Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Tabaka Build

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-13, 08:17 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Omar, believe it or not, 3 weeks from now would be perfect. I'm off of work the entire week of June 29th - July 7th. Let me know if any days during that week would work out for you. I can even leave the car in your possession, though I'd want to look over your shoulder from time to time to learn a few things.

Do you think I can gather all of the necessary parts in that short of time? I'm looking at the list that Ali posted above + a few items that might be tough to get a hold of. I will need some help gathering the parts. I have the money necessary to purchase everything if Ali's prices are semi-accurate. Obviously I'd want to pay any assisted labor for the major services you'd be providing. Lets talk by PM this week if possible
Old 06-14-13, 08:19 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Oh, awesome news today guys. My wife and I went for our 20 week appointment and we're having a little girl. What a great fathers day weekend.
Old 06-14-13, 08:59 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

How about this clutch everybody?

Competition clutch $405 w/free shipping

"This assembly, available with a double spring, six rivet carriage is good for ease of gear transition with higher horsepower. This disc complimented by a performance pressure plate provides 250% increase in torque capacity. 300 mile break-in recommended with this set-up.

The 1620 Series kit includes a performance pressure plate, a six puck high torque sprung disc with ceramic buttons, installation bearings, and the appropriate alignment tool. "
Old 06-15-13, 11:46 AM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Omar swears by the Southbend clutches, so much so... that I wont even bother trying any other. Thats what Im gonna run when I do my manual swap.
Old 06-15-13, 04:50 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^^^This haha.

I spent a ridiculous amount of time and money to see what work and what doesn't.

I lost 4+engines using act , my friend lost one using spec, others with rps.

Competitions, Clutchmasters and Southbend are the only I will ever use!

I love SB because they can built it for your setup and they actually test the stuff before mailing it to you.

You can actually send them your FW and they will test everything for you.

Customer service is untouchable, unbeatable. .and they are very honest.

They saved me $250 once before, and I've been in love with them every since.
Old 06-16-13, 07:07 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Created a WTB thread for parts

Hopefully big things will be happening soon. If you guys have any of this stuff let me know.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...ml#post7993822
Old 06-17-13, 06:19 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Bought my first part for this build today, the DS62 ignitor. I'm very excited and motivated now. Ali sent me a note about the 440 injectors. Can anyone suggest a good aftermarket set that doesn't require the resistor pack?

I need to dig up the 2JZGTE ECU, MAP, and VVTI coils. I'm going to send a PM to Omar to see if he has them available to purchase.

Last edited by Tabaka; 06-17-13 at 07:21 PM.
Old 06-17-13, 11:30 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

so apparently you can keep your stock ECU. "It will work perfectly with your car - no need to upgrade to a TT ecu You can use an sc400 MAF (the V8 MAF pairs with the larger MK3 injectors so that no further tuning/piggyback/stand-alone is required). Plug and play!"

this is what i have been told. how true is this? Im also looking to turbo my sc300 soon, and im just like Tabaka, the funds are limited
Old 06-18-13, 08:43 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by myLEXsc400
so apparently you can keep your stock ECU. "It will work perfectly with your car - no need to upgrade to a TT ecu You can use an sc400 MAF (the V8 MAF pairs with the larger MK3 injectors so that no further tuning/piggyback/stand-alone is required). Plug and play!"

this is what i have been told. how true is this? Im also looking to turbo my sc300 soon, and im just like Tabaka, the funds are limited
that's what people did a decade ago when there was no other way to increase injector size. Thats all it does though is increase injector size and you get a little more fuel only at WOT. If you think thats all it takes to run a turbo car perfectly vs a non turbo car, just a little more fuel.. then go right ahead and try it, but the GE ecu aims for stoich everywhere except for WOT, and if your turbo makes boost on part throttle (most turbo's do) its going to confuse the ecu and the ecu starts to swing the air fuel ratios around. The only thing that works half right is WOT, but the timing is not optimal and you will pick up more power going to a turbo ecu, which knows how to richen up the mixture in transition to boost, to keep your turbo and motor happy, spool faster, and pretty much do everything better. the ge ecu is a glorified door stop once you put on a turbo, but the gte ecu on the other hand will run your car perfectly. the sc400 maf is also very fussy I wouldn't try it if the parts were sitting in front of me and that's all I had.

I was telling Tabaka, before I figured out how to use the GTE ecu, I tried most of the other setups people claim to run "perfectly" and for like 2 years I really regretted turbocharging my car, because my SC was running literally perfect before I messed with it, and after the turbo it ran like @$%@.
What I am getting at is a na-t without the proper engine management is not fun, in fact its a huge headache if you have to use that car often.
do it once and do it right, or enjoy your car how it is. I preferred my car stock over all the previous setups I had run except the gte ecu.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 06-18-13 at 08:50 AM.
Old 06-18-13, 09:31 AM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Thank You Ali. Thats what I needed to know. The guy who is trying to sell me his "complete" turbo kit told me what i put in quotations. I'm definitely going with a TT ECU when i finally get around to pulling the trigger on all the parts
Old 06-18-13, 08:39 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Turbo question time. Omar suggested the Borg Warner s360 with a .91 but I found a bigger s366 for much, much cheaper brand new. Though it might spool a little later, it should hit like a bat out of hell. And the benefit is that it's almost $500 cheaper than the s360. So with that, anyone have any rejections for my budget?

S366 turbine housing is a T4 twin scroll .91A/R

EDIT: Found the s360 for $800 and the S366 for $620. Strange considering the S366 is newer and larger I believe. Still the same question, every dollar counts these days.

Last edited by Tabaka; 06-18-13 at 09:28 PM.
Old 06-19-13, 05:32 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

S360 is what you want, 366 is too big for your goal .

You wanna get it with 88 ar.

I have an s366 with 3k miles I can sell for cheap, but you may not like how it spools.

If you can come to Md, I have one on my car and we can go for a ride to see if you like the spooling time on the s366.

Depending on what gear your in it will come on around 3800 -4000rpm on stock 2jzgte .

You got my number call me.
Old 06-19-13, 06:40 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Wow, 4,000!!! Nevermind. That's a little higher up than I'd like. I'll give you a call over the weekend

I also need to call Tims Turbo to get some pricing.
Old 06-19-13, 06:46 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

14-17 psi 3800 -4k rpm.
Old 06-19-13, 06:57 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tabaka
Wow, 4,000!!! Nevermind. That's a little higher up than I'd like. I'll give you a call over the weekend

I also need to call Tims Turbo to get some pricing.
It's the large exhaust wheel on the s366 that makes the borg warner more lazy then comparable PTE or Garrett units. Originally these turbo's were designed to perform on large diesel engines with gobs or torque and they needed large amounts of exhaust flow to assist in efficiency.

Quick Reply: Tabaka Build