Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

Snyperifle's Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-14, 04:46 PM
Snyperifle
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gville350
^Hey, nice new Toy you got there! I've been looking for a new ride myself and of course the BRZ/FR-S are in the list. What makes this special edition different? Factory lip kit and dual exhaust? Any upgrades to the suspension, drivetrain, or powerplant in that special edition?

Give me your thoughts and opinions on the ride coming from the Lexus...positives and negatives.

What other rides were on your list and why the FR-S over the others? I've got a Club Miata, Genesis coupe, and the long-shot 3-series Bimmer on my short list.
Thank you! The Release Series 1.0 comes with........

TRD USDM front lip
TRD USDM side skirts
TRD USDM rear diffuser
TRD USDM 3-piece spoiler
TRD quad-tip exhaust
TRD steering wheel
TRD shift ****
TRD USDM fender garnish
Brushed aluminum shift-gate bezel
JDM-spec headlights
Keyless entry + start/stop button
Red-stitching and black leather inserts all over the interior

TRD lowering springs

and of course the Yuzu Yellow paint job
That's all I can think of at the moment, I may be missing something

The ride is a little stiffer than what I had on the Megan EZ coils that I have on the IS250, which were a bit stiffer than stock lol. It's a trade off between road handling and comfort between the two cars.

Honestly, the FR-S was the only car on my list. Have you ever driven one of the twins? I've gotten to spend time with many nice cars and I would still pick an FR-S over almost all of them. At least up to a certain price point. Under $60k I don't really know of any car I'd want more
Old 11-04-14, 07:38 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Thanks for the additional info!

I've read and have felt the stiffness myself; nothing any worse that what I currently DD in.

Kinda holding off any major decisions until I can get behind the seat of a '15 5.0 Stang. Gotta check out the new rear independent suspension for myself!
Old 11-04-14, 11:37 PM
Snyperifle
Pole Position

Thanks for the additional info!

I've read and have felt the stiffness myself; nothing any worse that what I currently DD in.

Kinda holding off any major decisions until I can get behind the seat of a '15 5.0 Stang. Gotta check out the new rear independent suspension for myself!
I've never driven a Miata but I never liked the look of them; I like the look of the Genesis but if you look at their forum, they have a 100+ page thread about transmission issues; I really like the BMW 3-series but they really do have things break often.

I'm a huge fan of Mustangs and the '15's look real nice. Haven't been in one though.

The reasons I picked the FR-S is because they're small, CHEAP to run (tires, brakes, gas, etc.), incredibly fun to drive, huge aftermarket support, and really easy to work on, and I really like the looks. You forget about the general lack of power when you reach the first corner :]
Old 11-05-14, 12:55 AM
davidma415
Driver

Nice ride!

If the IS is on the chopping block... part out?
Old 11-05-14, 12:00 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

^^I agree with alot of what you said, except I fear the ease of working on the motor part isn't as easy as what I'm used to. Came from a 5th gen Honda Civic background, and everything compared to that is just nuts! LOL

I agree that the aftermarket support is HUGE on them, which can be a positive AND negative. I just see myself going modding-crazy if I had one; where with the 2IS, I'm really limited.

Looking forward to testing out a '15 5.0 and forming my own opinion on the new pony car though!
Old 11-05-14, 02:08 PM
Snyperifle
Pole Position

Originally Posted by davidma415
Nice ride!

If the IS is on the chopping block... part out?
At the moment, I have a couple people interested in buying it as-is. If those deals fall through, then I'll do a part out

^^I agree with alot of what you said, except I fear the ease of working on the motor part isn't as easy as what I'm used to. Came from a 5th gen Honda Civic background, and everything compared to that is just nuts! LOL

I agree that the aftermarket support is HUGE on them, which can be a positive AND negative. I just see myself going modding-crazy if I had one; where with the 2IS, I'm really limited.

Looking forward to testing out a '15 5.0 and forming my own opinion on the new pony car though!
Ahh, the first car I really modded was the IS250, which I believe is one of the harder cars to do anything to lol. I couldn't believe how difficult Lexus made even simple tasks, such as changing light bulbs, after I've had time to mess around on the FR-S
So far everything I've done has been super easy breezy and taken less than 1/4 the time it took to do the same task to the IS250

I've driven a few of the 2011-2014 Mustang GT's which had amazing engines but not much else, the 2015's can only be better!
Old 11-05-14, 09:23 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Congrats on the new scion, it looks great. Love the color. Any future plans for it?

Sad to see the IS go, but seems you moved on to bigger and better things.
Old 11-06-14, 12:57 PM
Snyperifle
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Initial G
Congrats on the new scion, it looks great. Love the color. Any future plans for it?

Sad to see the IS go, but seems you moved on to bigger and better things.
Thank you!

At the moment, I'm looking to get some wheels. Nothing stancenation, just a nice looking, functional setup with no chance of rubbing. Maybe coilovers down the line but I'm hesitant about messing with the handling dynamics.
Old 11-11-14, 04:37 PM
jngo1994
Driver School Candidate

Nice build man. Do you have an Instagram?
Old 09-16-15, 01:08 PM
hiroshhi
Driver School Candidate

Default electronic plate

how is that electronic plate working for you? is it a hassle? Your Lexus looks amazing by the way.
Old 09-27-15, 04:02 AM
Aluc4rd
Driver School Candidate

hey nice build! just wondering, what front lip is that? Also, how'd you change the interior lights on the buttons blue?
Old 09-27-15, 10:08 PM
ccma415
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

love your build man....
Old 09-28-15, 02:25 AM
Snyperifle
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jngo1994
Nice build man. Do you have an Instagram?
Yes! @Snyperiflex

Originally Posted by hiroshhi
how is that electronic plate working for you? is it a hassle? Your Lexus looks amazing by the way.
The plate worked great until I broke it over a speedbump :/

Originally Posted by Aluc4rd
hey nice build! just wondering, what front lip is that? Also, how'd you change the interior lights on the buttons blue?
It was a wald-style replica. You have to take the interior apart and resolder the LED's

Originally Posted by ccma415
love your build man....
Thank you :]
Old 10-01-15, 07:43 PM
VMRWheels
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow congrats on the new car!
I love the build thread on your IS, there was so many personal touches there and attention to detail!
Old 06-03-16, 12:38 AM
Ling2IS
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

What were the wheel specs and tire specs on the MRR Groundforce GF7's?

Quick Reply: Snyperifle's Build Thread