Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Tabaka Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-13, 10:48 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Tabaka
I'm going to discuss all kinds of awesome'ness about my car and the amazing design that Toyota created. Lets start with the L port location for AC recharge. What brilliant Japanese man decided to put the low port inlet 3 inches from the exhaust manifold on the firewall? I realized this tonight when I decided to put in a little freon for that arctic breeze through those NASA engineered vents that crack after 7 minutes of ownership. I have a 2nd degree burn on my wrist now lol.
LMAO, thats nothing on GE, try getting to it on GTE with stock Twins! Anyways everything is looking fresh, i would suggest black seatbelts. The list you made is pretty good, injectors should be no problem for 350rwhp. Problem is going to be you going to turn it up later lol. I have ACT 6 puck clutch on mine its rated up to 450rwhp i think and its decent as far as how it engages. I would not want to drive the car in stop and go traffic every single day with it though. 2 grand is def a low budget for a NA-T no matter how you look at it. I would def get a good turbo no less then a grand or at least buy the drift motion NA-T kit, they claim to use garett internals.
Old 05-31-13, 04:33 AM
sr71b
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I loved the euro lines on the car.
Good luck man, I'm gonna start a boost build myself in the near future.
Old 06-05-13, 07:09 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Got my cluster completed by Lextech. What a difference from having no needles and burnt out bulbs to this!

Old 06-06-13, 12:43 AM
sc4demon
Lexus Test Driver

love the new wheels
Old 06-06-13, 04:19 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Anymore pics of the Fujin lip?
What did you not like?
Thats the second Azz rejection. You are a picky Sc bum aficionado.
Old 06-06-13, 07:30 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Been staring at the Driftmotion kit all morning.... almost clicked add to cart once already. I need to save up a little more for an intercooler kit, clutch/pressure plate, and engine management. Hopefully by July 31st I'll have every part I need for install.

Should I stay away from SAFC? Club NA-T was the mecca of information, and it's no longer around. I'll do a little searching over at the Supra forums but please chime in if you love/hate the SAFC.
Old 06-06-13, 07:49 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Buy a Tial Wg, get a decent Turbo that will not blow up on the Dyno or Smoke after 5min of use.

9psi of the wastegate spring should be plenty for you and safe at the same time.

But whatever you do , please get some Injectors 440-550cc please don't waste your time on the stock Injectors.

I got the Oil feed line , intercooler with piping brand new, and HKS BoV all brand new but i will give you the deal of the year.

Oil line i will give you for free.

Why buy a kit when you can spend almost the same amount or a little more and have brand new and quatify stuff.

If i could come to VA , i would come out there help you knock it out one weekend.. unless you wanna come pick me up and drop me off because i am not driving in VA.
Old 06-06-13, 09:04 AM
turbo95SC
Rookie

Lookin good man! I like what you've done with the exterior and interior. Good luck with the build. If you damage your W58 and might need to swap it out in the future, let me know because I might still have my W58 sitting around. Good luck with the build!
Old 06-06-13, 09:23 AM
flash92sc
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck with the build. Your car looks sick bro let me know what clutch setup you decide to go with
I'm going to need one eventually in my gte to single with a W58. My car waz Dyno at 390 whp at 17 lbs boost
Old 06-06-13, 09:27 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Omar, Locally your the most honest tuner/installer I know with a great reputation. I can drop the car off at your location for a week, but I'd like to be around a little so I can learn. I'll send you a PM to discuss the required pieces and details.
Old 06-06-13, 11:21 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Tabaka great to see you starting your build, you car is looking sharp.
Club lexus SC section is the new mecca of na-t info. you don't need that site all you need is in the tt ecu mod thread.
I wouldn't do the safc on the ge ecu with any turbo, if you drive your car alot you may be wishing you stayed n/a especially if you are 5spd I ran it and would stall out when shifting out of gear after boost, and then loose power brakes until you get it started again. you learn to work around it and you can recirculate and do all these extra things, but it never runs 100% right day to day, and it would always idle very lean after driving, I literally hated it and regretted turbocharging my car for months. then I tried a map ecu on the ge ecu, just as bad if not even worse but that could have been me. then I went aem, which got my car running finally for a year or so but daily driving it was not pleasant it was very touchy especially at very low speeds (going up or down a parking garage), it took alot of tuning and tweaking for me to be alright with it.
Then I saw the light and sold it all and decided I was going to find a way to make the gte ecu work or part out my car, I sold my aem long before I knew the gte ecu would work, so you can put aem in ecu's I hate also.
And I don't actually hate the safc or map ecu, they are good units, its the ge ecu that was the problem. the aem.. well the aem was the problem there.

ask Omar, if you run the gte ecu and some 440-550cc injectors you won't have any drivability issues, it will drive well, it will cruise well, it will idle perfect, and it will boost as safely as possible because it runs so rich.
It's a little more cost but it will be a solid setup, and if you piece the parts together on the turbo kit side you can still be around your budget, get quality stuff, and make more power just from having the proper tune.
I no longer have any issues about the way the car drives (and I am picky about that), its literally perfect for me and I think others who have done it feel the same way. good luck whichever route you choose we will help you get it working.
Old 06-06-13, 11:43 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Ali, thanks for the reply. I'm going to read your GTE ECU mod thread in detail this evening. I definitely want this to be a reliable daily driver when needed.

What clutch are you guys recommending with a W58? Act Street/Strip set up? They're about $440 on driftmotion including the pressure plate, but it's limited to 350lbs of torque. Will this hold up over time.
Old 06-06-13, 12:05 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Competition, Clutchmasters or Southbend.
Old 06-06-13, 12:13 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

What do you guys think about this Borg Warner S300 turbo that 1JZPWRD discussed? It's around $600 brand new and fits any T4 manifold.
Old 06-06-13, 12:37 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

S360 is called BW 83-75 and that's the one you want.

Call tims Turbo he is in VA and he can get you setup with whatever your goals are !

Have him machine off the mormon flange from the exhaust housing and weld a true 3' v band on it and it will work with any 3" DP.

Quick Reply: Tabaka Build