Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Tabaka Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-14, 07:13 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just believe if it has a clean Title , nice mods, tastly done you will get some money for it.

Remember that FL car, Teelex car if that thing had I clean title I would had been all over it he wanted $35k , he parted out and made more maybe but it's time consuming.

Now days a lot of broke a$$es driving SCs so...
Old 07-09-14, 10:15 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Teelex car was one of the best modded SC I have ever seen. I totally agree, a clean title would definitely be a plus. I didn't know that Teelex car didn't have a clean title. It is just that I have seen a lot of our SCs have been advertised for sale and takes forever to sell that is why I guess sellers end up parting them out.

Another thing that is going against our SCs is its brethren, the MKIV. The Supra MKIV TT has relegated our SCs as second rank citizens. Someone who has $35k would more likely go for a MKIV even if an SC has more mods just because it is a Supra MKIV TT ... big hype on the MKIV especially a 6 speed.

No offense meant to those who have MKIV TT (because I have two of them) , now that I have a modded SC , I would rather take my SC to a 1000 mile trip than take my MKIV. That's just me !
Old 07-09-14, 10:42 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah he said it had a salvage Title, if it was a clean title car I would jumped on it $35k +1002whp= Win

My insurance will not insure it for $40K-$50k so I couldn't do it.

I like then bought, Supra or SC. I drive the **** out of my cars, if I wanna take my 1000hp lexus or Supra on 1600 miles trip, I would do it , cars are made to be driven imo I can't have a bad *** car sitting in the garage collecting dust unless I am waiting on parts etc..
Old 07-30-14, 08:00 AM
GISguy
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

So....there's only a few other SC enthusiast guys in NoVa- couple of them do work at my buddy's shop occasionally- familiar with Narvin L. or Cris C.? Mine's actually the same color as Narvin's and his ride is kind of an inspiration for mine at the moment.
Old 07-30-14, 08:32 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, I know both Narvin and Cris. Both of them worked at a Toyota dealer for a long time and I'd visit them often. It's a small group in our area and I assume the shop you're referring to is the Triple OG garage. Cris has a LS400, but I know Narvin still has the 300. There are a few other members in our area which are pretty active with meets and stuff. I'm just old, married, and became a father recently so I don't get out much anymore. Plus the car hasn't been operational since February and I don't have the time or motivation to fix it right now. If you need any emergency parts, I have a bunch of stuff laying around.
Old 07-31-14, 05:25 AM
GISguy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tabaka
Yes, I know both Narvin and Cris. Both of them worked at a Toyota dealer for a long time and I'd visit them often. It's a small group in our area and I assume the shop you're referring to is the Triple OG garage. Cris has a LS400, but I know Narvin still has the 300. There are a few other members in our area which are pretty active with meets and stuff. I'm just old, married, and became a father recently so I don't get out much anymore. Plus the car hasn't been operational since February and I don't have the time or motivation to fix it right now. If you need any emergency parts, I have a bunch of stuff laying around.
That's the one! Unless you have spare fog housings, coilovers, side skirts, or grill, I'm good, I think.
Old 09-02-14, 11:08 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Update: I added a car cover recently because a police officer threatened me with a ticket. Apparently he didn't like that my inspection sticker was expired since March. I told him that I haven't driven the car since February but he didn't care. I bought a used crossmember from Aliga and a new battery + spark plugs from Autozone a few weeks ago. The new plugs didn't do anything and the car is still shaking violently. I should have a compression check done before I waste anymore money.
Old 09-10-14, 07:28 PM
Shrugy
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Update: I added a car cover recently because a police officer threatened me with a ticket. Apparently he didn't like that my inspection sticker was expired since March. I told him that I haven't driven the car since February but he didn't care. I bought a used crossmember from Aliga and a new battery + spark plugs from Autozone a few weeks ago. The new plugs didn't do anything and the car is still shaking violently. I should have a compression check done before I waste anymore money.
Ignition coil or Coil pack possibly?
Old 09-11-14, 06:19 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Shrugy
Ignition coil or Coil pack possibly?
Would a bad ignition coil trigger a CEL? Also, would the bad ignition coil cause heavy vibration like I've described? I have no check engine light, car is OBD1.
Old 09-11-14, 08:35 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Would a bad ignition coil trigger a CEL? Also, would the bad ignition coil cause heavy vibration like I've described? I have no check engine light, car is OBD1.
Are you still using distributor.....I would try new plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor....

BTW...my old 2jzge had similar simples that you are having.....I replaced plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, o2 sensors and still didnt fix my issues.....at that point i sunk enough into GE I decided not to waste anymore money on GE and pulled it out.

I would not rule out a blown HG
Old 09-12-14, 07:32 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

I'm having a compression check done next week. I sold my turbo last night which gave me a little more money to investigate. It's crazy that I sold everything from this build just to repair the car so I can sell it. Such a waste of time and money.
Old 09-12-14, 08:06 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm having a compression check done next week. I sold my turbo last night which gave me a little more money to investigate. It's crazy that I sold everything from this build just to repair the car so I can sell it. Such a waste of time and money.
Modding cars is an expensive hobby...
Old 12-12-14, 11:22 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Not much to update as the car hasn't moved in 12 months. It looks so lonely in the garage and I sometimes forget it's even in there. I have absolutely no money to fix this car and it's sad.

Old 12-12-14, 12:23 PM
GISguy
Intermediate

Not much to update as the car hasn't moved in 12 months. It looks so lonely in the garage and I sometimes forget it's even in there. I have absolutely no money to fix this car and it's sad.

If you ever decide to part out, lemme know

What's broken with it again?
Old 12-12-14, 01:12 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey man, it is sad for sure, but at least you have a place to put it. A guy here with a similar situation would loose the car. A garage space in my neighborhood is $500+ per month and cars on the street have alternate side parking every day but Wednesday so they have to run.

You have had quite a hard time with this one.

What are her problems right now? Just the vibrations and running strangely?

Last edited by Studiogeek; 12-12-14 at 01:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Tabaka Build