Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Sc400 bogging at 4500 rpm after 2jzgte vvti swap, rev limit idk.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-13, 12:10 PM
REM
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sc400 bogging at 4500 rpm after 2jzgte vvti swap, rev limit idk.

Hey CL!!!
im new to the site and I haven't posted in the welcome section due to the fact that I dove straight into research for my SC I will be posting an a bit though
I just got an sc400, wasn't too expensive and it will be my project/build car that I will be posting on here for you guys to see and guide me in any bumps! The sc is currently somewhere else because I haven't picked it up, its currently at a friend's place, I saw some videos of it and it has smooth idle and has the 2jzgte swap. The guy I got it from said that he noticed that there were missing sensors and some wires were unplugged so he plugged them back up and replaced the sensors with other Toyota/lexus sensors from a junkyard.

Here's the problem :

The car starts up great, sounds great, revs great...until you take it out for a drive. I haven't driven it yet but I am on Friday. I haven't had the time lately due to the fact that im moving into a place with a garage . It seems that right around 4500 rpms the car looses power..like if you were to shifting in a manual but its a auto. I have been searching for the answer for about two weeks now (here and on supra forums, youtube, etc) and people have had this problem but I haven't seen a fix. Best way I can describe it is that it appears to either have that "hitting a wall" feel or that "Missing the gear" feel. I have read that it could be the ignition or igniter coils or the afm. others have found that its the tranny sensor gone bad, others found its the coolant temp sensor gone bad. One found it was the ecu not getting a good reading from the speed sensor so it lowers the redline which is a cutting of a wire away for a "quick" fix until getting it done right.

After the swap I noticed that some of the gauges don't work either and maybe not the climate control :/ I would like some help from the members or techs that have encountered this during the 2jzgte vvti 2way twins turbo swap

all replies appreciated! as well as considerations.

Ps. im trying to get more info and help so that I can try to get it a bit up to par so I can safely come home. it's far away and it does only about forty due to the rpm