Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Second Generation > Build Threads
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Rotrex powered GS400

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-17-13, 08:46 PM   #31
DrRick
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
DrRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: ATL
Posts: 2,907
_mav_rick 1mavrick
Send a message via AIM to DrRick Send a message via Yahoo to DrRick
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmf2004 View Post
wow he drove from Texas to VA.....
which reminds me....i need to update my profile.

i live in north atlanta, now. 2 miles from the gwinnett county line. hahahahha. so..you see....me and the mystery owner are neighbors.

so if youre lurking, mystery Rotrex owner....holla at me!!!!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
__________________
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/members/drrick-4170-albums-sig-pics-14742-picture-sigpic4170-2-36705.jpeg
DrRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-13, 05:28 AM   #32
kamlung
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (7)
 
kamlung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 654
Send a message via AIM to kamlung
Default

I'd like to see a kit for the 430!!!
__________________
'01 GS430 - Black on Ivory Non Navi
kamlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-13, 06:58 AM   #33
tmf2004
10 years on Clublexus
Trader Score: (12)
 
tmf2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: FL (PSL)
Posts: 20,303
anthonymichael34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamlung View Post
I'd like to see a kit for the 430!!!
should be the same as the 400....
__________________

2011 Vossen Clublexus Contest Winner

1999 GS400
2012 Kia Optima SWP TURBO

Past: 88 Samurai--87 mustang LX GT conv--95 Mustang GT auto--97 Lexus Es300
Quote:
Originally Posted by VtotheJ View Post
Drone is overrated......let the V8 breathe!
tmf2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-13, 05:36 AM   #34
kamlung
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (7)
 
kamlung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 654
Send a message via AIM to kamlung
Default

i thought the mounting bracket was diff between the two motors? and i'm not sure how DBW affects all this...
__________________
'01 GS430 - Black on Ivory Non Navi
kamlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-13, 09:22 AM   #35
Track5tar
Pole Position
Trader Score: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 209
Gary Ellis EastSideRidaz69
Default

sup guys.... i have been just being nosey as to see who would say what about the setup but... I'm the Owner :P lol

*No you can not use the engine cover still as the relocation of power steering up and the intake will be in the way..

*Yes it is daily driven :P

*And i drove from MS to VA lol

Much more to come with my build but very special thanks to the guys at LIVAuto for all the help on this
__________________

1999 GS400 supercharged
Track5tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-13, 10:15 AM   #36
tmf2004
10 years on Clublexus
Trader Score: (12)
 
tmf2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: FL (PSL)
Posts: 20,303
anthonymichael34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track5tar View Post
sup guys.... i have been just being nosey as to see who would say what about the setup but... I'm the Owner :P lol

*No you can not use the engine cover still as the relocation of power steering up and the intake will be in the way..

*Yes it is daily driven :P

*And i drove from MS to VA lol

Much more to come with my build but very special thanks to the guys at LIVAuto for all the help on this


thanks for chiming in. I know there's a few of us that are interested. can u take more pics of the final assembly please. trust me your build has all our heads spinning lol. I know member DRrick wanted to ask you a few questions as I spoke to him on the phone recently.

if we relocated the power steering and used a different coupler and piping I'm hoping to still use the engine. cover. kinda would like to keep the cover for my engine theme.

how does the car run and drive with the splitsec on a daily normal drive?

thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
__________________

2011 Vossen Clublexus Contest Winner

1999 GS400
2012 Kia Optima SWP TURBO

Past: 88 Samurai--87 mustang LX GT conv--95 Mustang GT auto--97 Lexus Es300
Quote:
Originally Posted by VtotheJ View Post
Drone is overrated......let the V8 breathe!
tmf2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-13, 02:21 PM   #37
Track5tar
Pole Position
Trader Score: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 209
Gary Ellis EastSideRidaz69
Default

Power Steering could be relocated to wherever you choose due to limited spacing but im sure it could be done with the engine cover

I drive the car every day to and from work. With the SplitSec it is an older piggyback type but it operates just fine. It takes a good tune to get it to act properly but i have no major complaints. having a nice boost gauge and air intake gauge helps a lot since i am still auto tranny ..for now. but yep. stay tuned. :P

I will try to upload a few more pictures later during the week.
__________________

1999 GS400 supercharged
Track5tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-13, 03:03 PM   #38
tmf2004
10 years on Clublexus
Trader Score: (12)
 
tmf2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: FL (PSL)
Posts: 20,303
anthonymichael34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track5tar View Post
Power Steering could be relocated to wherever you choose due to limited spacing but im sure it could be done with the engine cover

I drive the car every day to and from work. With the SplitSec it is an older piggyback type but it operates just fine. It takes a good tune to get it to act properly but i have no major complaints. having a nice boost gauge and air intake gauge helps a lot since i am still auto tranny ..for now. but yep. stay tuned. :P

I will try to upload a few more pictures later during the week.
thanks... Thats what i'm looking for lol... To and from work with some boost... Do u plan on beefing the tranny or going more boost? I'm just looking to stay on 6 to 7psi on stock everything.. I have a tranny cooler also..

I'd like to see how you mounted the gauges etc...

thanks Track
__________________

2011 Vossen Clublexus Contest Winner

1999 GS400
2012 Kia Optima SWP TURBO

Past: 88 Samurai--87 mustang LX GT conv--95 Mustang GT auto--97 Lexus Es300
Quote:
Originally Posted by VtotheJ View Post
Drone is overrated......let the V8 breathe!
tmf2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-13, 03:13 PM   #39
DrRick
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
DrRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: ATL
Posts: 2,907
_mav_rick 1mavrick
Send a message via AIM to DrRick Send a message via Yahoo to DrRick
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track5tar View Post
sup guys.... i have been just being nosey as to see who would say what about the setup but... I'm the Owner :P lol

*No you can not use the engine cover still as the relocation of power steering up and the intake will be in the way..

*Yes it is daily driven :P

*And i drove from MS to VA lol

Much more to come with my build but very special thanks to the guys at LIVAuto for all the help on this

He comes out of the shadows!!!

Awesome set up, my man. I'd love to take a look at it some time, since I live in doraville.
__________________
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/members/drrick-4170-albums-sig-pics-14742-picture-sigpic4170-2-36705.jpeg
DrRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-13, 03:49 PM   #40
Track5tar
Pole Position
Trader Score: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 209
Gary Ellis EastSideRidaz69
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmf2004 View Post
thanks... Thats what i'm looking for lol... To and from work with some boost... Do u plan on beefing the tranny or going more boost? I'm just looking to stay on 6 to 7psi on stock everything.. I have a tranny cooler also..

I'd like to see how you mounted the gauges etc...

thanks Track

I dont want to let all the secrets out the hat but i do plan on going with a manual tranny and getting a smaller pulley (= more boost) but you definetly would be fine with 6psi on stock internals just make sure you have a good serpentine pulley and what not. This info is only if you go with the Rotrex setup of course as i can NOT speak on any other supercharger setup. lol
__________________

1999 GS400 supercharged
Track5tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-13, 03:50 PM   #41
Track5tar
Pole Position
Trader Score: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 209
Gary Ellis EastSideRidaz69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRick View Post
He comes out of the shadows!!!

Awesome set up, my man. I'd love to take a look at it some time, since I live in doraville.
for sure man you are about 15 min away you should come out to the Riverside meet on Thursday
__________________

1999 GS400 supercharged
Track5tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-13, 04:16 PM   #42
DrRick
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
DrRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: ATL
Posts: 2,907
_mav_rick 1mavrick
Send a message via AIM to DrRick Send a message via Yahoo to DrRick
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track5tar View Post
for sure man you are about 15 min away you should come out to the Riverside meet on Thursday
Riverside meet? hadnt heard about it...
__________________
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/members/drrick-4170-albums-sig-pics-14742-picture-sigpic4170-2-36705.jpeg
DrRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-13, 06:37 PM   #43
tmf2004
10 years on Clublexus
Trader Score: (12)
 
tmf2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: FL (PSL)
Posts: 20,303
anthonymichael34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRick View Post

Riverside meet? hadnt heard about it...
wow 15 min. away? Rick just go to his house lol. take a few pics

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
__________________

2011 Vossen Clublexus Contest Winner

1999 GS400
2012 Kia Optima SWP TURBO

Past: 88 Samurai--87 mustang LX GT conv--95 Mustang GT auto--97 Lexus Es300
Quote:
Originally Posted by VtotheJ View Post
Drone is overrated......let the V8 breathe!
tmf2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-13, 06:40 PM   #44
tmf2004
10 years on Clublexus
Trader Score: (12)
 
tmf2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: FL (PSL)
Posts: 20,303
anthonymichael34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track5tar View Post

I dont want to let all the secrets out the hat but i do plan on going with a manual tranny and getting a smaller pulley (= more boost) but you definetly would be fine with 6psi on stock internals just make sure you have a good serpentine pulley and what not. This info is only if you go with the Rotrex setup of course as i can NOT speak on any other supercharger setup. lol
still thinking about the whole thing but yes I would go with your exact setup but I think livauto wanted to change a few things .

You can always send me pics via Pm or email.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
__________________

2011 Vossen Clublexus Contest Winner

1999 GS400
2012 Kia Optima SWP TURBO

Past: 88 Samurai--87 mustang LX GT conv--95 Mustang GT auto--97 Lexus Es300
Quote:
Originally Posted by VtotheJ View Post
Drone is overrated......let the V8 breathe!
tmf2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-13, 06:56 PM   #45
Track5tar
Pole Position
Trader Score: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 209
Gary Ellis EastSideRidaz69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmf2004 View Post
still thinking about the whole thing but yes I would go with your exact setup but I think livauto wanted to change a few things .

You can always send me pics via Pm or email.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
change a few things such as?
__________________

1999 GS400 supercharged
Track5tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-13, 06:56 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
10, boost, gs400, kit, manifold, psi, rotrex, sc400, supercharged, supercharger, t51r, turbo

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bam! Cleanshots Performance & Maintenance 2 07-25-13 09:18 PM
FL AutoCouture Pearl White Sc400 5spd 500hp S14eva1 Lexus Vehicles Classifieds 31 07-23-13 09:32 PM
CA Socali: 05 LS430 Black on Black 78k 16.5k VINHsanity Lexus Vehicles Classifieds 1 07-17-13 04:47 PM
TheAzn's OC Car Show Pictures 08.JUN.2013 TheAzn NELOC 3 06-15-13 02:50 PM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:49 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info