highrush45
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys!
Old 10-14-14, 05:40 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Well, no doubt you spent tons of money on that very nice car. There are times that I guess we just have to do what we got to do when some other priorities in life forces us.

Props for all the hard work .
Old 10-14-14, 07:24 AM
highrush45
Rookie

Originally Posted by gerrb
Well, no doubt you spent tons of money on that very nice car. There are times that I guess we just have to do what we got to do when some other priorities in life forces us.

Props for all the hard work .
Thanks Gerrb! Wish I could keep so many supras around like you
Old 10-14-14, 08:20 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow....you should get some in car videos before you sell it....I wanna see the racepak in action....
Old 10-14-14, 11:58 AM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sad to see you let this go! glws!!

I do have a question for you! did you have the cage made or was this a prebent cage?
Old 10-14-14, 12:15 PM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Good look on the sale Shef, I just don't think it will ever bring $38,500

Our cars are money pits that we will never be reimbursed for. I'd be surprised if you get offered half of that and I know what you have put into it. Just isn't fair I tell you.

Shane
Old 10-14-14, 03:11 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats on your completion of the BEAST! Sad, but I think we all understand why you're selling her. I can respect that you're planning on putting the money-back into the house/family!

steve
Old 10-14-14, 07:20 PM
SC2JZ300
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow, what a beast of a car, good luck with sale, hope you get what your asking for!
Old 10-15-14, 05:17 AM
highrush45
Rookie

Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by 8052JZ
Sad to see you let this go! glws!!

I do have a question for you! did you have the cage made or was this a prebent cage?
Thank you! The cage was custom made.

Originally Posted by SSmith
Good look on the sale Shef, I just don't think it will ever bring $38,500

Our cars are money pits that we will never be reimbursed for. I'd be surprised if you get offered half of that and I know what you have put into it. Just isn't fair I tell you.

Shane
I do appreciate your opinion but I would have to disagree with you. The car in parts is worth $55k easily. If that were the case, then I definitely would do a complete part out but honestly you could not even build this car over with USED parts for less than $40k and that's excluding widebody and labor.

Last edited by highrush45; 10-15-14 at 05:20 AM.
Old 10-15-14, 11:06 AM
SSmith
Instructor

Shef,

I'm not saying the car isn't worth it, I'm saying trying to find someone to drop that amount on an SC is going to be very difficult. If it were a Supra, probably wouldn't be an issue. I don't have as much as you do in my car but I've got a lot. I couldn't get anything near what I have if I were to list it and I don't know if there are many SC's out there as clean and low mileage as mine. I have had the same discussion with some of the other guys on here and we have all come to a consensus that we will probably be stuck with these cars or end up giving them away one day. I continue to sink money into mine, but I don't expect to ever get it back.

Again, I hope you get every dime you want, I just think it's going to be very difficult.

Shane
Old 10-15-14, 11:53 AM
highrush45
Rookie

Shef,

I'm not saying the car isn't worth it, I'm saying trying to find someone to drop that amount on an SC is going to be very difficult. If it were a Supra, probably wouldn't be an issue. I don't have as much as you do in my car but I've got a lot. I couldn't get anything near what I have if I were to list it and I don't know if there are many SC's out there as clean and low mileage as mine. I have had the same discussion with some of the other guys on here and we have all come to a consensus that we will probably be stuck with these cars or end up giving them away one day. I continue to sink money into mine, but I don't expect to ever get it back.

Again, I hope you get every dime you want, I just think it's going to be very difficult.

Shane
I understand where you are coming from. It's crazy but you are very right looking at it that way. Every part on my car is for a 93-98 supra except for the conversion harness so essentially people are just paying to own a Supra. It is crazy to think most people would not value my SC the same as a built Supra only because of the chassis, but i cannot change everyone's way of thinking. I just did not want to have or be that guy with just another built Supra but I guess I should have went that route to be able to resell the car. lol Maybe I should buy a Supra chassis and swap everything and ask for $20k more?
Old 10-15-14, 12:54 PM
SSmith
Instructor

Yeah,

It's funny, on the supra forums guys pay thousands of dollars to put there car back to stock !! I'm amazed at all the threads over there. The funny thing is I'd much prefer to have the SC chassis over the supra as the Lexus is a nicer car inside and out. You'd think people would figure that out.

Again, good luck with the sale. Hopefully you'll find the right person who wants it.

Shane
Old 10-15-14, 12:59 PM
highrush45
Rookie

Yeah,

It's funny, on the supra forums guys pay thousands of dollars to put there car back to stock !! I'm amazed at all the threads over there. The funny thing is I'd much prefer to have the SC chassis over the supra as the Lexus is a nicer car inside and out. You'd think people would figure that out.

Again, good luck with the sale. Hopefully you'll find the right person who wants it.

Shane
You and me both and I love how clean your SC is! I wish I started with a such a beautiful car as yours I would have saved thousands.
Old 10-15-14, 01:18 PM
SSmith
Instructor

Thanks Shef.

You know, yes and know on saving thousands. I know that SW had $40,000 grand in receipts when my car was done. He put 50K miles on it with mods. I bought the car a few years ago for 17K which I thought was very good. Exterior and interior were almost a ten so that was a ton of savings. I've lost count the amount of dollars now. The stereo itself is in the 10K department. The only good thing is the labor on most of everything I did it mostly myself. I'm estimating at least another 10K in engine mods next year as I try to jump to about 650 rear wheel. The fuel system, new turbo, new head gasket and probably better intercooler piping isn't going to be cheap. I've already got a TRD LSD which needs to be installed.

Being an "older" family man now I wish this was the only car I'd sunk all this money into. There are about twenty more of them out there some where which I lost my *** on too. This will be my last though I'm sure.................unless there is a white diamond two door CTS-V out there calling my name one day.

Shane
Old 10-27-14, 07:35 AM
highrush45
Rookie

Thanks Shef.

You know, yes and know on saving thousands. I know that SW had $40,000 grand in receipts when my car was done. He put 50K miles on it with mods. I bought the car a few years ago for 17K which I thought was very good. Exterior and interior were almost a ten so that was a ton of savings. I've lost count the amount of dollars now. The stereo itself is in the 10K department. The only good thing is the labor on most of everything I did it mostly myself. I'm estimating at least another 10K in engine mods next year as I try to jump to about 650 rear wheel. The fuel system, new turbo, new head gasket and probably better intercooler piping isn't going to be cheap. I've already got a TRD LSD which needs to be installed.

Being an "older" family man now I wish this was the only car I'd sunk all this money into. There are about twenty more of them out there some where which I lost my *** on too. This will be my last though I'm sure.................unless there is a white diamond two door CTS-V out there calling my name one day.

Shane
I am starting to feel it now with the lowball offers and bs trade offers I am getting on eBay.

Oh well I will take a learning lesson from this and probably stay away from building anything for a while. Thanks again Shane

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Shef's 1100whp '93SC400 Rebuild / Makeover