Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

Something Wicked This Way Comes

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-13, 06:56 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Bass Mech, I hear you. I'm not a fan of yellow either, but it's growing on me. Think yellow LFA, extract its DNA, and inject it into this car. Fix it up with the right wheels, drop, and other body mods and contrasting silver, gray, black, and red colors and I have a very good feeling it will be a standout. But you're right, it's not for everyone.
yellow even with the corvette community is a love or hate color. my cousin has owned corvettes for the past 20 years or so he lives in san diego. every corvette he has had has been yellow! he also likes yellow as his favorite color. he also bought a cadillac CTS-V with the black diamond paint and the rare edition with the yellow seat inserts yellow piping and yellow calipers.

but on an IS well i could think of at least 20 colors all of them metallic that would look great on an IS but not yellow. the yellow here looks almost exactly like taxi cab yellow. maybe cabs have a little more orange to them but even a candy color would be a better choice for me.

but my biggest issue with cars is despite they are already a bad investment. the resale market already sucks. why make it any worse with a car nobody wants to buy used? i try to get the use of a car without loosing more than about 40-50% of it's value when i sell it on.
cars that get heavily modified and repainted end up eventually in a junk yard long before their time because they aren't worth anything to the average buyer. why accelerate the depreciation process?
and all the money spent fixing them up might as well be just be thrown in the trash, you never get any of that back either.

i plan to do some black wheels and delete the chrome on the front and sides with vinyl, black pearl emblems. all of which can easily be removed and i can use the wheels on my next car. after i trade it back in.
but hey, who am i to tell people how to spend their money? they keep the aftermarket parts companies in business and the junk yards happy.
Old 10-29-13, 07:10 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

There are some folks that require customization to maximize the enjoyment of their car despite fully knowing the consequences and compromises in safety, comfort, reliability, resale, etc. It's a fully accepted risk and ultimately the cost of being entertained
Old 10-29-13, 07:30 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

There are some folks that require customization to maximize the enjoyment of their car despite fully knowing the consequences and compromises in safety, comfort, reliability, resale, etc. It's a fully accepted risk and ultimately the cost of being entertained
lol very well put! however i refuse to believe all of those things are taken into consideration when the modding begins. i firmly believe it has more to do with a popularity contest and getting attention.

after owning an exotic vehicle that gets a lot of attention i can say in all honesty im over it. i prefer to keep a low profile! the worry of unwanted attention far outweighs how much i care about what other people think about my car, how low it is, what wheels are on it or what color it is.
i used to have a thumping stereo in every car i owned for a while i got tired of that and grew out of that also eventually.

anyway before i get yelled at in this thread, im out of here, we are way off topic!
Old 10-29-13, 07:40 PM
Timmah
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amazing quality of work. Not many go through these troubles to get a car done. is the engine getting pulled?
Old 10-29-13, 09:16 PM
Stitch626
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking great blue can't wait to see it with the new kit wheels and exhaust!
Old 10-30-13, 12:55 AM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hopefully if Lexus sees this, they will see the opportunity to offer more exciting colors for the IS. Remember the IS300's Solar Yellow?
Old 10-30-13, 04:36 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
lol very well put! however i refuse to believe all of those things are taken into consideration when the modding begins. i firmly believe it has more to do with a popularity contest and getting attention.

after owning an exotic vehicle that gets a lot of attention i can say in all honesty im over it. i prefer to keep a low profile! the worry of unwanted attention far outweighs how much i care about what other people think about my car, how low it is, what wheels are on it or what color it is.
i used to have a thumping stereo in every car i owned for a while i got tired of that and grew out of that also eventually.

anyway before i get yelled at in this thread, im out of here, we are way off topic!
Love the comments from you and corradoMR2. I was about to add more. But as you said, no need to get yelled at for being off topic. I have already had my hands slapped this week with another thread.

So to make it short . . . .I am not feeling the yellow. But it's not my car!
Old 10-30-13, 08:40 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by moose66
Love the comments from you and corradoMR2. I was about to add more. But as you said, no need to get yelled at for being off topic. I have already had my hands slapped this week with another thread.

So to make it short . . . .I am not feeling the yellow. But it's not my car!
Hey no worries!

I think Bass Mech was really respectful in explaining his reasoning for not liking yellow and I really appreciate his posts and welcome anyone who doesn't like it to post.

Its the internet, the pic is up, fire away

In the next week or so I'll explain the exact reasoning for this choice of color as well as everything added or changed on the car in hopes you see where my (our, wasn't just me) mind was. I will share that initially the usual colors were discussed in the usual palette (grey, white etc) but then 2 initial options were discussed that were rather bright. To me the color of this car is maybe the most important aspect and without going further I wanted to relay some past into the present. This also wasn't something my team agreed on but as many here know when I am passionate about something with my mind made up, get out the way The color has caused A LOT of conversations in the past month.

The thing is, I don't even think that will be the most shocking part of this mild build.

Old 10-30-13, 08:41 AM
LexFather

And I don't think anyone caught that I changed my signature to yellow font for the IS I did it about 2 weeks ago lol

Old 10-30-13, 08:42 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint
And I don't think anyone caught that I changed my signature to yellow font for the IS I did it about 2 weeks ago lol
I noticed
Old 10-30-13, 03:48 PM
LexFather

Talking

Originally Posted by SW13GS
I noticed

Before

After

This is not a one stage paint so the yellow changes hues depending on lighting conditions…. the official color to come...

Old 10-30-13, 03:51 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

What's the ETA for the full unveil? I think we're all anxious to see this wickedness!
Old 10-30-13, 03:58 PM
LexFather

What's the ETA for the full unveil? I think we're all anxious to see this wickedness!
Soon. We can't have you being the only one with a cool 3IS color

Old 10-30-13, 04:01 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Soon. We can't have you being the only one with a cool 3IS color
haha, that's why I say take your sweeeet time
Old 10-31-13, 07:11 AM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

This is not a one stage paint so the yellow changes hues depending on lighting conditions…. the official color to come...
Yeah, you need to go more big bird yellow.

Quick Reply: Something Wicked This Way Comes