r0shiro's 3IS Build Thread - Page 2 - Club Lexus Forums


r0shiro's 3IS Build Thread

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-15-13, 09:23 AM   #16
titoman110
Driver
 
titoman110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: LOS ANGELES, CA
Posts: 180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejaperu View Post
Red LEDs in the rear, Amber LEDs in the front, 3M black gloss vinyl wrapped roof and antenna, 3M 20% tint all around.

Nice looking IS F Sport.... I have the same color as your and I like the top Vinyl on the roof top. Might have to scroll down to SWR Motorsports myself and see if i get this done on my ride. Question/ Request. Can we see more pictures of the Red LED's in action and also the Amber LED"s as well. Thanks.
titoman110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 09:27 AM   #17
1QWKGS4
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (3)
 
1QWKGS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: GA/FL
Posts: 2,278
Default

This is One Cute PANDA!
1QWKGS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 09:40 AM   #18
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (5)
 
RastaRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: FL
Posts: 4,130
Default

Niice, are the bulbs difficult to change....I know in the 2IS to change the turn signal you have to remove the bumper.

What size bulbs does it take?
RastaRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 09:53 AM   #19
r0shiro
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
r0shiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 552
Default relatively...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RastaRacer View Post
Niice, are the bulbs difficult to change....I know in the 2IS to change the turn signal you have to remove the bumper.

What size bulbs does it take?
Manual says - turn signals = 7444, and reverse lights = 921.

the front was way easy. no more bumper removal! you do have to remove the windshield liquid hose but that just clips on so its super easy. The rear, you have to remove the housing. The 2IS had a small cardboard door that you could access the bulb but not on the 3IS. The removal of the housing is in your manual. But I'll post a DIY of it soon...
r0shiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 10:18 AM   #20
bigblack06
Moderator
iTrader: (14)
 
bigblack06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Beantown
Posts: 5,824
Default

Looks good, I also love the black vinyl.
bigblack06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 10:45 AM   #21
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (5)
 
RastaRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: FL
Posts: 4,130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejaperu View Post
Manual says - turn signals = 7444, and reverse lights = 921.

the front was way easy. no more bumper removal! you do have to remove the windshield liquid hose but that just clips on so its super easy. The rear, you have to remove the housing. The 2IS had a small cardboard door that you could access the bulb but not on the 3IS. The removal of the housing is in your manual. But I'll post a DIY of it soon...
Thanks for the info, my 3IS comes in 7/16/13
RastaRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 02:14 PM   #22
SexyElaine
Pole Position
 
SexyElaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 257
Default

Great looking ride !! Love the quick mods especially the vinyl roof !! Looks sooo bad *** !!
SexyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 02:37 PM   #23
Timmah
Driver
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: HTX
Posts: 111
Default

350 isnt a bad deal at all. Do you know if the removed your modlings when they were installing it?
Timmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 03:06 PM   #24
r0shiro
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
r0shiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 552
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyElaine View Post
Great looking ride !! Love the quick mods especially the vinyl roof !! Looks sooo bad *** !!
Thanks! its such a head turner...
r0shiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 03:09 PM   #25
r0shiro
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
r0shiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 552
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmah View Post
350 isnt a bad deal at all. Do you know if the removed your modlings when they were installing it?
my moldings? you mean the roof? They didn't remove the roof or anything for that matter.
r0shiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 04:03 PM   #26
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F
 
corradoMR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 7,092
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejaperu View Post
my moldings? you mean the roof? They didn't remove the roof or anything for that matter.
I think he means the water channels which in the 3IS, there's no plastic moldings added there since there's a new welding process with the 3IS at that joint on each side of the roof...
corradoMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 08:02 PM   #27
r0shiro
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
r0shiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 552
Default my camera is not that great...

Quote:
Originally Posted by titoman110 View Post
Nice looking IS F Sport.... I have the same color as your and I like the top Vinyl on the roof top. Might have to scroll down to SWR Motorsports myself and see if i get this done on my ride. Question/ Request. Can we see more pictures of the Red LED's in action and also the Amber LED"s as well. Thanks.
the red looks off in the pic but in person its a dead on color match.
Attached Thumbnails
r0shiro's 3IS Build Thread-rear-view.jpg   r0shiro's 3IS Build Thread-rear-turn-signals.jpg   r0shiro's 3IS Build Thread-front-view.jpg   r0shiro's 3IS Build Thread-front-turn-signals.jpg  
r0shiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-13, 12:04 AM   #28
r0shiro
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
r0shiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 552
Default here ya go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corradoMR2 View Post
Looking good!!! Like the black vinyl roof in particular as it gives a nice contrast. Can you take shots further from a distance?
Thanks again...
Attached Thumbnails
r0shiro's 3IS Build Thread-front-driver-view.jpg   r0shiro's 3IS Build Thread-driver-side-view.jpg   r0shiro's 3IS Build Thread-pas-view.jpg   r0shiro's 3IS Build Thread-rear-pas-view.jpg  
r0shiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-13, 12:11 AM   #29
F350
Pole Position
iTrader: (1)
 
F350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: ny / mla
Posts: 205
Default

loving the roof !!!!!! such a clean setup

Would you be able to do me a favor and measure the diameter of inner exhaust tip (not the chrome tip but where its connected to) ? Planning to change the exhaust tip finisher to a more oval one.

r0shiro's 3IS Build Thread-image-961260449.jpg

Last edited by F350; 07-16-13 at 12:39 AM.
F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-13, 03:21 AM   #30
Hrmnd
Driver
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Alberta
Posts: 138
Default

My oh my is that a good looking panda
Hrmnd is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best full body kits out there?? r0shiro RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) 5 10-28-16 02:39 PM
Best looking full body kits out there? r0shiro IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) 1 10-27-16 01:05 PM
Not the classifieds r0shiro IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) 0 10-20-16 03:46 PM
removed protective film r0shiro IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) 43 06-15-14 11:59 AM
thread title name change please r0shiro Site Suggestions & Problems 1 09-25-13 06:07 PM


Tags
15, 2014, 3is, is250, is350, lexus, roof, rooftop, sport, tint, top, vinyl, wrap

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:25 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved