Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Tabaka Build

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-14, 10:27 AM
hcharlesc3
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ashtray
Sheeeeet 3k for that particular SC is a steal.
Lol.... yea it is.... I saw a factory 5 speed for 3500 on cl last week. It was gone in a few hours
Old 06-19-14, 10:55 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Good luck on your ventures......sad to see you give up on the SC...but like you said you dont have much spare time to fix it up
Old 06-19-14, 11:48 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Tabaka I think with your luck with motors you should stay far far away from a rotoray powered car. Those FD's are even more demanding maintenance wise, and you never know when those seals are going to pop. The S2000 would be much more reliable.
Old 06-19-14, 12:10 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Just read that you're giving up on your SC. Man, I went through the same ordeal with my first SC. I bought a used car cause I didn't want car payments since I have a family myself. But didn't really expect that it'll basically ask for the entire car to be rebuilt and replaced. Lol

Gave up on that SC and found a better platform SC as a project which didn't require anything to be fixed other than a tune up. And if you haven't seen my reintro thread, I got on that really quick. I garage it 5 days a week and drive it around town on wifey's day off or the weekends. And use the first SC as a daily driver that I refuse to fix issues now. Lol I want to trade or sell it for a 4 door, either a 1st gen GS or a VVTi ES300. And I just can't do it yet, because when I posted a for sale ad for it it popped with a CEL which I cannot fix for over a year now, then starter is starting to go, and to top it it was in a bit and ran outside of Ross when my parents where driving it while they where on vacation here. Knowing the resale value of these cars I don't wanna let it go without getting top dollar or at the least book value, so I still need to fix every issue before I can move forward from it. And guess what, my smogs due next month. Lol

So yeah, I know how you feel. But at least I now have another SC that isn't too much of a headache which kinda makes up for it.
Old 06-19-14, 12:13 PM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if ur budget is 10-13k you could buy an already swapped gte vehicle thats reliable for that price. and just dont touch it, leave it as is and just maintain it. thats what i would do. stay away from the rotaries....
Old 06-19-14, 01:38 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by wirelesstj
if ur budget is 10-13k you could buy an already swapped gte vehicle thats reliable for that price. and just dont touch it, leave it as is and just maintain it. thats what i would do. stay away from the rotaries....
Yeah, you can find a really nice swapped SC for 10-13. I see swapped cars go for as low as 5k now-a days.
Old 06-19-14, 01:38 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Or, just spend the money to do a quality swap since you put a lot of time and money in your SC
Old 06-19-14, 01:39 PM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by wirelesstj
^I'd personally go with this option as well for a GTE swapped SC/GS or maybe IS. That way the family can still ride if you wanted them to. You get a 2 seater, you can't bring baby along. Not sure, that's your prerogative.

I know how you feel Shane, I had an AP1 S2K also which I loved also. It's like night and day comparing that and the SC. There was a time when I had both, but had to get rid of one to get a Sedan.

Good luck, I might be able to get some parts off you depending on what they are.
Old 06-20-14, 04:43 PM
OnyxBubble
Driver School Candidate

i feel you man....I had a 1jz swapped MK3 Supra that i put over 10k in over 8 years that i had to sell when my daughter was born. Then once I got financially stable again I purchased a 87' Corolla GT-S (AE86) that I fully restored with my OWN two hands...............Then.....here comes my son..lol. Again sold the car I worked so hard to build. and now, I'm taking a shot at this sexy 95' SC bubble I just got my hands on....It will NOT be sold!Believe me, I know it sucks not being able to enjoy your ride. Moral of the story is, find a good balance between your fam and your hobby/passion. You have a pretty healthy budget to work with man....Take your time and think about the car that will really put you back in the game....
Old 06-20-14, 06:13 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd rather just buy a reliable car that is fun out of the box. The S2000 sort of meets that criteria. You have to admit, the SC just sucks in stock form and even with some mods, it's really not that much fun to drive.
Old 06-20-14, 06:32 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Tabaka
I'd rather just buy a reliable car that is fun out of the box. The S2000 sort of meets that criteria. You have to admit, the SC just sucks in stock form and even with some mods, it's really not that much fun to drive.
Agreed......SC was not that much fun but after the GTE swap and single turbo.....I would not think about getting rid of the SC now..

I would sell off most of your aftermarket parts for the SC and convert it back to stock it is much easier to get money by parting it out then trying to sell it as is...

The SC is a great platform and is unique car that you dont see all the time....I would find a better condition SC or one that is already swapped for that price range....
Old 06-20-14, 08:42 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Tabaka
I can't say I can agree with this. My lightly massaged SC400 is pretty fun to drive. Definitely a different experience then the S2K, though, but still puts a smile on my face when I drove it. And my NA-T SC300 is also fun to drive.....when it's not broken down. lol
Old 06-20-14, 09:10 PM
babowc
Driver

I've driven a S2000 for 6 years, and decided it was time to let her go when I began feeling that it was way too cramped. I'm only 26 but it began feeling cramped and not-enough-space when I needed to actually do something other than drive the car.

I'm sure you will end up feeling the same way. It's a great car in stock form, and even better when you get some sticky tires and a proper suspension setup. Mine handled like on rails and I felt that it was quick-enough.

I would stay away from a FD unless it was LSx swapped, as the rotaries are just plain money pits.

You can't classify the SC and S2000 in the same category, whatsoever. Two polar opposites.
Old 06-24-14, 01:51 PM
MrCJ305
Lead Lap

An SC no fun? Says who lol once you begin modding and going faster things change. You just can't expect to have an SC as a daily because when its time to mod you will need a daily driver. That's why I have my Z and Ruckus
Old 06-24-14, 03:06 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On a side note the s2000 will begin to feel cramped quite quickly. I've only driven my friends a handfull of times but even then it is soooooo small in there and I really prefer my SC even if it is slower. I have the PBM coils so it handles great even though it is heavy. And once its turbo'd properly it'll be a beast. For reference I am 6'0.

Quick Reply: Tabaka Build