Sport intake system, F-Sport exhaust system and, eventually, a CF steering wheel that may or may not have the F-Sport steering wheel badge.

Dilemma? I drive a lot. I commute to west la in heavy traffic everyday and the mileage allowance of my 2-year lease is 20,000 miles, yeah right.

Should I just keep my 250 and do all the customizations that I want on it while obsessing over the scratch on my steering wheel badge or somehow try to keep the mileage down and buy an IS350 when the mileage is up and THEN do all of the above customizations? Or not worth it? I'm itching to get started but I don't know what to do.

Much appreciated, guys.