Been way too long since I updated, been pretty busy with work and family. Anyhow here is what I've done lately.
Getting ready for our baby (who is now 4 months old), the Lexus got a car seat.
Over the winter I discovered I was slowly loosing coolant. Turns out the barb I had installed for the steam lines was leaking at the threads. I just turned a new barb out of aluminum and got it welded in at work.
I knew all along that the filter I had put on the intake was too small so I finally upgraded to the biggest size I could fit without going through the hood or fender well.
You can see on the right side of this picture where I added a GM MAF into the intake. Still don't have the car retuned to utilize this but at least it is mounted and wired.
At some point along the way I decided I should check the cabin air filter...I'm glad I did and kinda wish I had the day I bought the car.
Finally what so many have been wondering about. A/C. I got all the lines made up (and somehow forgot to take pictures of them. I also got the GM side wired with a relay and the factory pressure sensor. Took it over to a buddies shop to get charged and got cold air out of the vents. Then popped the high pressure relief on the back of the compressor. It seems like the system us building pressure and the sensor isn't shutting the compressor off as it should. I'm suspecting either a bad sensor, or poor choice of location for the sensor in the system (on my part). I still have work to do here but at least have light at the end of the tunnel since I felt cold air!