Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

well decided to keep my sc300 need some build info

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-13, 03:30 PM
dammitman2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb well decided to keep my sc300 need some build info

its a 93 105000 miles on it super clean only down put is the salvage title but so im wanting around 800 to 900 hp an i want a body kit can any one help me kinda new to this 2jz iv built plenty of mustangs an heres a couple pics
Attached Thumbnails well decided to keep my sc300 need some build info-05211736.jpg   well decided to keep my sc300 need some build info-05211737.jpg   well decided to keep my sc300 need some build info-05211738.jpg  
Old 05-23-13, 03:52 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

With that mileage , that car is a perfect candidate for NA-T and a lot of people with the know how on NA-t are on this forum. I am just not sure though on that 800-900rwhp aim of yours ... you are in for a major expense to attain that goal. First thing , you need a good transmission to hold that power and the list goes on. But good luck anyway and hoping for the best.

As long as you can register your car with a salvage title in your place , it doesn't matter not unless you will be selling it in the future. Hard to sell cars with history of rebuilt or salvage .
Old 05-23-13, 06:47 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
With that mileage , that car is a perfect candidate for NA-T and a lot of people with the know how on NA-t are on this forum. I am just not sure though on that 800-900rwhp aim of yours ... you are in for a major expense to attain that goal. First thing , you need a good transmission to hold that power and the list goes on. But good luck anyway and hoping for the best.

As long as you can register your car with a salvage title in your place , it doesn't matter not unless you will be selling it in the future. Hard to sell cars with history of rebuilt or salvage .
Times 2.........
Old 05-23-13, 07:24 PM
dammitman2
Driver School Candidate

iv got 10,000 in my pocket wat can i do for that
Old 05-23-13, 07:30 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You decided to keep the car and your first build thread post is, "I want a body kit, and 900hp"

Got $30k handy?
Old 05-23-13, 08:25 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

First off welcome, and your SC looks pretty clean. Not feeling the rear spoiler, but hey if you like it...that's all the matters? So you've got 10k in your pocket? Your power goal isn't realistic with your current budget...but hey you could always do a NA-T build, swap tranny to a R154. In meantime, take some cash and take care of the suspension, pick up some LS 4 BBK and some TT rears? As far as a kit, you could do a shine AC kit, sell off your old parts, etc. Or OEM lip, 97+sides and AC rear? Or rideskinz? If any of this is confusing, check out the sticky and some build threads...search, and you'll see what I'm talking about. GL and keep us posted. Hey, where bout are you in NC?

steve
Old 05-24-13, 02:03 AM
dammitman2
Driver School Candidate

lol i dont just want a body kit i wanna get the car rite first shes not making her full power now needs tune up an some other things but im trying to figure out wat i should do just do a nice turbo kit on the motor now an just drive it for a while an save my money up again an then build the **** outa it. im in walkertown n.c
Old 05-24-13, 04:28 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by dammitman2
lol i dont just want a body kit i wanna get the car rite first shes not making her full power now needs tune up an some other things but im trying to figure out wat i should do just do a nice turbo kit on the motor now an just drive it for a while an save my money up again an then build the **** outa it. im in walkertown n.c
IF the internals of your SC300 engine are still healthy , going NA-T with your budget is your best route. 500-600rwhp is plentyful for a street car. We always wanted high numbers like 800+rwhp . Which is I guess but normal. We all want to have something to brag about. If you have all the funds to build one, go for it. How many cars on the streets have more than 500rwhp ? Not much , so with that alone , without spending too much , you are a king on the road already.

What some people don't understand , expenses can escalate pretty quick. And that $10k will not get you 800-900rwhp even if you are doing the work yourself. A lot of small things will nickel and dime you. Tune and Dyno alone that is already at least $600+ . I am not saying you don't go for the 800+rwhp aim of yours , what I am saying is with the budget you mentioned , you wont be able to build a RELIABLE one .
Old 05-24-13, 05:48 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

With 10K you can do alot of the work yourself. You could do the 2JZGTE or even the 1JZGTE motor swap and be well below that mark, again if you do mostly the work yourself. If you are a guy that fixes thing with your checkbook, then you will be well over the 10K mark. I budgeted 7K for my 1JZ swap, but after it was all said and done, it was well into the 13K mark. Remember you have to figure in other little things, like seal kits, head studs, headgasket, vacuum lines, wastegate springs, intercooler, piping, clamps, couplings, cams, tune, injectors, rail, fittings, fuel pump, fuel lines, then fittings, head work, turbo,, manifold, port and polish.... These are things off the top of my head. If you stay within the stock internal, it will be better on the pocket, but hey its your car and you know how much power you want.
Old 05-24-13, 05:50 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

You are already off to a great start, just by having a black SC in that shape. Now lets see some of the interior.
Old 05-24-13, 08:53 PM
xiaolong
Driver

You want 800-900 rwhp.
you need at least:
2JZGTE swap
Built motor: at least pistons, head work, cams. the stock motor has been known to hit some high numbers, but it'll break sooner, gotta do it right the first time.
E85 or race gas
With E85, you'll need lines and big A$$ injectors. I have 1600cc
2 fuel pumps, cant go cheap here, dont want to run out of fuel mid blast
R154 5 speed, with a good clutch, will only hold up to about 7XX truthfully...
Built autos like the Boost Logic one are only rated at 800, but will hold more
Soooooo, if you absolutely need 900, then you have to get a 6-speed, but there went your 10 grand right there
you need an ECU: AEM or Pro-EFI, thats at least $1500
Big Intercooler
Lines
The stock GTE intake manifold has held high HP, but you're pushing it at 800
Wait, you havent acquired a Turbo yet...that's a decent turbo for 800-900
you'll need some fat tires, good suspension
Oh, exhaust. Can't do it through the stocker, even if ya wanted to. I run an E-cutout, so it's quiet during normal driving
And then there's all the little stuff that will nickel and dime you to death
Tune, unless you own a dyno

So, with $10K, here's what you can get realistically: If you can do the work yourself...
2JZGTE swap
Single turbo
Decent exhaust
Better tranny
Tune
Maybe you'll get 500-600

Take your time and have fun, and WELCOME!
Old 05-24-13, 10:36 PM
dammitman2
Driver School Candidate

heres the interior its in great shape an thanks to u all for the help iv been doing alil research an i think ima start off with the gte swap for now an shot for about 600 hp for a while been looking at all kinda parts im kinda setting back to see were it will take me an a dyno i have a friend that owns one so the tuning wont be a biggie but im thinking of the 600 hp for now an just cruise with the top[ back lol i like the car now but it just needs alil more giddy up lol i got out ran by a v6 s10 this morning but like i said she needs a tune up an a oil change
Attached Thumbnails well decided to keep my sc300 need some build info-05111717.jpg   well decided to keep my sc300 need some build info-05081729.jpg  
Old 05-24-13, 10:58 PM
chnk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

wow good looking interior

well the good thing with an sc even with a salvage title you could always swap everything over into a cheap clean title donor sc or na supra
Old 05-25-13, 12:54 AM
VegasSc93
Driver School Candidate

Agrees the interior is nice hard to find an SC that doesn't have issues with the leather cracking or ripped on the driver's seat.
Old 05-25-13, 04:05 PM
dammitman2
Driver School Candidate

so if i was to sell it wat u think i could get outa it

Quick Reply: well decided to keep my sc300 need some build info