Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

BernieIS's Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-13, 06:48 AM
BernieIS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BernieIS's Build Thread

Some of you guys and gals have been reading my posts for a while and have heard me speak of the build that I have been working on which has finally gotten to the final stages. I thought that I would post a build thread as I finally feel that the car will be worth looking at. I started this crazy game 12 years ago and as many of us have gone through I had issues with funds to complete the build that I was working on. I was no different. Out of college I bought a 2005 AR IS300 SportDesign and I did some stuff to it over the 5 years that I had it and I really enjoyed it. I still miss it from time to time but I think that is because I have not finished my IS350. Here is the story of my progress with my IS300 and now my IS350.

My IS300 just before I traded it in.

I traded the car in for a 2008 IS350 Sport Package in June of 2011.

Upon buying it I decided that I was only going to put the Volk GTCs from the IS300 on do a lip kit and maybe some springs. That actually lasted for awhile. I picked up a Seibon Carbon Fiber front Ings rep and put that on along with the Volks.

From there I added little things as I went along like the steering damper.

And also the throttle controller from Blitz

When I traded the IS300 in I gave a friend a bunch of parts in exchange for future parts that he was going to make and powder coat for me. Knowing that I would need brakes I sent the calipers to get coated. I ordered EBC pads, Earls Bleeders, DBA Rotors, and Stoptech Stainless Lines for all 4 corners.

While I was waiting for parts to come in from my friend. I found a great deal on an exhaust from Kris at Gotoracingonline.com so I ordered that. I also ordered the Invidia midpipe from him.

Old 04-18-13, 06:48 AM
BernieIS

I also ordered the F-Sport sway set from Sewell which is by far the best mod I have bought on any car to date.

Almost as soon as I was done with the installation of all these parts I got a call from a friend in York, PA that was done with his car. He asked if I wanted to swap some parts and cash for parts. I was interested and then he told me what they were. I was even more interested. I traded my complete interior for his which turned out to be the interior out of the Fox Marketing Twin Turbo ISF. I got the door panels with the silver carbon accents, the center console, and the seats.

He also had some other parts that he wanted to have a good home before his car hit the crusher.
He traded the ISF front and rear brakes along with the custom headlights that were in the green ISC that he also sent to the crusher.

Just before the show season started for the 2012 year my wife used the car because of the navigation to go to a customer. Someone was nice enough to steal the front lip off the car. I was pretty upset so I took the insurance money and added to it to order some new parts. Since I had blown the original plan by getting all these additional parts I never planned on I decided to go as big as I could. I ordered the Aimgain Front Bumper and Fenders for the ISC. The only took 5 months to get to the shop. This pretty much killed all the enthusiasm and momentum that I had going with the modding. The car sat with no lip all winter and was basically abused. My wife and I start building our house in two weeks and I thought about selling the parts and the car. She thought I was crazy. Through out the winter I did get some additional parts that were or were not added depending on how much was involved in putting them on. I had the custom lights from the ISC go bad. Lexus warrantied one of them so I rolled all winter with two different head lights. I ordered the 2012 Led Headlights.

I also ordered the Silver carbon fiber steering wheel to match the other ISF parts.

I also ordered a wald rear wing that will be molded, a GFX rear lip and an ISF style grill.

Since I bought them I sold the GFX lip and replaced it with something I thought more aggressive and that would fit the car better.

As I said earlier I was set on selling it but my wife would never let me after all the work and money put into it. I had planned on originally sending it to the shop in February for all the work to be done but that did not happen. I was going to wait until after the house was done. I drove the car to work April 1st and the car was vandalized pretty badly.

Those pictures do not actually show how much damage was actually done. The entire car has to be repainted. In addition the wheels need to be refinished as they were all sprayed as well.

Since the car was going to be brand new I decided coilovers were in order so I ordered those and installed them. Megan LPs

I went to the shop yesterday and worked with the painter to discuss what I had purchased. Apparently the parts for the ISC OFFICIALLY DO NOT FIT. Luckily he has done work for me in the past and he is a customer of mine, he said he could make them fit. In addition to the fenders not working with the doors the front grill is not the same and not even close. Any way the car is not all that far away from being done. I have new wheels coming which I will share later. Here are the pictures from the shop yesterday. I will continue to add to this as it progresses.

In addition to the standard work required to get all the parts on and painted he is going to do some custom paint and a few other things.

Last edited by BernieIS; 04-18-13 at 08:19 AM.
Old 04-18-13, 09:32 AM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Awesome build, jelly of your bumper and fenders 
Old 04-18-13, 09:37 AM
BernieIS

Thanks. I am of your car too. Love the color and many sets of your wheels.
Old 04-18-13, 09:49 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

I logged on just to post..... DAMN. Your car really has some history to it man, crazy to see allll the things its been through and yet getting back on its feet is what makes it all the better. Glad you didn't quit on the car and I cant wait to see it finished, much respect
Old 04-18-13, 09:50 AM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

Wow nice build thread! Can't wait to see her finished. I almost pulled the trigger on the aimgain fenders too but was afraid that the isc fender was shorter than the 2IS. Aimgain now offers a fender for the 2IS

Front bumper from isc > isx50

Man this builds gonna be so sick!!

You need to get an isc grille. Full conversion to get the bumper to bolt on

Last edited by JoshIS408; 04-18-13 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-18-13, 09:59 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Wow - ever find out who vandalized the car like that? That is insane.

Look forward to seeing the finished project.
Old 04-18-13, 10:00 AM
SB350
Instructor

I was wondering when we were going to see some progress . You've been teasing us with all your purchases for months!

Looks great so far... can't wait to see the result!
Old 04-18-13, 03:23 PM
BernieIS

Thanks guys I appreciate it

Never found out who did it, I am not from the area and do not go there often.

I have been not only teasing you guys, I have been teasing myself.
Old 04-18-13, 03:55 PM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

damn wow....i can't wait to see then end results....
Old 04-19-13, 11:23 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

wow! Can't wait for the final product!
Old 04-19-13, 01:13 PM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

That bumper!!!! :drool:
Old 04-19-13, 01:31 PM
ShawnD
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

buncha (unts spray painting the car like that! You know how I feel about the Aimgain kit...LOVE IT!

Good job homie, can't wait for the finished shots.
Old 04-19-13, 01:34 PM
BernieIS

Thanks for all the love guys. We are not all that far away from the finished product. I will only post final pics once the wheels are in which will take about ten days from order date.
Old 04-19-13, 04:27 PM
LexoticJ
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 43 Posts

Wow this is definitely going to be a very interesting build in the works

Quick Reply: BernieIS's Build Thread