Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Lexus SC400/530

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-13, 12:12 PM
UsedFish
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus SC400/530

So I picked up this lexus SC400 from an old lady It was a 1 owner garage kept lexus with almost 200k miles on it

From the day I got the car i knew the rims had to go so I hopped on CL and found these IS250 rims for really cheap and i hopped on them

Shortly after that i got some used lowering springs and I traded the lexus rims to a friend for some LMGT4's that had really really bad curb rash and I took them in to get repaired

after all that i was happy with how the car looked and I decided to do some big boy stuff and went out and picked me up one of these babies

And since this is going to be a street/strip car i decided to go with a th400 that i picked up for really cheap and had it rebuilt

as of right now thats where im sitting with the car still gathering parts hopefully have the engine mounts fabbed up and engine mocked inside the car by the end of the month
Old 06-10-13, 12:39 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice to see another SC going the LSx route, keep us posted and if you have any questions there are a few of us lurking around that can help out with info.
Old 06-10-13, 12:45 PM
UsedFish
Driver School Candidate

i actually have a couple questions already.. like oil pan clearance if there is any issues with that. if there are any problems with running stock radiator. and i haven't figured out what to do about a shifter yet i would like to if possible keep the stock shifter but i'm sure the points are different
Old 06-10-13, 01:02 PM
Kire
Driver

This looks very promising! I thought about going the LSX route and maybe I will if I build another! Do they sell mounts for an SC300/400 chassis?
Old 06-10-13, 01:11 PM
Maserati
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Ugh!, you guys are tempting me with the V8 LS business!, good build underway
Old 06-10-13, 02:48 PM
Candela
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What lowering springs did you get? Also, those LM'S in 18 or 19?
Old 06-10-13, 03:36 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by UsedFish
i actually have a couple questions already.. like oil pan clearance if there is any issues with that. if there are any problems with running stock radiator. and i haven't figured out what to do about a shifter yet i would like to if possible keep the stock shifter but i'm sure the points are different
Oil pan will clear if your using an F-Body/Corvette LS oil pan. I can take pictures tomorrow of what needs to be cut for clearance, take about 40 seconds with an angle grinder. As for the stock radiator, I wouldnt chance it. Im running a Mishimoto for a TT Supra with a 160* thermostat and even with the 100* Houston weather, I havent seen over 167* coolant temps.

As for the shifter, that one you would want to message milltertime. He's using an auto trans, so he could direct you for the linkage. But Im sure it wouldnt be too hard to fab something up.

Originally Posted by Kire
This looks very promising! I thought about going the LSX route and maybe I will if I build another! Do they sell mounts for an SC300/400 chassis?
You will want to talk to AMSMike. He still makes the mounts on a per-order basis. He just setup another SC Im working on with some mounts. Good guy to deal with. Let him know I sent you his way.

Originally Posted by Maserati
Ugh!, you guys are tempting me with the V8 LS business!, good build underway
Do it, its well worth it. Check the video in my build thread, its convincing enough
Old 06-10-13, 06:13 PM
UsedFish
Driver School Candidate

Thanks man! haven't even got the 1uz out of my car yet im just getting everything ready prolly going to pull it out next week sometime. you run into any other surprises i need to know about
Old 06-10-13, 07:30 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I am subscribed on this one. How much did you pay for the car? There is alot of knowledge on here even with this swap. It can be done.
Old 06-10-13, 07:40 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by UsedFish
Thanks man! haven't even got the 1uz out of my car yet im just getting everything ready prolly going to pull it out next week sometime. you run into any other surprises i need to know about
Not really. PSI Conversion harness is your friend, along with the correct C5 Vette fuel filter. These 2 things will make life easier, and allow you to keep the return style fuel system and use the stock LS1 fuel rail.

Fuel filter: GM Part#10299146 (or Wix 33737)

You will need some fittings to make it work, other than that its a straight forward deal unless you would like to fab up your own fuel system. Not sure about your trans length vs. the T56, but those of us with the swap already were able to use the stock F-Body driveshaft with the Driftmotion DS adapter and a couple other parts.

Ill drop you a PM in a bit, but hope that helps out for now

Last edited by turbodremz; 06-10-13 at 08:04 PM.
Old 06-11-13, 04:51 PM
UsedFish
Driver School Candidate

Got another thing checked off my list of parts i need

Originally Posted by turbodremz
Not really. PSI Conversion harness is your friend, along with the correct C5 Vette fuel filter. These 2 things will make life easier, and allow you to keep the return style fuel system and use the stock LS1 fuel rail.

Fuel filter: GM Part#10299146 (or Wix 33737)

You will need some fittings to make it work, other than that its a straight forward deal unless you would like to fab up your own fuel system. Not sure about your trans length vs. the T56, but those of us with the swap already were able to use the stock F-Body driveshaft with the Driftmotion DS adapter and a couple other parts.

Ill drop you a PM in a bit, but hope that helps out for now
Thanks a million I feel alot better going into this after talking to you and miller time!

Originally Posted by Candela
What lowering springs did you get? Also, those LM'S in 18 or 19?
a free brand haha! I honestly don't know they were given to me they are red springs if that helps as the the LM's they are 18x8.5 front and 18x9.5 rear

Last edited by UsedFish; 06-11-13 at 05:33 PM.
Old 06-19-13, 11:37 PM
UsedFish
Driver School Candidate

Haven't gotten much physically done but i did come across a sweet deal that is going to change my build just a little bit... I just picked up a TVS 1900 supercharger kit for the 5.3!!
Old 06-20-13, 01:57 AM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

man this thing is going to be a beast.
Old 07-04-13, 07:52 AM
UsedFish
Driver School Candidate

Well finally got some time to work on the car and Decided not to go supercharge the 5.3 but stick with the original plan of using Nitrous so back to tackling the biggest headache so far which has been getting everything to work with the LS1 intake so i ordered the waterpump spacers to use an ls1 waterpump with the 5.3 accessories

And then we had to tackle the alternator bracket problem i didnt want to spend 300 dollars on the kwik bracket so we decided to try and make an offset plate to run the factory alternator and PS mount

(Sorry for the crappy pic but phone was almost dead and flash wasnt working will take better pics when i get back to the shop)

and my f-body oil pan finally came in

Last edited by UsedFish; 07-04-13 at 08:04 AM.
Old 07-04-13, 10:12 AM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

If I was gonna do a th400, I would do a B&M ratchet shifter. They look sick and work awesome.

Quick Reply: Lexus SC400/530