Tabaka Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-14, 07:14 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ashtray
Well that blows. Goodluck.
Thanks man, a lot of money, effort, and motivation is required to get it going again

I have faith, It just needs a lot of TLC
Old 02-24-14, 02:50 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

so, i take it no more pics of the wrapped roof? sorry to bother, but I'm trying to get as much info on this as i can before i actually do mine
Old 02-24-14, 06:06 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

I've got a few pics of my roof wrap on instagram. Search "stabaka" for a few more pics. There is also a roof wrap thread floating around on club lexus with more pictures.
Old 05-28-14, 02:57 PM
hcharlesc3
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any updates?
Old 05-28-14, 05:56 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Updates? Not really. The car hasn't been driven since the first week of February. I jumped timing and managed to wobble my harmonic balancer loose. Oumar took a look this past weekend and found several issues. Because the car sat for so long, the calipers seized. Then he looked closely and noticed that the front cross member is rusted thru. Add that to my engine problems and it's a mess. My signature tells the story in detail.

So, instead of trying to fix this beat GE, we decided to swap to probably a 1JZ. I'm still going single as I have the BW turbo and oil lines. I created a FS thread with my NA-T parts. If everything goes well, I should have the swap completed in June.
Old 05-29-14, 07:56 AM
hcharlesc3
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sucks your having all those issues. Hopefully everything goes smoothly from here on out. The 1jz swap with the single setup will run just as good. Im going to check out your fs thread to see if i can use anything for my setup.
Old 05-29-14, 08:52 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Tabaka
Updates? Not really. The car hasn't been driven since the first week of February. I jumped timing and managed to wobble my harmonic balancer loose. Oumar took a look this past weekend and found several issues. Because the car sat for so long, the calipers seized. Then he looked closely and noticed that the front cross member is rusted thru. Add that to my engine problems and it's a mess. My signature tells the story in detail.

So, instead of trying to fix this beat GE, we decided to swap to probably a 1JZ. I'm still going single as I have the BW turbo and oil lines. I created a FS thread with my NA-T parts. If everything goes well, I should have the swap completed in June.
At some point it makes sense just to get rid of the GE.....same thing happened to me I spend about 400-500 fixing sensors, tune up, etc.......and nothing seemed to help the 169k GE so I told myself I wasnt wasting anymore money on the old engine and decided to pull it and start saving for 2JZGTE swap.....I couldnt be happier today with my decision you wont regret it.....Good luck and feel free to PM with any questions....

Are you going to get 1JZGTE w/r154 or just the motor?
Old 05-29-14, 11:09 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Just the motor, I'll do my best not to grenade the W58 for a year. The SC isn't my daily driver so I'll only end up driving it once or twice a month. It's painful to think that I'm spending thousands upon thousands of dollars on a car that I haven't driven in 5 months, and only plan on driving a couple dozen times a year.
Old 05-29-14, 11:37 AM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Damn sounds like the same problem Im having with my GE. Some how the balancer started wobbling and made the bolt back out which caused everything to go down hill. Hopefully I didn't do any internal damage or any other damage.
Old 05-29-14, 12:26 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Tabaka
Just the motor, I'll do my best not to grenade the W58 for a year. The SC isn't my daily driver so I'll only end up driving it once or twice a month. It's painful to think that I'm spending thousands upon thousands of dollars on a car that I haven't driven in 5 months, and only plan on driving a couple dozen times a year.
You will drive it more than that once you experience boost........

I drive mine more than I thought......boost is an addiction...
Old 05-29-14, 12:50 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I boosted my na at 170k put 20k miles and I have never had any issues with it..If the motor is junk leaking everywhere, and needs major repair..i wouldn't waste my time and money on it. I usually tell people to do a gte swap if you buy a FFIM, HG, Coils, Map sensor, etc..

I think 1jz will suit you better since you are not chasing big numbers...You just want alittle boost in your life! And you said you were on the budget..
Old 05-29-14, 03:09 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

I love my car, we all know that. It's my Millenium Falcon and I'm Han. It might be a bucket of bolts, but she's got it where it counts. Damn I want to watch Star Wars now

For those that don't know, 99SC42 is the master builder in our area who I've trusted to repair my car. He's done more swaps and NA-T builds than anyone I know. He gives his honest opinion and provides a fair diagnosis. If you're in the DMV area, definitely reach out to him if you need some boost in your life!

Last edited by Tabaka; 05-29-14 at 03:24 PM.
Old 05-29-14, 03:21 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I think the swap is the right way to go your motor seems to have a history of not cooperating with you
Old 05-29-14, 03:57 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Why are you selling your head studs......You can use them on a 1jz....They are the same part #

I would strongly recommend when you get 1jz to replace water pump..oil pump....etc....

What is your budget?

Last edited by CatManD3W; 05-29-14 at 04:01 PM.
Old 05-30-14, 07:48 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

I guess the thought is that the head will be fine and the head studs won't be needed.

Last edited by 99SC42; 05-30-14 at 08:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Tabaka Build