Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

SERIALNINE GS drift car

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-14, 06:33 PM
MIKE2JZGTE
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im having a episode over this build SO GOD DAMN NICE !!!!!!!
Old 03-21-14, 03:06 PM
SERIALNINE
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay guys I’m really really sorry that I’ve been slacking so hard on this thread

Gerard and I were busy making a whole new kit and front fenders for the MX83 Cressida. The company started by making parts for these cars and we wanted to give people a sleeker more modern looking Cressida. This kit is higher and less aggressive allowing you to run lower or smaller wheels or both. Our good buddy and local videographer Jonny Sundell of BOX One Collective came out to the shop just as we were finishing up the vinyl wrap. The wrap is Oracal 970RA Premium wrapping cast and the colour 908 Aluminum Metallic. I know it aint a Lexus but it is a Toyota sedan....

http://vimeo.com/boxone/streetstyle

I cant embed the video ??? Am I missing something ?

So anyway back to last spring.....while we were doing the work I didn’t stop to take many photos, messy hands, busy doing the actual work etc.... So when Alex Lee was coming to the shop to help with the final assembly and was bringing a photographer I was stoked. Unfortunately it took forever for him to send me the photos months and months of asking and then he deleted himself off Facebook. Anyway I finally got them, a lot less photos then I was hoping for though. So i guess I’ll have to fill the space with words.....

So I last left off with Alex and Rob finishing up the chassis fab and returning it to us at SERIALNINE. We had already written an extensive build plan prior to starting anything on the car, we reviewed what work they had done and discussed what was remaining. The motor had been fired in the car before it got back to our shop but the wiring and fuel lines were just placed anywhere to test the motor. The car sat with all stock suspension, no drive shaft, no windows, no fenders, no trunk, no rad, and no dash. The harness wasn’t finished, the fuel lines need to be re routed, the clutch and brakes masters and reservoirs needed to be plumed, the fire suppression need to be installed and plumbed along with the accusump and the clutch needed to be changed.

This is how we received the car

I have already wrote the next update i'm just arranging the photos I will post it up on Sunday

Thanks
Kevin
SERIALNINE
Old 03-22-14, 10:37 AM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 98gsbrown
so was it a 5 speed or are you drifting it as an automatic? if you changed it over how hard was it? It looks so sexy being sideways!!
It's a GM LS3 in there, a whole lot easier than fitting an r154 on a 1uz etc....

What tranny are you guys using anyways? curious. T56?
Old 03-24-14, 12:20 PM
SERIALNINE
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SC4Paulo
It's a GM LS3 in there, a whole lot easier than fitting an r154 on a 1uz etc....

What tranny are you guys using anyways? curious. T56?
You are correct on both accounts

All of this work was done after our regular 8 hours of SERIALNINE work, With hopes of having a car clean enough to rival even the highest budget builds. So this round started by measuring up the drive shaft length and sending that out to Drive Line specialties to get made. Then we dropped the subframe and removed all the arms and and bushings. Then Gerard drew the replacement solid subframe and diff bushings in solidworks and sent the drawings out to be machined. With the subframe out I re routed the fuel lines and secured them far clear of any of the suspension components or where the drive shaft would be.

Alex was going to use an old S13 rad he had from the JZX81 Cresta, it was fairly beat down and we didn’t trust it. So we got a brand new BeCool rad 35001 and had to make new mounting brackets as this rad was far bigger. While we were modifying the front bash bar I decided to move the accusump. It didn’t make sense I my opinion to have that weigh at the very front nor did it make sense if an accident were to happen. So I moved it to just behind the strut tower where the stock brake master would be.

Fuel starts its journey to combustion in a RCI fuel cell then is sucked through a 10 Micron ORB-10 Fuel Filter by the Aeromotive A1000 pump. After the pump the -10 line feeds one more filter this one is a 100 Micron ORB-10 Fuel Filter before the final -10 feed line to the regulator. The regulator sits opposite the Acusump on the passenger side fire wall.

So here is the engine bay just before we were finished. New rad in place, Accusump moved and all plumbing and wiring ran.

Old 03-24-14, 08:38 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

nice looking engine.
Old 06-16-14, 09:04 PM
articmonke
Rookie

What foam setup or combination of products did you use because I've been trying to do the same process