Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Shef's 1100whp '93SC400 Rebuild / Makeover

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-13, 06:38 AM
highrush45
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 95NCsoarer
I wanna see this thing in person.. I'm also located in NC in Charlotte..
Currently deployed, but I should be making my way back home in the next month or so yay!!!!
You're welcome anytime. I live in Durham, NC. Home of Duke

Originally Posted by zzobeyyzz
Showed this to my know-it-all / seen-it-all supervisor and he got wet ! Sweet car man, a real beauty..
LOL glad I could make it happen

Originally Posted by gerrb
Wow ... trying to get more power that is why you are overhauling the entire engine ? What will be the new power goal ? 1100rwhp was pretty sick to me . I guess the desease most of us have is really deadly !
Yes for sure setting new power goals but mainly because I was having problems with the headstuds/washers setting into the head or either the head was lifting and not sealing. I had the machine shop deck the head and then I replaced the HG, studs, washers and put it all back together. Ran the heat cycles through and checked torque on all the head studs and everything checked out. Put about 150 miles on it since (low boost only 20psi) and everything was fine, was not blowing coolant so I setup a dyno day with Jdogg (my new tuner/builder). First pull few pulls at 20psi made 778whp on pump gas and everything good, second pull 25psi made 825whp on C16 and started to blow some coolant, so yeah failure and could finish tuining because there was still an issue. So i've decided to buy a Brand New head from Toyota and have it ported again and new valvetrain and overhaul the entire engine. If i knew this would of happened to a $7500 cylinder head because it was not good to start with I would of just started with a new engine from the beginning.

Originally Posted by MDSC
Car is sick! And 30k will not scrape the surface of this build Lmao.
The money pit only continues to grow

Originally Posted by Barry0525
If you're interested in selling the cf hood on it now let me know I'd love to take it off your hands!
The carbon hood on it now flew off so the corners were broken and i fiberglassed them back and cut a hole on the turbo side. It is pretty much trash to me but if you want it feel free to come get it!
Old 08-13-13, 08:17 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Thats some amazing numbers on pump gas. Sorry to hear about your coolant issues. Hopefully you will have it back on the road and boosting again. With that much power I would have been happy with the first few pulls on pump gas.
Old 08-13-13, 08:24 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by highrush45
Yes for sure setting new power goals but mainly because I was having problems with the headstuds/washers setting into the head or either the head was lifting and not sealing. I had the machine shop deck the head and then I replaced the HG, studs, washers and put it all back together. Ran the heat cycles through and checked torque on all the head studs and everything checked out. Put about 150 miles on it since (low boost only 20psi) and everything was fine, was not blowing coolant so I setup a dyno day with Jdogg (my new tuner/builder). First pull few pulls at 20psi made 778whp on pump gas and everything good, second pull 25psi made 825whp on C16 and started to blow some coolant, so yeah failure and could finish tuining because there was still an issue. So i've decided to buy a Brand New head from Toyota and have it ported again and new valvetrain and overhaul the entire engine. If i knew this would of happened to a $7500 cylinder head because it was not good to start with I would of just started with a new engine from the beginning.
Sorry to hear about about the problem ... but man that 778whp at 20psi on PUMP GAS .. THAT IS A CRAZY number...

Indeed it is a very expensive experience. Wish you all the best for the next setup !
Old 08-14-13, 04:48 AM
Barry0525
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by highrush45
You're welcome anytime. I live in Durham, NC. Home of Duke

LOL glad I could make it happen

The money pit only continues to grow

The carbon hood on it now flew off so the corners were broken and i fiberglassed them back and cut a hole on the turbo side. It is pretty much trash to me but if you want it feel free to come get it!
Lol that's funny because the same thing happened to mine. But yours is in a lot better of shape. But ok how much do you want for it? Just let Jason know that ill becoming to steal it from him. This is cheesy but the other day when I was at the shop I got a picture of my car and your car together lll I love your car. Even with no front bumper at the moment
Old 08-20-13, 08:39 AM
highrush45
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Thats some amazing numbers on pump gas. Sorry to hear about your coolant issues. Hopefully you will have it back on the road and boosting again. With that much power I would have been happy with the first few pulls on pump gas.

I settled for the power for the first few weeks but then I needed more!

Originally Posted by gerrb
Sorry to hear about about the problem ... but man that 778whp at 20psi on PUMP GAS .. THAT IS A CRAZY number...

Indeed it is a very expensive experience. Wish you all the best for the next setup !
Yes it is and and I am probably going with a new wastegate/manifold setup so that I can be safer with my pump gas tune.

Lol that's funny because the same thing happened to mine. But yours is in a lot better of shape. But ok how much do you want for it? Just let Jason know that ill becoming to steal it from him. This is cheesy but the other day when I was at the shop I got a picture of my car and your car together lll I love your car. Even with no front bumper at the moment
Oh no its looking rough right now, engine out, bumper off, etc...

But sure thing I left the hood and front bumper for you at his shop.
Old 08-20-13, 01:34 PM
Barry0525
Driver School Candidate

Great. Thanks a lot man. I really apprechiate it. I just picked it up. If you want any money for it just let me know and ill get it to you.
Old 08-25-13, 07:05 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow that's a beast
Old 08-26-13, 06:34 AM
highrush45
Rookie

Great. Thanks a lot man. I really apprechiate it. I just picked it up. If you want any money for it just let me know and ill get it to you.
Don't need anything for it, hopefully is works out for you.
Old 08-26-13, 07:04 AM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Amazing build thread you have here. I bet that thing is scary when you get on it haha.
Old 08-26-13, 08:37 AM
sc300max
Rookie

You might want to do this to your new head. It will help you from the area around inside of the head squeezing to your studs (kind of a mushrooming effect).. Gives a little more surface area than just the washers contacting your head directly.

http://www.jegs.com/i/ARP/070/200-8598/10002/-1

I didn't just make this up lol.. I know a few people who do this.
Old 09-03-13, 06:13 AM
highrush45
Rookie

Originally Posted by sc300max
You might want to do this to your new head. It will help you from the area around inside of the head squeezing to your studs (kind of a mushrooming effect).. Gives a little more surface area than just the washers contacting your head directly.

http://www.jegs.com/i/ARP/070/200-8598/10002/-1

I didn't just make this up lol.. I know a few people who do this.
I will definitely look into this. Should have everything done by next week. Will post pics soon.
Old 09-04-13, 12:42 AM
Swint
Rookie

Beautiful!
Old 09-04-13, 02:27 PM
JSC300
Driver

Nice car! Looks like mine I have the yellow high beams too
Old 09-11-13, 02:25 PM
Back2aday
Driver School Candidate

jdm rocket ship
Old 10-13-13, 04:55 PM
Barry0525
Driver School Candidate

I cant wait to see this monster in the finishing stages! Im having separation anxiety from mine right now lol.

Quick Reply: Shef's 1100whp '93SC400 Rebuild / Makeover