Rotrex powered GS400 - Page 5 - Club Lexus Forums


Rotrex powered GS400

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-13, 07:57 PM   #61
Track5tar
Pole Position
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 216
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

$5500 out the door? Definitely not. ...right under 7k for everything including the exhaust ...but the exhaust was not even that much ...ill pm you tmf
Track5tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-13, 08:03 PM   #62
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!
iTrader: (15)
 
tmf2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: FL
Posts: 21,619
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track5tar View Post
$5500 out the door? Definitely not. ...right under 7k for everything including the exhaust ...but the exhaust was not even that much ...ill pm you tmf
yes sir. thanks

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
tmf2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-13, 05:50 PM   #63
Track5tar
Pole Position
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 216
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

To clarify my pricing was with everything ...the supercharger ,piping, piggyback, labor, exhaust , coils, tuning etc but I'm sure you could get a kit (suoercharger /bracket/pullies) and DIY for way less.
Track5tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-13, 06:39 PM   #64
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!
iTrader: (15)
 
tmf2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: FL
Posts: 21,619
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track5tar View Post
To clarify my pricing was with everything ...the supercharger ,piping, piggyback, labor, exhaust , coils, tuning etc but I'm sure you could get a kit (suoercharger /bracket/pullies) and DIY for way less.
thanks track

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
tmf2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-13, 09:37 PM   #65
DrRick
Lexus Champion
 
DrRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: ATL
Posts: 3,361
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track5tar View Post
To clarify my pricing was with everything ...the supercharger ,piping, piggyback, labor, exhaust , coils, tuning etc but I'm sure you could get a kit (suoercharger /bracket/pullies) and DIY for way less.


i just need to get this MAP-ECU....
DrRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-13, 09:57 PM   #66
DrRick
Lexus Champion
 
DrRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: ATL
Posts: 3,361
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

seriously, tho...for the DIY inclined...the bracket, pullies and charger setup should be golden to get you what you want. you can pick out your own intercooler. you can pick out your own fuel management (which, btw at this level of boost, can be as simple as a this....).

pipe it...HIYOOOO...and then be on your way.

LIV has done the heavy lifting with fab'ing the bracket. thats the biggest impediment for us V8 folks going forced induction. they are a Rotrex dealer. and...have i mentioned that Rotrex is a helluva supercharger?

and even at $7k...thats not a bad price for out an out the door blower and a tune. i really thought that folks would be all over this. hopefully, James is getting more calls than mine about this 'kit'. im excited. and im getting it.

see yall in my build thread. hahahaha....
DrRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-13, 09:22 PM   #67
japspec
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (4)
 
japspec's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Da hill fl
Posts: 1,302
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRick View Post
seriously, tho...for the DIY inclined...the bracket, pullies and charger setup should be golden to get you what you want. you can pick out your own intercooler. you can pick out your own fuel management (which, btw at this level of boost, can be as simple as a this....).

pipe it...HIYOOOO...and then be on your way.

LIV has done the heavy lifting with fab'ing the bracket. thats the biggest impediment for us V8 folks going forced induction. they are a Rotrex dealer. and...have i mentioned that Rotrex is a helluva supercharger?

and even at $7k...thats not a bad price for out an out the door blower and a tune. i really thought that folks would be all over this. hopefully, James is getting more calls than mine about this 'kit'. im excited. and im getting it.

see yall in my build thread. hahahaha....
Yea a lot of people would jump on it but remember there arent alot of gs400's left out there and every since that damn new gs came out alot of people have jumped ship away from the 2gs.
japspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-13, 05:03 AM   #68
SprtDesign
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (21)
 
SprtDesign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,034
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

They really need to go after the GS300's There were a lot more of them sold. I would be really interested in an SC on my 300 vs. a turbo set up.
SprtDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-13, 05:53 AM   #69
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!
iTrader: (15)
 
tmf2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: FL
Posts: 21,619
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TI II View Post
They really need to go after the GS300's There were a lot more of them sold. I would be really interested in an SC on my 300 vs. a turbo set up.
Automan had the Rotrex setup on his GS300. there's 1 or 2 YouTube vids with his engine revving. sounded good

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
tmf2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-13, 11:21 PM   #70
eskaeone
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (16)
 
eskaeone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYNJ..
Posts: 1,023
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TI II View Post
They really need to go after the GS300's There were a lot more of them sold. I would be really interested in an SC on my 300 vs. a turbo set up.
Nah chill, you GS/SC3 guys have a lot more options, leave this for us neglected GS/SC4 bastards..lol
Just Kidding.
eskaeone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-13, 12:43 AM   #71
eskaeone
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (16)
 
eskaeone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYNJ..
Posts: 1,023
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Anyone willing to reveal what type of Rotrex kit, intercooler, parts etc were used?
Looked on the Rotrex website, couldn't find anything as of yet.

Thanks.
eskaeone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-13, 04:59 AM   #72
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!
iTrader: (15)
 
tmf2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: FL
Posts: 21,619
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskaeone View Post
Anyone willing to reveal what type of Rotrex kit, intercooler, parts etc were used?
Looked on the Rotrex website, couldn't find anything as of yet.

Thanks.
Rotrex 38-81
tmf2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-13, 04:19 PM   #73
rwheelz
Pole Position
iTrader: (2)
 
rwheelz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: MT
Posts: 329
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

This is very interesting. The tuning is the questionable part for me. I am not sure I would want to run a blower with just a FPR for tuning. I am not familiar with the "split-sec" unit the OP is using.

Any thoughts on how the transmission will likely hold up? Do you have to lift off the throttle for the 1-2 shift?
rwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-13, 04:59 PM   #74
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!
iTrader: (15)
 
tmf2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: FL
Posts: 21,619
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheelz View Post
This is very interesting. The tuning is the questionable part for me. I am not sure I would want to run a blower with just a FPR for tuning. I am not familiar with the "split-sec" unit the OP is using.

Any thoughts on how the transmission will likely hold up? Do you have to lift off the throttle for the 1-2 shift?
Well without going into a huge debate and i have no knowledge of forced induction but according to SRT they told me our trannies are good for up to 9psi i do believe.. I'm sure that all depends on how you drive etc... Also a tranny cooler wouldn't hurt either... I'd be happy with 6 to 7psi...
tmf2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-13, 11:13 PM   #75
eskaeone
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (16)
 
eskaeone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYNJ..
Posts: 1,023
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmf2004 View Post
Rotrex 38-81
Thanks..............
eskaeone is online now   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st & Only Weds SA60M on IS-F sleepyray IS F (2008-2014) 31 03-18-14 05:16 AM
Lexus GS 430 freshly detailed gn02156668 Canada 0 03-09-14 09:51 AM
FL AutoCouture Pearl White Sc400 5spd 500hp S14eva1 Lexus Vehicles Classifieds 31 07-23-13 10:32 PM
1st Photoshoot for my ISF LiLS IS F (2008-2014) 24 07-11-13 09:05 PM
2014 IS 250 F SPORT at HB Concours D' Elegance flipside909 IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) 40 06-18-13 10:34 AM


Tags
10, boost, gs400, kit, manifold, psi, rotrex, sc400, supercharged, supercharger, t51r, turbo

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:50 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved