Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My 92 SC300 1JZGTE Single turbo makeover

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-13, 05:40 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I like it man. The whole thing just flows to me. Nice job. It looks like the center vent cracked again, after I reinforced it? Did you break it or did it get damaged in shipping? Your center console turned out better than mine. I got mine back yesterday.
Old 07-28-13, 05:40 PM
flash92sc
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The end of pics !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PICS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails My 92 SC300 1JZGTE Single turbo makeover-kylies-b-day-and-sc-066.jpg   My 92 SC300 1JZGTE Single turbo makeover-kylies-b-day-and-sc-067.jpg   My 92 SC300 1JZGTE Single turbo makeover-kylies-b-day-and-sc-068.jpg   My 92 SC300 1JZGTE Single turbo makeover-kylies-b-day-and-sc-069.jpg  
Old 07-28-13, 05:42 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I think after looking at your interior again, have you thought about painting the area across the bottom? This is where the gas/trunk release switches are and the part below the glove box to black? Not knocking it by any means, but I think it will flow a tad bit better. Overall looks mo better, I knew you could do it.

You need to get back to work for FedEx and quit so much money and effort on this car. LOL
Old 07-28-13, 05:44 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Did you replace the tweeter cloth or paint it or used OEM black tweeters? All you need now is the climate control done with a new LCD, and you will be set.
Old 07-28-13, 06:13 PM
flash92sc
Pole Position

Default fed up lol

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
I think after looking at your interior again, have you thought about painting the area across the bottom? This is where the gas/trunk release switches are and the part below the glove box to black? Not knocking it by any means, but I think it will flow a tad bit better. Overall looks mo better, I knew you could do it.

You need to get back to work for FedEx and quit so much money and effort on this car. LOL
thanks mark i work or used to work for UPS not Fed X but anyway i agree on your suggestion on the bottom pieces ,it probably would flow better with the door bottoms being black . The center vent cracked in that upper corner when i was installing it i think it bummed me out but ill live with it not taking that apart again for a long time
Old 07-28-13, 06:17 PM
flash92sc
Pole Position

Default tweeter cloth

i painted those little covers just like the door speaker and the rear speaker covers ,i went nuts with that Landau black SEM lol . i bet i bought 8 cans of black and 3 sandstone .
and the climate control is at Lextech as we speak or type . Getting the back light and the button lights done in bright white and the screen was clear its the one i bought on eBay with just the front ,i put it on one of the other CC i had and it worked great just had stock lighting

Did you replace the tweeter cloth or paint it or used OEM black tweeters? All you need now is the climate control done with a new LCD, and you will be set.
Old 07-28-13, 06:23 PM
flash92sc
Pole Position

Default Mats

What you think about mats bro i have been looking forever for a set of stock black ones but they are impossible to find nemore . I found a set on ebay cut to fit perfectly our cars but i cant make up my mind on black mats with tan edging and tan emblem or tan mats with black edging and black emblems ,i think ill have my emblems say 1JZ or 1BD1J something like that instead of Lexus

I like it man. The whole thing just flows to me. Nice job. It looks like the center vent cracked again, after I reinforced it? Did you break it or did it get damaged in shipping? Your center console turned out better than mine. I got mine back yesterday.
Old 07-28-13, 06:29 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I think FedEx is better. LOL J/K..

I would find a nice set of IS300 mats in black. They should be still available from the dealer. Thats what I put in Jays car, they fit nicely. You know how **** I am.
Old 07-29-13, 02:14 AM
95SC3T
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flash92sc
One of my sons & I went to Kentucky Motor Speedway for the Import Alliance show this aft . It was pretty cool as far as its the first one Ive been too ,way too many Hondas and 240 sx but i did see some pretty sweet rides there and my son had a good time too. My SC was a hit with the SC crowd although there wasn't very many of them there . Most of the SC were NA cars and a few had some nice stance and wheel setups but not the goods under the hood . This part of the country is not SC mecca like down south or out west .

My car pics are first then i post some of the cars i thought were cool etc.
maybe they should be on a separate post instead of my build thread if mods want to move that's cool
My platinum in the background of the first pic lol. Sorry guys mines a very slow build!
Old 07-29-13, 07:08 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I was going to ask, who's SC that was. I like it a lot. Thats one of my favorite colors behind Ren Red and pearl white.
Old 07-29-13, 04:37 PM
flash92sc
Pole Position

Default Platinum metallic

I was going to ask, who's SC that was. I like it a lot. Thats one of my favorite colors behind Ren Red and pearl white.

I know your not in the market but that's what I've been working on for the last few days after I finished my interior . I have a 96 SC400 platinum metallic I'm going to sell for my nephews X fiancé lol . Little tricky situation I wasn't planning on ,but it's all good I was planning on fixing some deep scratches n a couple small dents but ended up being a all over on the paint .The car looks sweet though I can't wait to finish it up ,detail it up and get on market
Old 07-29-13, 07:09 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I am in the market to keep my SC, that's what I am in the market for. LOL

I am keeping the SC.
Old 07-29-13, 11:35 PM
95SC3T
Pole Position

Yea 1jzpwrd at first sight I was like eh on the color. But now that I have it and the all black interior is mint and has minor body defects and I'm do a 2jzgte swap on it. I have grown to like the color. Actually gonna respray it next year. This picture also made me want to keep it platinum
Attached Thumbnails My 92 SC300 1JZGTE Single turbo makeover-image-3654176674.jpg  
Old 07-30-13, 03:39 PM
Reyke
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

OK very nice thread, I have to say I never spent a lot of time on my interiors, but this site and this thread has got the gears turning
Old 11-11-13, 06:45 AM
Soarin96
Rookie

Read the whole thread. . Well done! I'm in the process of two toning my interior with sandstone and black. Thanks for sharing all your pix. Helps with the confidence. I can see How Nice It will turn out.
Question on masking off the dash vs pulling it. After spraying it, can you see some of the brown around the edge where it meets the windshield?

Quick Reply: My 92 SC300 1JZGTE Single turbo makeover