Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS400 owner vehicles

My UCF10 build

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-13, 12:35 PM
cody09
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My UCF10 build

made sort of an intro thread the other day so I figured id go ahead and make a build thread to start tracking my progress. I owned a ucf20 last summer but couldn't afford to maintain it, so It had to go, and ive wanted another ls so bad, and I got a new job making much much better money so I can actually afford the car now. sadly I cant afford a decent camera so sorry for the **** pictures

picked it up a couple weeks ago bone stock with cut springs and konigs

so I brought it home, took off the lexus tag on the front bumper, took off the mudflaps, the horrible plastic water collecting rust causing fender trim, and the antenna that was just kinda shoved in the hole where the stock one broke off. gave it a good bath and drove it to work

a couple days later I was driving and the rear spring unseated, and the monster truck 245/50/17 tire rubbed into the spring and blew out, well, while I was changing the tire, I noticed that the previous owner was trying to commit suicide

I myself, enjoy my life and have quite a bit to live for, so I fixed this without even hesitating. I went ahead and replaced both uca's and I bought smaller tires for the rear.

after this, me and a buddy drove up to pullapart because someone told me there was a ucf10 there with immaculate interior, and they weren't lying, but the interior was tan so i couldn't use it, however i DID grab what was in the console

did a full led interior light conversion, all 4 doors, dome lights, map lights, trunk lights, footwell lights and license plate lights

i wanted to change up my tails because i really don't like stock ls tails, and i didn't wanna run red/clear tails, so i decided to tint them red, i know, i know, its uneven, ill be getting another set to tint soon, just wanted to see how id like it

i currently have clear bumper lights being sent to me and a new antenna mast so i can rebuild the stock antenna.

i guess that's really all i have for now, i almost have enough in my savings to buy megan ez streets, i HAD enough, but having to buy new tires and new ucas took almost 400 dollars of it so im still recovering from that. future plans will deff. be full coils so i can put this car on the ground, exhaust work, window tint, which will hopefully get done in the next couple weeks, and wheels. im kind of rushing to get the car ready for IA summer meet in Kentucky so im wanting to get the bigger mods out of the way for now then start doing little details over the fall/winter.
Old 06-04-13, 12:46 PM
akitomk3
Lead Lap

Great job so far and i love your tinted red tails as i did the same to mine. However, i only did it to the amber part. I assume that you already had plan for some coils and better wheels correct? Can't be driving on cut springs like that.
Old 06-04-13, 01:09 PM
cody09
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by akitomk3
Great job so far and i love your tinted red tails as i did the same to mine. However, i only did it to the amber part. I assume that you already had plan for some coils and better wheels correct? Can't be driving on cut springs like that.
Oh yea, I'm a suspension freak. I had the lowest static dropped 7th gen civic ever built at one time.

However, it had macpherson suspension so it was an absolute nightmare, so I'm like a kid in a candy store knowing that all I have to do is cut a hole for the uca in the front and tuck up my exhaust