Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS430 owner vehicles

chrispy's Build Thread

Old 04-06-14, 06:27 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts

Your car is on the Part Shop MAX website.

http://www.partsshopmax.com/page.php?36
Old 04-08-14, 08:16 AM
nDrew
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a great build! You've done a great job with your LS and I just love the fitment.

I'm on factory air now with datasystems and I was considering on buying the Gen B RCA. Just curious why you chose the Nagisa adapter instead. Was it more so the camber or caster results? And was your camber that aggressive that you to had do the full megan kit for the rear? Right now my complaint is the front is always higher than the rear and i want to be able to lower the front more than the rear. Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!
Old 04-08-14, 11:25 AM
chrispy

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Kira X
Your car is on the Part Shop MAX website.

http://www.partsshopmax.com/page.php?36
Awesome! Funny that an LS430 is on the banner of a drift part website.

Originally Posted by nDrew
What a great build! You've done a great job with your LS and I just love the fitment.

I'm on factory air now with datasystems and I was considering on buying the Gen B RCA. Just curious why you chose the Nagisa adapter instead. Was it more so the camber or caster results? And was your camber that aggressive that you to had do the full megan kit for the rear? Right now my complaint is the front is always higher than the rear and i want to be able to lower the front more than the rear. Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!
Thanks! For some reason when you lower the LS, it doesn't get much front camber. Also, this car has caster issues. When lowered, you will notice the front and rear wheels aren't centered in the wheel arches anymore. The camber adapter will correct this caster issue and will add more negative camber as well as lower the car even more. So it corrected every issue I had.

As for the rear arms, I wanted the rear camber to match the front and to be able to recenter the wheel in the wheel arch.

chrispy's Build Thread-hl4c2r1.jpg

You can see what I'm talking about here.
Old 04-10-14, 07:55 AM
nDrew
Pole Position

Thanks! I appreciate the info. That helps!
Old 04-11-14, 05:59 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by chrispy
Awesome! Funny that an LS430 is on the banner of a drift part website.

Thanks! For some reason when you lower the LS, it doesn't get much front camber. Also, this car has caster issues. When lowered, you will notice the front and rear wheels aren't centered in the wheel arches anymore. The camber adapter will correct this caster issue and will add more negative camber as well as lower the car even more. So it corrected every issue I had.

As for the rear arms, I wanted the rear camber to match the front and to be able to recenter the wheel in the wheel arch.

You can see what I'm talking about here.
Yeah, I thought it was pretty interesting to see it on there.

Where can I get one of these camber adapters? My rear wheels sit way to close to the inside of the fender closest to the rear doors. If I could center it in the arch I would be able to go lower. I haven't gotten an alignment yet so I don't know if that would help.
Old 06-15-14, 12:41 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

just curious if you had to cut the rear bumper to accommodate the dual exhaust or is that a new rear bumper? Great build thread...
Old 06-15-14, 07:39 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
just curious if you had to cut the rear bumper to accommodate the dual exhaust or is that a new rear bumper? Great build thread...
from post #56

"Installed my Junction Produce Type 2 quad exhaust. I had to cut the stock bumper to fit them."
Old 06-15-14, 10:28 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
from post #56 "Installed my Junction Produce Type 2 quad exhaust. I had to cut the stock bumper to fit them."
great thanks........
Old 10-10-14, 09:45 AM
Ce3kay
Rookie

not sure if this question is going to make sense, but would you have to cut the hole in the front near the tower if you went with bags first instead of coilovers? or will it still hit the top either way?
Old 10-30-14, 12:50 AM
chrispy

Originally Posted by Ce3kay
not sure if this question is going to make sense, but would you have to cut the hole in the front near the tower if you went with bags first instead of coilovers? or will it still hit the top either way?
Even though I'm on bags now, I would have still cut the hole because when driving low it would still hit the top. The hole also allows me to get the front even lower when I'm aired out.
Old 11-05-14, 03:33 PM
jdotlim
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what did you use to cut your rear bumper to accommodate the tips? I am getting almost the same set up and was going to use a dremel.
Old 11-06-14, 06:13 PM
chrispy

Originally Posted by jdotlim
what did you use to cut your rear bumper to accommodate the tips? I am getting almost the same set up and was going to use a dremel.
I masked the area with blue painter's tape and traced the shape that I wanted onto the tape. Then I used a coping hand saw for a rough cut then I used a Dremel with a sanding drum to smooth it out. It's scary but not too hard to do.
Old 11-09-14, 08:41 AM
AtlantaVIP
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LEGIT... looking good bro
Old 01-13-15, 05:04 PM
Jdmdrew
Driver School Candidate

Where did you get the bumpsteer kit? Ive been looking for a set but cant seem to find them anywhere.
Old 02-03-15, 12:17 PM
empringham
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

killer build. very clean looking.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: chrispy's Build Thread